I started a podcast

Comments

• edited June 2015
    bremble said:

Bill O'Reilly's "open season on Christians and white men"
    Anyone commenting to the effect that the fortunes of Christianity and those of white men are in any way tied or allied to one another should be made to repeat view the video of black Christians in Charleston forgiving the white man who shot their friends and relatives for a few hours before being allowed outside again.

• edited June 2015
    Hi, I'm not sure how this will work - it may go up late, as I am not home this Sunday morning. We'll see if I can sneak this up on time.

I've been looking at my website (something I don't do a lot) and have made some changes to it. The page design is different (new "theme" to the webpage), and I have modified the sidebars (right to left, now with a calendar of when I post, recent LP plays and books I've read or are currently reading). I hope you like the changes made. I'm also going to try to post more - more writing (on Tuesdays?) and photos I've taken (on Thursdays?). We'll see how that goes. Onward and upward.

On today's podcast, we start with a set of brand new music with Saun & Starr, Hot Chip, Daughn Gibson and Florence and the Machines. Then we head back in time for Martin Briley, George Harrison, Roxy Music, Evan Johns and the H-Bombs, Bonnie Raitt, Maria and Geoff Muldaur, The Smiths, David Byrne, The Jam, and David Bowie.

The podcast is available to stream or download at brennick.net. All the other podcasts are still available to stream or download - take a listen. You can also leave comments and suggestions on the website - tell me what you think of the website change. Thank you for your continued interest in the podcast - it's why I do it. Make sure you tune in again next week for another edition of the podcast.
  • Hey, it's the 4th of July. Well, yesterday was. That's it - just an acknowledgement of a date on the calendar. I'm not much for holidays, except that we get to spend time with friends and family, which is what I'm doing this weekend. Highly recommended.Oh, and listening to music. That's important, too. 

Today's podcast has an interesting mix of music, including an all-American set of late-50's early-60's music. So join in and listen to Haley Bonar, The Byrds, the Walker Brothers, the Brothers Johnson, Wire, Beirut, John Foxx, the Ramones, the Everly Brothers,Buddy Holly, Chuck Berry, Carl Perkins, Little Richard, Alison Moyet, INXS, the English Beat and ABC. A late dance set for y'all. 

Podcasts are always available to stream or download at brennick.net. Listen, comment, and share with others - this podcast would be great for the beach. I'd like to thank everyone who listens to this on a regular basis - you're why I continue to produce podcasts. Enjoy the 4th weekend and listen to good music.
  • Folk kept asking me at church if we had a good Fourth of July. I started telling them that we spent it in misery mourning the loss of the colonies. Seriously though, we're just not viscerally enough attached to it to notice it much.
  • Today I'm posting a mid-week podcast. Today's podcast focuses on artists that I listen to a lot but who don't usually make it into the regular podcasts. Most of these artists are not mainstream, but have made incredible music that is very rewarding. Could also be called music my wife does not like - I usually have to play these when she's not around. 

There's a good variety of music here, and I've only just scratched the surface. A lot got left behind, so there may be a follow-up. Who doesn't like a song sung in Welsh, anyway? 

Featured today are David Lynch(yes, that David Lynch), Johnny Dowd, Captain Beefheart, Coati Mundi, Frank Zappa, The Residents, Pere Ubu, Tom Waits, MC 900 Ft. Jesus, Snakefinger, P.J. Harvey and Super Furry Animals.

Regular podcasts are posted on Sundays, with irregular podcasts showing up on the occasional Wednesdays. All are available to stream or download at brennick.net. As always, comments and suggestions are welcome. Thank you for listening.
  • We're in the midst of summer - let's enjoy the seemingly few days of sunshine that we're given and soak up some sun. Oh, but be safe and wear sunscreen, cover up and use the shade - the sun'll kill you. If you're like me, you just burn anyway - I don't get proper tans, but may end up with one as the sunburn fades. I usually cover up, even if I have to go to the beach. There may be some beach in my future today. Let's just enjoy the days we get. 

Enjoy the day with FFS, Dinosaur Jr., Anna Calvi, Syd Barrett, Little Feat, The Steve Miller Band, Love, The Allman Brothers Band, Ronnie Lane, A Band of Bees, The Damned, Eddie and the Hot Rods, The Real Kids, Wire, and the Clash. 

