What are you listening to right now? (16 Banners United)

Comments

• edited October 2017
    Hey look, there's Johnny Dowd singing/vocalizing on a couple and narrating The Skaters.

My wife tells me that when it comes to Johnny Dowd - "That is not singing"

Ps. Johnny reading - The Skaters

• Grant Hart - The Argument
  • Might have mentioned this before, I'm a Johnny Dowd fan. Great music and such an interesting and unique voice. Some of my earliest downloads when Emusic was unlimited were these:

1995 & 1999

I can't remember what the monthly cost was back then (2003) but $10 rings a bell. I started just before they ended unlimited but thanks to a tip from frogkopf about just adding it to your library and then downloading later, I stockpiled lots.  
    Thanks to all of you who made lists back then because they certainly got the exploration started.
  •  
    Roland Kuit - The Seed of BACH
  • edited October 2017

• edited October 2017

Enrico Coniglio and Matteo Uggeri - Open to the Sea

New release in July, $0.99 at emusic at the moment and well worth it!

Sweet and minimal melodies on piano, organ and guitar of Enrico meet the efforts on trumpet and drums by Matteo, whose electronics treatment and delicate beats provide the solid ground to a music that seems a perfect match, unusual and at times brilliant, of the two artists’ sensibility. 

Indeed!

• Busy Day on the road the following played

The National - Sleep Well Beast

Mr Jukes - God First

Ghostpoet = Dark Days & Canapés

Stornaway -Bonxie

• Comfort Me
    "New" Vinyl.
  • edited October 2017
    Johnny Dowd

2002 & 2004

2006 & 2008
    http://www.johnnydowd.com

Ps. I couldn't find A Drunkard's Masterpiece CD right now so I'll move up to

I forgot about my broken hard drive, there could be a few on it.

• djh said:
    PaulR said:
    Seems interesting but appears to be long gone?
    That would be a shame. Though it looks as if the download file is still there, and link is possible to find, using the wayback machine, but....
  • Frank Lowe - The Flam
  • edited October 2017
    Well, I had to stop halfway through Cruel Words last night and look for that CD when I realized I probably got it at Emusic. Sure enough, lucky for me it was in My Music in it's entirety and I was able to download it again. By then it was too late, so it's back to Cruel Words, A Drunkards Masterpiece and No Regrets.
    Man, I'm forgetting more & more everyday. Have I mentioned Johnny Dowd lately?

Ps. I was sure I had that CD.
  • Well, unfortunately no Do The Gargon is in My Music at Emusic. A little extra motivation to get that broken hard drive fixed, however it can't get any worse if I wait just a little longer, when I really, really need it.

(2008) A free download from Emusic?  Not a favourite as I recall, something about the sound. 
    &  (2015) with Willie B on drums

• edited October 2017
    Fresh from Editions Mego:
    Taken from the album 'Modern Methods For Ancient Ritual'
    Release date: 15 December 2017
    Taken from the album 'Buy Corals Online'
    Release date: 1 December 2017
  • Johnny Dowd in Hellwood - Vocals, Guitar

with Jim White - Vocals, Keyboards, Guitar, Banjo, Bass, Trombone, Flute [Bamboo Flute], Mandolin, Percussion, Melodica, Recorder
    & Willie B - Drums, Pedalboard [Bass], Guitar, Marimba, Percussion, Keyboards, Organ, Bass, Vocals
  • Jim White

Soundtrack (2005) with Johnny Dowd, 16 Horsepower, Cat Power, Handsome Family
    & The Mysterious Tale Of How I Shouted Wrong-Eyed Jesus (1997)
  • Related image

New release today. Great if you liked the last few albums (including Raising Sand with Alison Krauss)
  • Talibam! - Hard Vibe
  • Brian Ferry - In Your Mind

Paul Bley Trio - Closer
  •  
    No Such Place (2001) & Drill A Hole In That Substrate And Tell Me What You See (2004)
  • edited October 2017

2007 & 2008

• edited October 2017
      Tetractys    

• edited October 2017
    Joe Henry

1990 & 1993

• Product Details
    Deluxe LP version