What are you listening to right now? (17 Seconds of Cicadas)

Comments

• rostasi said:
    Well, Buari has better recordings like his Jam Busters band that's a lightweight mix of Ghanaian hi-life with 80s boogie and even his pre-disco stuff is a bit better, but for pure cashing-in cheezy retro disco fun, then I throw the Disco SoccerIt has all of the cheap strings with moaning female stereotypes that you could handle for a half-hour of smiles and laughs. That new Strut title  ^^ is nice!

I know that I have a cheeky rip of the Disco Soccer album but I'll be darned if I can find it at the moment. Must look up Buari's other work also.
  • Grzegorz Bojanek

2011                          Live In May                           2012               Remaining Sounds

2014                         Analogue                                2014               Warm Winter Music
  • Autechre - Warp Tapes 89-93

Available free: https://autechre.bleepstores.com/

(Scroll all the way to the bottom for the Warp Tapes link)
  • Gregor Samsa

2006                         55:12                                    2008                     Rest
  • Macintosh Plus - FLORAL SHOPPE

Isi Zitheran Group - From the Streets of Java (part of the JavaSounds set)
  • Grizzly Bear

2004                    Horn Of Plenty
  • Grant Lee Phillips

2003                    Virginia Creeper                      2006                 Nineteeneighties

2007                    Strangelet                                2009                  Little Moon
  • edited September 2019
    "Stupid Dream" by Porcupine Tree.

The track "Even Less" on this album is one of my all time favourites and, to my mind, Porcupine Tree was the no.1 Progressive Rock band of the new generation of Prog. Discovered Porcupine Tree on eMusic back in the heady days when it was loaded with great albums!

Thanks @Germanprof for reminding me that it was time to re-visit them!

• Keith Jarrett - Live Standards in Norway
  • God Is An Astronaut

2006             A Moment Of Stillness                     2008               God Is An Astronaut

2010              Age Of The Fifth Sun
  • Glenn Underground 

2000                                                       Lounge Excursions
  •  
    New Amsterdam,  August 30, 2019
  • Groove Collective

2001                     It's All In Your Mind
  • edited September 2019
    "Stupid Dream" by Porcupine Tree.

The track "Even Less" on this album is one of my all time favourites and, to my mind, Porcupine Tree was the no.1 Progressive Rock band of the new generation of Prog. Discovered Porcupine Tree on eMusic back in the heady days when it was loaded with great albums!

Thanks @Germanprof for reminding me that it was time to re-visit them!
    “Even Less” is a favorite of mine too. Emusic helped me assimilate all their pre-In Absentia releases.
  • Bunny Lee & The Aggrovators Presents Super Dub Disco Style

Great dub on Pressure Sounds; still at emu!
  • Oneohtrix Point Never - Rifts

I never finished this in time from emu (I got only the “Zones Without People” ep), but recently picked it up from Amazon as a 3cd set for $10. Nice!
  • Sir Douglas Quintet - The Mono Singles ‘68 - ‘73
  • Image result for pineapple thief what we have sown
    My favorite album of theirs. I had forgotten how good it is. There are parts where Radiohead should feel very flattered, but when it spreads its wings it is magnificently moody.

• Surprise !

released September 12, 2019
    Iconic alternative rock band R.E.M. has shared a previously unreleased song, “Fascinating,” to benefit global organization Mercy Corps’ Hurricane Dorian relief and recovery efforts in the Bahamas. Band members Peter Buck, Mike Mills and Michael Stipe recorded “Fascinating” in 2004 at Nassau’s Compass Point Studios . . . 
  • edited September 2019

Jaap Blonk (voice, electronics, objects)
    James Falzone (clarinets, wind instruments, and objects)
    Owen Davis (percussion and voice)
    Rob Wallace (percussion and voice)
    September 13, 2019
    This is the first recording released on Nonessential Records, formed in September 2019 by the curators of the Interference Series. This recording captures some of the spirit of the series - bringing in amazing artists to Flagstaff and finding ways to interface with local artists. This recording is called "First Encounters" in reference to the practice in the world of free improvisation of a performance where improvisors are literally playing together for the first time. This recording, performed live and in three segments in the studio, is true to its title. . . .

composed by Dai Fujikura
    performed by Kristiansand Symphony Orchestra
    Hidejiro Honjoh (shamisen)
    Christoffer Nobin (conductor)
    LIVE recording from Punkt, recording engineer: Simen Hefte
    (Kind permissions from Kristiansand Symphony Orchestra, Hidejiro Honjoh, Christoffer Nobin, and Punkt festival)
    Dai Fujikura's Shamisen Concerto is co-commissioned by Aya Hasegawa and Hidejiro Honjoh

• Kate Rusby - Life in a Paper Boat
  • edited September 2019
    Plays Well with Others

After hearing some of this online (it is 4 CDs long) I decided that i would buy it. Ten days ago Amazon had it at £18.49. I didn't order then as I wanted to check to see if a local store had it, but went back a couple of days later to Amazon and it had gone up to £22.99, so I left it. Tried again yesterday and it had returned to £18.49. I wonder of this is Amazon using dynamic pricing. Has anyone-else had a similar experience?

By the way, some of the album is excellent, but that does not apply to all tracks, espcially the earlier ones, where it is patchy to say the least.
  • The latest Continuo purchase from Bandcamp:

Released August 30, 2019
    Experimental pipe organ . . .
  • The latest Michel Banabila purchase from Bandcamp:

D'Incise - Assemblée, Relâche, Réjouissance, Parade
    Released June 7, 2019
  • In the Heart of the Moon

Having mentioned this in another thread, I decided it is time to play it again!
  • edited September 2019
    Guilherme Darisbo

2009                 Rambla                                              Guilherme Darisbo + Yama Yuki 
                                                                                              - 2010november13

2014  Guilherme Darisbo + Blu Simon Wasem         2018     Guilherme Darisbo + Marcelo Armani
                                 - Nº 02                                                              - [051] Música Refinada

eta- Most enjoyable!
This discussion has been closed.