Stream or download at brennick.net. Leave comments and suggestions - how are things going  here? Share with others and just enjoy. Thank you for listening.
  • Well, I must admit that I've never listened to a podcast from anyone, that I know of, but I'm always happy to see your playlists. It's like looking into my library and I'm always happy to chase down some new names. I'm off to hunt down Anna Calvi.
    -always
    ps. anytime it's hot enough to melt down the coconut oil is alright by me.
  • Rainy Saturday, thunderstorm Sunday, then nice during the week when I'll be inside my office. And we'll probably press repeat next weekend. We're starting the day with a thick fog, so it'll be humid throughout the day that will lead into the thunderstorms. Time to study our plans for the day and see what we can accomplish early in the day. 

On today's podcast, we spend much of our time in the 1970's. There's a side trip to New Orleans, and we don't forget the 1960's. Tune in with Asa, Brenda Lee, The Beautiful South, Graham Coxon, Bruce Springsteen, Bobby Blue Bland, Jimmy Hughes, Robert Palmer, Benny Spellman, Irma Thomas, Allan Toussaint, Dr. John, Profesor Longhair, Grateful Dead, Little Feat, Fleetwood Mac, and the Buffalo Springfield.  

Stream or download this and all other podcasts at brennick.net. Leave suggestions and comments, and please share with others.
  • Hello. I've posted a special edition of the PB Podcast. Today we travel back in time to 1975 - 40 years ago. Does that seem like a long time to you? When I was born, 40 years ago was the end of World War I - seems like a longer amount of time to me than 40 years ago from today. There was another World War stuck in there (between 1919 and 1959) and a lot of changes in the world during the 40-year period just before my birth.

I suppose, since I am communicating on technology that was probably not even dreamed of in 1975 that there has been a lot of changes in these intervening 40 years - hmm, let me think on whether this 40-year span has made similar leaps.

Anyway, 1975 was a great year for music. I remark about all the albums I was thinking about that did not make the cut during the show - maybe I'll do a part 2. 1975 has an all-time favorite of mine that leads off the set. So go back in time and listen to Bob Dylan, Pink Floyd, Bruce Springsteen, Roxy Music, Led Zeppelin, John Cale, Steely Dan, Joni Mitchell, Guy Clark, Neil Young, Al Green, Earth, Wind and Fire, and Parliament.

This podcast and all others are located at http://brennick.net.

Stream or download, comment, make suggestions, and share this and other podcasts. Thank you for your attention.

• When I was young I always thought that I did not belong in a small town, and when I grew up  I'd live in a big city, where everything was happening. I got my chance in my 20's to move to Boston and work in the city for a couple of years - I hated it, and couldn't wait to get back to small town living. 

As I've gotten older I've come to appreciate the beauty of small things - I'm less impatient and can take the time to find that beauty. I guess I'm just a small-town boy after all.

On today's show we bounce around different genres - country, reggae, soul and rock. So listen in to hear the Marshall Tucker Band, Gram Parsons, Steve Earle, Johnny Cash, Dwight Yoakam, Toots Hibbert, Dandy Livingstone, Bob Marley and the Wailers, Joe Hicks, The Bamboos, Parliament, Tom Waits, Bob Mould and Luscious Jackson. 

This and all podcasts are available at brennick.net. Stream, download, leave comments and suggestions. Enjoy!

• Moving Day - not for me, for my son. He and his girlfriend have found a great apartment (I've yet to see it, but...), and I'll be helping them move today - again. I missed the move to Iowa and the return, but I've moved Nick (and girlfriends, who insist on packing books in the largest box possible. I moved one girl into her Aunt's house for the summer when Nick was in college, and moving those books from her dorm room to the attic - with a narrow stairway - was no fun. And no males to help. Nick was doing something else, so it was the girlfriend and me) numerous times. 

Did I mention that I'm not getting any younger? Although I'm very experienced moving people- myself, my brothers, friends, etc. - I'd like my expertise to be more in the vein of logistics rather than strength. But strength will be needed. Hopefully it'll be the last move for awhile, and then he can rely on friends for the next move. Time for me to retire from the moving company. Better be a great apartment.

On today's podcast, we start off with Fishbone, then it's onto Funkadelic, Otis Redding, Billy Hamlon, Echo and the Bunnymen, Iggy Pop, The Black Angels, Beck, Public Image Limited, Blondie, Dengue Fever, Gene Loves Jezebel, The Dukes of Stratusphear, Sleater-Kinney, The Connells and, Robyn Hitchcock. 

