What are you listening to right now? (16 Banners United)

Comments

•  

Jason Morphew from 1997 & 2001
  • edited October 2017

Leyland Kirby - We, so tired of all the darkness in our lives

•  
    From New World Records 80793-2 Lisa Mezzacappa: Glorious Ravage
    Release date: 2 October 2017
  • Lowlife - I had a similar comment a few years ago. I ended up having to dust the lot to prove they were not just a dust trap. I've now got rid of the towers, but only because we put some shelves in the study where they could all go, much better than the towers as they do not collect dust in the same way!

Now playing a favourite of mine - Amy Winehouse at the BBC
  • Excellent Greg, it is time to open the debate to all on here, towers or shelves! 

Just found another great album

Mouth Music - Shorelife
  • ^^^^^ Was listening to that Leyland Kirby in the car on the way in; it has the same cover image as We Drink to Forget the Coming Storm. Great stuff

np; John Lennon - Walls and Bridges

My main cd tower had to end up in the basement.
  • The Ultimate Santana
  • Sarah Vaughan - At Mister Kelly's
  • Bill Callahan - The River
  • 魂コントローラ by Soul コントローラ Enterprises™

[Soul Controller by Soul Controller Enterprises]
  • The Doobie Brothers - Minute by Minute
  • Optimo Music Sampler 2016

Not sure where or how I found this (someone here?) but it's a really nice dance/electronic sampler- nyop: https://optimomusic.bandcamp.com/album/optimo-music-sampler-2016
  • Image result for welcome wagon light up the stairs

Welcome Wagon - Light up the Stairs 
  • Frank Lowe - Black Beings
  • edited October 2017
    Shelves. But kind of tower shelves designed for CDs. I have a gaggle of Gnedbys: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/50277147/
    My CDs get regular use despite the MP3 collection because I listen to my favorite things/things I want at higher fidelity on CD in the evenings.

NP John Abercrombie - Class Trip
  • edited October 2017
    Eleanor Friedberger - Last Summer

I have a gnedby! Or something very like it; its green, which doesn't seem to be an option anymore.

My cds get the most use in the car. Even though both cars have aux plugs for phones I still prefer cds for the car.
  • Liars - Drum's Not Dead
  • edited October 2017
     httpsi1sndcdncomavatars-000075051516-v3sqq0-t500x500jpg 
    Phillip Bimstein - Cats in the Kitchen

"Cats in the Kitchen was originally scored for flute, oboe, meows, purrs, cracked eggs, sliced onions, buttered toast, sizzling skillets, spoons, knives, pepper grinder, toaster oven, pots, pans, draining dishwater, and pretty much everything else in the kitchen "sync." The sound score also features feline duets and trios, cat food crunches, waterdrums, and my partner Charlotte Bell speaking to her beloved cat, Fiona McGee, who sadly passed on shortly after this piece was composed. The flute and oboe playfully dance and weave with the sounds and each other, sometimes in imitation or dialogue with the cats, and at other times cooking up their own fanciful filigree.

Cats in the Kitchen was commissioned for oboist Michele Fiala and flutist Heidi Pintner by Western Kentucky University, through its Provost’s Initiatives for Excellence Fund and the Potter College of Arts and Letters. Their recording was released on Michele Fiala's MSR Classics CD as MS1217 - "The Light Wraps You: New Music for Oboe." It has also been recorded on tuba and euphonium by SymbiosisDuo and released on GAR Music as GAR001."

• Another Jason

Jason Molina - Pyramid Electric Co & Let Me Go, Let Me Go, Let Me Go (2004 & 2006)
  • Well, I hear that 2006 was a pretty depressing year but I still really enjoy listening to his voice, the great guitar work is just a bonus.
    One more with an extra bonus.

Sticker on shrink wrap with following text:
    Molina and Johnson
    Jason Molina (Songs: Ohia, Magnolia Electric Co.) & Will Johnson (Centro-Matic, South San Gabriel)
    Two kindred songwriters cross paths unexpectedly one winter, gather a few friends, and commit the moment to tape.
    (2009)
  • Well, time for a noisier  Jason...&...friends

Jason Kahn / Asher - Planes (2009).............Jason Kahn / Jon Mueller - Phase (2010)

Jason Kahn / Günter Müller / Christian Wolfarth - Limmat (2010)
    Casey Anderson / Jason Kahn / Norbert Möslang / Günter Müller / Mark Trayle - Five Lines (2014)

BTW the dates are the original release dates according to Discogs and certainly not all when I first heard them. I'm still checking each album as I add it to the iTunes to change the genre, date, art & whatnot. The genre can be somewhat confusing and I'm taking liberties with the year because I like to relate it to others of the same times.

Ps. Oops, I posted this in the wrong thread.
  • Round About Midnight

I play CDs most often in my wife's car - less easy to put them in in my car (In glove box) and I have a full iPod link. I sometime splay CDs at home, but not that often.
  • edited October 2017
    Well, I have a new picture & it looks just like me.

Jai Uttal - Footprints (1990) & Thunder Love (2008)

That Footprints album is still a terrific listen for me, Thunder Love not so much.

•  

Jana Winderen - Submerged & Energy Field (I made it big on purpose)

•  

Jacob Kirkegaard - Eldfjall Live At Observatori Festival, Valencia, 6th November 2005,
    Labyrinthitis, 4 Rooms & Conversion