I started a podcast

1181920212224»

Comments

• Took last week off. We were babysitting, including a sick little boy who couldn’t go to daycare on Friday. He tested clean for COVID, but still had a slight fever and was pretty sluggish.

My wife and I got our flu shots and COVID booster on Thursday. One in each arm – I’m feeling pretty invincible right now (though still very cautious). Heard that there was no big flu outbreak in the last two years and that it could continue if everyone got the vaccine. Isolation and vaccines helped in 2020 and 2021, but hesitation to get shots and no more isolation could increase the incidence of the flu – let’s get shots in arms.

Today’s podcast is all about the give and take, with Santana, Rod Stewart, Man, Chairmen of the Board, J. Geils Band, the Lyres, the Sinceros, David Byrne, Chris Isaak, John Hiatt, Kim Weston, Evie sands, Lee Fields, and Al Green.

Please go to brennick.net to stream or download or download the podcast brennick.net. Thank you for tuning in.

• Good on ya! Going in on 10/10 at 10 for the new booster,
    but waiting until near the end of October for the flu shot.
    Could go sooner for the booster, but I’m trying to get it
    as close to the after three month mark as I can get it.
  • October is one of my favorite months. I love the crisp fall days when the hot, humid days have passed and the leaves have fallen from the trees. It’s my kind of weather. It’s also the month in which I was born (I’ll be 3 x 21), and the month I got married (it’ll be 40 years on the 30th). Big month for me and Kate. Everyone’s doing well. I’ve still managed to avoid COVID, and have as many boosters as possible, as well as my flu shot. I feel invincible. Hope everyone out there is doing well, also. Devil or Angel? Find out in this week’s podcast, with Jimi Hendrix, Jim Carroll, Eurythmics, David Bowie, the Beatles, the Grateful Dead, the Rolling Stones, Angel Olsen, the Beths, Beth Orton, Elliott Smith, WIlco, the Blues Project, and Southern Culture on the Skids. Please go to brennick.net to stream or download or download the podcast brennick.net. Thank you for tuning in.
  • I like October too, brings back lots of memories of walking through leaves as a child. My birthday too later this week, although 3x24!! We had both flu and Covid shots this week, doing our best to avoid both. Nice range of artists this month, thanks
  • I was 1 x 60 last Sunday. Didn't realise I was hanging around with so many youth!
  • 64 Hexagrams last Sunday. Wonder if anyone has ever ascribed a single I-Ching hexagram to each personal year on earth (not necessarily in order).
  • Yesterday was my birthday. When I was young my birthday was a big deal for me, but as I’ve gotten older the passing of time with markers has become less important to me. Still, it’s becoming an achievement to hit some of these markers (I am 21…times 3).

So I’d like to thank everyone who sent me well wishes for my birthday yesterday. I’m not on Facebook that often and will miss birthdays, but I should try to be more aware when friends are having birthdays – the little acknowledgments mean a lot to me.

Great music on today’s podcast, with Cold Blood, Janis Joplin, Sam Samudio, the Bees, the Call, the Brian Jonestown Massacre, Lucinda Williams, Evie Sands, Samantha Fish, Geoff & Maria Muldaur, the Waterboys, Echo & the Bunnymen, and Big Audio Dynamite.

Please go to brennick.net to stream or download or download the podcast brennick.net. Thank you for tuning in.

• I feel pretty much the same way. I get excited more about other people’s b-days, but I don’t have the auto reminders that most people I know have. I’m sure they have some kind of calendar reminders - mostly at work.
    For example, if my b-day falls on a weekend, I rarely hear b-day well-wishes … and I’m guessing that it’s because they’re not at work, … but a weekday? Yup! They come in droves. 😀 Big happy birthday to you bremble! Hope it was fun!
  • Happy birthday, belatedly!
  • Going to send out a quick Halloween podcast, full of witches, ghosts, zombies, and monsters. Kate and I are headed to Cambridge this weekend to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary. Enjoy Halloween!

Elvis Presley, October Country, Donovan, Frank Sinatra, Fleetwood Mac, Psychedelic Furs, the Bamboos, Emmett Miller, the Fleshtones, the Jazz Butcher, Nilsson, Faith No More, Fred Schneider & the Shake Society, Sons & Daughters, the Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band, and Bobby Boris Pickett.

• Congratulations to you both on your 40th Anniversary. From memory from a visit 22 yearas ago cambridge is a lovely place. I know the UK city really well, liking it a lot, as I lived near there for 30 plus years.
  • Bremble, I might have asked you this before,
    but who are you using to host your podcast
    and do you still think the price is reasonable
    for what they give you?
  • Hi, I use a service called inmotion hosting and they have an unlimited amount of hosting It's pretty easy to use. 
  • OK, thanks, but I’ve used Bluehost for many years.
    I was wondering about the podcast, not the website.
    Some kind of money has to go to a podcast hosting
    site of some kind so they can pay the royalty companies,
    (ASCAP, BMI, SECAM…), so I was wondering who they
    were and if you were happy with the price they charge.
  • I don't use a hosting site. I think (it's been a while) I did option 2 from here: https://www.thepodcasthost.com/websites-hosting/how-to-upload-a-podcast/ - the RSS feed from my website gets pushed whenever I put out a new show. You can pay $20.00 a year to Apple, I think, that will host your podcast. I think that this works, too, and may be free: https://podcasters.apple.com/support/897-submit-a-show

• Thanks for the info. I figured that there had to be some kind of hosting site that you have to pay money to just because the royalties have to be kept track of somewhere. That’s the big difference (and sometimes hindrance) when it comes to music podcasts instead of talking ones. I seem to remember a big umbrella company that you can send your RSS feed to and it will find its way to a whole bunch of audio carriers like TuneIn, Google, Apple, Spotify, etc. I’ll look into it more. Again, thanks a bunch!
  • edited November 2022
    OK, so I’m seeing that if you upload to Apple and Spotify only, you will already have a giant chunk of the podcast providers - plus, when you are on those two, the other “lesser” ones automagically find your podcasts and just begin listing them. Now, I need to see how music podcasts might be a different kettle of fish - legally.
  • Anyone seen bremble in the past 6 months?
  • I'm still here. I paused my podcast and I've been fairly quiet. I am very impressed by your radio show - it's great. I especially loved the one where you talked about how your Mom listened to Frenesi. Great stuff.
  • Oh! Good! Just wondering what happened because no podcasts.
    Everyone deserves a break tho, so I can understand.
    Glad you like the show. The info about "Frenesi" and mention of my mom
    were two completely different items, but yes, she was familiar with "Frenesi." 
     ;)