Go to brennick.net to stream or download this podcast. All of the other podcasts are also available to stream or download also. Leave comments and suggestions - what would you like to hear on the podcast? Thank you for listening.
  • Time for another podcast devoted to jazz. I play a lot of jazz at home, and was surprised how much new jazz I've acquired since  the last podcast. Coupled with the new stuff is a bunch of classic jazz that I've been listening to as well. I'm in the process of "digitizing" my CD's onto my computer - I was doing that to LP's and cassettes, but something's happened there and I can't get a signal from my stereo to my PC. Instead I'm focusing on my CD's, then one day I'll get ambitious and trace the problem and fix it so I can return to digitizing my analog catalog. Recently I've been focusing on digitizing more of my jazz collection, and some of the tunes are a result of that work. 

On todays' show you'll hear Charlie Hunter Trio with Curtis Fowlkes, Terrell Stafford, Thad Jones, Cyrus Chestnut, Count Basie and Oscar Peterson, Duke Ellington, Louis Armstrong, Horace Silver, Blue Mitchell, Ron Jefferson and Tricky Lofton, Henry Mancini, and Miles Davis. 

This and all podcasts are available at brennick.net. Stream, download, comments, suggestions - you know the drill by now. Thank you for listening. 

• Well, the first 2016 Presidential debate was last Thursday. My problem with debates, especially early on, is that we really don't learn anything new about the candidates. Especially with so many candidates on stage, we only get to hear a lot of the stump speeches the candidates have been honing. There's also not much "debating" - everyone sticks with his or her talking points. It will be no different when the Democrats decide to debate - everyone will just be looking for gaffes, not substance. Welcome to the new political paradigm. 

On today's show we get out the vote with Suzanne Vega, The Brian Jonestown Massacre, Spirit, Van Morrison, The Rascals, Blood, Sweat & Tears, That Petrol Emotion, The Silencers, Gang of Four, Cornershop, Matthew Sweet, Simply Red, Fine Young Cannibals, Fistful of Mercy, and John Lennon.

Vote your choice at brennick.net. Stream or download this and all other podcasts, leave comments and suggestions. Share with others in the early campaign season (really - it's much too early for this. 17 Republicans?). Thank you for listening. 
  • There's supposed to be an intense El Nino event this fall - Pacific waters are warming up and there is supposed to be an intense  period of the El Nino phenomenon. This means far more rain storms in California, which last time had terrible mud slides as a result. I think that they'll take that, as the increased rain  could help them with their drought situation. Climate change is real - time to deal with it. 

Today we are looking at the moon on the PB Podcast - not that fake "double moon" hoax about a large Mars (only ever looks starlike) that is supposed to appear this month, but our satellite up in the sky. We check color, type, and other phenomena associated with that orb in the nighttime sky. So let's learn some astronomy with Elvis Presley, the Marcels, Beck, Colourbox, Nick Drake, The Silencers, Chuck Berry, Little Feat, Grin, Van Morrison, David Bowie, The Beatles, Supertramp, the Rolling Stones, King Crimson, and Pink Floyd.   

Go to brennick.net to stream or download this podcast. In fact, you can stream or download all the podcasts there - space is no problem. Leave comments and make suggestions - I need suggestions for the podcasts. Finally, share with others during this late August period. Thank you for listening. 

• Earlier this week I updated the WordPress Software on the website and had a fatal error. Didn't know at first whether it was just something that was part of the web browser (nope - checked that). So I did a complete reinstall which wiped out all of my posts. I was able to put up the last post, and all of the media (photos and mp3's) were not affected, so I was able to get that back up pretty easily. 

The question was what was I going to do with the old posts? Was it worth putting those back up, either in full or in batches? I was going to ask people to comment on that. Fortunately, I contacted the web hosting company, which had done a backup of my site, and it was able to restore the site with minor adjustments. I will have to explore rebuilding part of the website (minor, really), as a plugin I was using was the reason the update crashed. But my site is back. Yay, InMotion Hosting, the webhosting site I use. They were very responsive and quick in restoring the website. Great job. 

Let's celebrate the return of the site with Hole, Dusty Springfield, The Monkees, Talk Talk, Heaven 17, Depeche Mode, Johnny Cash, The Rutles, XTC, Julian Cope, Husker Du, Gorillaz, Squeeze, and The Golden Palominos. I can proudly say that this and all other podcasts are still available to download or stream at brennick.net. Please leave comments and suggestions - I love to hear from you. And share with others - let's build listenership here. Thank you. 
  • Hi. Today's show features a bunch of new music released this year, and a couple of tunes by artists that will be releasing music soon. I like listening to new music - my interest in music is still strong. I've read that many people's tastes stagnate when they get older, but I still like hearing new tunes in rock, jazz, etc. - which I now share with others in these podcasts. 

So let's listen to music from Sharon Van Etten, Santigold, M.I.A., Bettye Lavette, Tame Impala, Ducktails, Wilco, Wire, XTC, Beach House, Dave Alvin, Hue "Piano" Smith and the Clowns, Koko Taylor, and Dale Hawkins.

This podcast is available to stream or download at brennick.net. All previous podcasts are still available on the website as well. Listen, download, leave comments and suggestions, and share with others. Thank you.
  • It's back to school time - hope everyone's got their pencil boxes ready for the year. School time makes me nostalgic for the days when I started back to school at the New Sharon School - in 1970 I was going onto Mrs. Fiddler's 5th grade classroom with the same gang I had gone to school with since 2nd grade. There wasn't a lot of people moving in and out of the District back in those days. 1970 was one of my best years as a child - not sure why, but age 11 (at the end of the year) was an early highlight. 

Music probably had a lot to do with it. Today's podcast looks back at some of the best songs of the year 1970 (45 years ago) - many of which I owned on 45 if not on albums. I got Imagine by John Lennon for my birthday, as an example. Let's think back and listen to Rod Stewart, Van Morrison, Delaney & Bonnie, The Allman Brothers Band, The Beatles, Paul McCartney, John Lennon, George Harrison, Derek & The Dominoes, Neil Young, The Velvet Underground, The MC5, Aretha Franklin, Al Green, Curtis Mayfield, and Buddy Miles. 

This special Wednesday edition of the podcast is available at brennick.net. You can download or stream this podcast as well as all the other podcasts I've done over the past year pus. Leave comments and suggestions, and share as you can. Thank you for listening.
  • Waiting for my coffee to brew. Getting the coffee ready in the morning is one of my last rituals - I've stripped away many of the rituals of my life, but getting out the grinder, pouring the beans in , grinding the beans, getting water into the maker, putting in a filter, pouring the ground coffee into the filter, and pressing start is still very satisfying to me. During the week, I generally get the coffeemaker ready the night before, so a little is lost (the more tired I am in doing the ritual, the easier it is for me to awaken to the day) when I prepare the evening before. But on the weekends, especially Sunday, the ritual is on. Praise be to Burundi (Fair Trade coffee all the way).

So take a sip of your favorite morning beverage and listen to this week's podcast that has The Nails, Everything But the Girl, J.B. Hutto, John Hiatt, Dr. John, Bettye Lavette, Hawkwind, Jethro Tull, Argent, Jackie DeShannon, Georgia, The Four Tops, and the Band.

This podcast is available to stream or download at brennick.net. All previous podcasts are still available on the website as well. Listen, download, leave comments and suggestions, and share with others. Thank you.
  • I recently finished reading the book  Let's Talk About Love by Carl Wilson, which is a book that examines how we think about music. The album he's chosen is Let's Talk About Love by Celine Dion. He spends the book talking about musical taste - bad taste, why people love Celine Dion, why he, as a music critic, is pre-disposed to hate Celine Dion's music. It was a great book (he ends up kind of liking some of the album). 

My thinking about music has changed through the years as well. I think it's part of getting older - I have lost some of my old prejudices against music and am more accepting of music. There is music that I listen to and music I don't listen to. I don't listen to a lot of current pop music - as I said on the podcast, I haven't purposely listened to a Katy Perry song, but I'm not going to denigrate her music - many people like it. There are a couple of things I've listened to this year that I do not care for - Imagine Dragons and Sia - but that comes from actually listening to their music. What I do like I generally love.

So listen with me as I play some more music I love, like Jerry Reed, The Blasters, The The, Divine Comedy, Paul McCartney, Belle & Sebastian, The Replacements, P.J. Harvey, The Animals, The Cramps, Alice Cooper, Deep Purple, Happy Mondays, Quicksilver Messenger Service, and Richard Thompson.

• Politics in America is weird. Candidates are running for office far too early. It's the silly season. The first voting is till 5 months away - the Iowa Caucus is February 1 and the NH Primary is February 9. By then our infatuation with candidates will have changed a couple of times, and I suspect that different people will be leading in the polls and will win the nomination. We need to stop paying attention for awhile, if only the media would let us. They're way to interested, yet they do not focus on the important topics, like what do the candidates think are the most important issues? What will they do about the economy? I can't believe that immigration and name calling are the most important topics, yet they dominate the Republican field. Let's stop and focus on what is truly important.

Tody, let's vote for music and listen to The Go-Go's, The Brian Jonestown Massacre, Gossip, The Selector, War, Fontaine Brown, Tower of Power, Clarence Reid, Elvis Costello, Joe Jackson, Nick Lowe, Graham Parker, Garnett Mimms, Detroit Cobras, The Yardbirds, The Five Royales, and Steve Cropper.  

• Tonight is the big "supermoon" total lunar eclipse. It should be clear skies where I am tonight, so I should be able to see the lunar eclipse without worrying about clouds. It starts at 9:07, becomes totally eclipsed at 10:47 PM. Woo, that's late for me, not sure if I'll make the maximum eclipse time. Hope everyone will take a look tonight - hope it'll be clear skies for you as well. 

The supermoon is a blood moon - what is a blood moon? Not sure - it's not astronomy, just plain fantasy. Some religions believe that there are 4 blood moons that will either lead to end times, point to end times, or is somehow tied to Revelations. The Mormon Church had to issue a statement to calm down their followers, who believe there is some significance to the blood moon eclipse. Because science.

I should have done my moon show today, but that was done awhile ago, so I have a regular podcast for today (hey, it's El Nino on August 16, 2015). It'll go well with watching the eclipse tonight anyway - I'll be listening. So let's eclipse together with Uncle Tupelo, Alejandro Escovedo, Pete Case, Shelby Lynne, Rosanne Cash, Willie Nelson, Peggy Lee, David Byrne & St. Vincent, My Morning Jacket, Gorillaz, the Dandy Warhols, Arctic Monkeys, Garland Jeffreys, The Fall, and Siouxsie Sue.

• How appropriate - it's going to rain all day, with heavy rain predicted ("It's a Hard Rain that's gonna fall"). Today's special podcast looks at weather. We start with a stormy forecast, then see the clouds move in. From there we have a lot of rain before ending with the sun - there's always the sun. 

So grab an umbrella and listen to The Classics IV, T-Bone Walker, The Pixies, World of Twist, The Rolling Stones, The Temptations, Morissey, Paul Weller, Garland Jeffreys, The Ronettes, The Continental Drifters, Adele, The Rivieras, Blondie, The Walker Brothers, The Kinks, and The Pretty Things.  

• When I was a kid, I had an impressive array of toy guns. Pistols, rifles, and sub-machine guns. We played war constantly - I was the yellow peril, I played many Germans, and I was a good guy. We literally spent hours and hours with toy guns in our hand.

I lived in rural Maine all my life. Many people (mostly male, but some female) were hunters. They hunted birds, deer, and other game generally during hunting season, but some throughout the year, so they would have some meat to eat during the year. The men in my family hunted as well - all but me. I went through the NRA Safe Hunter program, and learned how to shoot handguns and rifles. Like many others, I enjoyed my time shooting. But I do not hunt.

There was another shooting this week in Oregon, and this is another plea to do something about the number of guns that we have in the U.S. Hunters should have guns, and they should have proper hunting guns appropriate to what is being hunted. I do not believe that people should have guns to protect themselves against others, and do not believe that the 2nd Amendment gives carte blanche to allow anyone to have an arsenal like the one I had as a child (Well-regulated militia - most of the gun nuts are not regulated at all). This won't stop the senseless killing that is going on, as most of these shooters attained these guns legally and would have passed any background checks put in place. But if we can lose our fetish this society has with guns, perhaps we can cut back on these gun-obsessed mass shooters.

Let's look for solutions this week with The Db's, R.E.M., The Connells, Low, Elvis Presley, Dwight Yoakam, Ronnie Dawson, The Flamin' Groovies, The Fleshtones, Outkast, Sharon Jones and the Dap-Kings, The Jackson Five, The Staple Singers, Howard Tate, Aretha Franklin, Alison Moyet, and Sam Cooke. Sam was killed in a shooting (ruled justifiable homicide). 

• Last night I finished M Train by Patti Smith. What a great book. The main focus of the book is a shambling diary of the year 2012, but touches on much more, especially her marriage to Fred "Sonic" Smith of the MC5. It's just a wonderful book full of coffee, TV detectives (USA Network's The Killing with Linden and Holder get a particular workout), attempting to write, and stories about her life with Fred. 

I will be revisiting this book again and again. She makes me want to think again. Thanks Patti.  

On today's podcast we don't have Patti, but will have fun with Husker Du, the Flamin' Groovies, The Nerves, The Records, Devo, The Magnetic Fields, Sparks, T. Rex, Neko Case, The Cranberries, Chuck Jackson, Frank Zappa, Mazzy Star, Julie Holter, and Ellen McIlwaine.   

• Today's podcast looks back at the year 1965. Ah, 1965. The year I turned 6. That was 50 years ago (how old will I be in 8 days?). In 1965 there weren't many "albums" as such - most songs were made to be released as singles. Remember 45's - little 7" discs with a song on each side? 

Most of the songs I put on this podcast were released as singles - the one on-specific singles ended up as a B side on a single. But the songs were great anyway. Radio was so much better back then, I think. You would always hear many different sounds back then. Little by little music got segregated into different genres. and different radio stations would focus on specific types of music and not play music that didn't fit heir sound. What a loss.

So let's look back 50 years and listen to Bob Dylan, The Yardbirds, The Who, The Beatles, The Animals, James Brown, The Supremes, Junior Walker & the All-Stars, Marvin Gaye, Billy Stewart, Sam the Sham and the Pharoahs, The Rolling Stones, The Lovin' Spoonful, The Vogues, The McCoys, The Strangeloves, Nancy Sinatra, The Mama's and the Papa's, Petula Clark, and the Moody Blues.  

• edited October 2015
    1965 was the year I turned 15 (50 years ago yesterday). Yes there was so much different music on one station. But  in other ways I think radio is better now, certainly in the UK. There are stations actually playing  music all day - not the case in 1965, when we only had three national stations and regional/local radio did not exist - otherwise it was Radio Luxembourg on a very weak a.m. signal in the evening.  Sound quality is far superior now, and you can listen to stations playing the kind of music you want all day long. But I do agree with Bremble that it was good not to have segregated music in the way that can happen now.
  • Happy Birthday plus one day, Greg!

Craig
  • Happy B+3!

I kind of miss singles and B-sides.
  • As soon as I heard that the Speaker of the House did not have to be a member of the House (check), not in the majority party (check), and not have to be a "natural born" citizen (check), I decided that I had to become Speaker of the House. I have all 3 of the qualifications. I'm not in Congress, I'm not a Republican, and I was born in Canada (of U.S. Citizens, but I was told that I couldn't be President because I was not born on U.S. soil - please explain Ted Cruz to me - wait, don't). 

I'd get in and force bills to the floor, make people accountable for their votes, and try to break up the do-nothing Congress. Oh, that is what disqualifies me? Oh well.

Please join my efforts in legislation by listening to Jah Wobble's Invaders of the Heart, Alison Moyet, Janis Joplin, Dave Alvin & Phil Alvin, Shemekia Copeland, Otis Spann, John Mayall's Bluesbreakers, Fleetwood Mac, The Hoodoo Gurus, Sharon Jones and the Dap-Tones, Albert Collins with Robert Cray and Johnny Copeland, Cowboys International, Gary Numan, The Jam, and The Sinceros. 

• I turned 56 this week - overall I don't feel any different than I did when I was younger. The vagaries of age haven't caught up to me, except... I've become more forgetful. I suppose that it's due to age. Over the past few years I've started to be more forgetful about things - I'll get up and walk into a room, and wonder what I was going to do. I have to write extensive to-do lists to remember even the little things. I was never great remembering people's names (but when we first met and any information I was told I remember), but it's gotten even worse. Time to break out "hey guy" when I see people. 

I suppose that I can lie with that. I try to do brain games so I won't end up getting Alzheimer's, but I may end up encased in my own world when I am older. We'll see. 

Help me remember why I put together this podcast that features 'Til Tuesday, Agent Orange, Don Dixon, Fischer Z, ? & The Mysterions, The Black Keys, That Petrol Emotion, The Fall, Led Zeppelin, The Doors, Barrence Whitfield & the Savages, The Black Angels, Rod Stewart, Don Covay, Blondie, and Ann Peebles. All written down, of course.