Soundcloud, Bandcamp - New / Upcoming Releases, Announcements etc.

Comments

• edited February 2018

released through Sonic Pieces on Mar 23, 2018
  • This is due out March 30 but is streaming on Bandcamp now

• edited February 2018

Album release date: 16 March 2018

• Can't wait for that Noto album. Sounds great! Thanks for posting.
  • edited February 2018
    Can't wait for that Noto album. Sounds great! Thanks for posting.
    #metoo :)

"The Blending of Ancient Souls from China and Syria"

• Track from new EP "Apokalypse Berlin", digital release, out on March 16th.

• What have we here? John L. Nelson was Prince's dad...His jazz tunes played by an all-star ensemble led by Louis Hayes 
  •  
    Scott Miller: Raba, performed by Estonian based Ensemble U:
    from Raba, releasing on 3/16/2018
  • edited March 2018

"Siberian band NYTT LAND presents its new epic musical canvas. Working with the same unchanging 4 band-members, the musicians continue to revive the true magical sound of the Ancient North.
    Oðal is inspired by the traditional music of the indigenous peoples of Siberia, the Old Icelandic epic and the atmosphere of classic Norwegian black metal. . ."

Out 26th March 2018

• Release date: March 30th, 2018
    Excellent !

• Yet another in the Spiritual Jazz series...Scheduled for today, though not up yet. Bandcamp album of the day

Also on Jazzman: Nat Birchall is back, and he's got a harmonium:

• edited October 2019
     Doofy said:

Very cheap for Europeans on Emusic.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________
    From the Raba album, mentioned upthread. (can't wait !):

Released by: New Focus Recordings
    Release date: 15 March 2018
  • Doofy said:

Yet another in the Spiritual Jazz series...Scheduled for today, though not up yet. Bandcamp album of the day

Great news @Doofy, I was begining to think that the SJ series had finished and here is a "part 1" teaser. Hopefully it will make a nice companion piece with.
    httpsd2htg16wag384pcloudfrontneteMusicrestcataloggetReleaseCoverreleaseId142995980width400
  • @Brighternow I am not even going to try to figure out why your link works (many thanks) but a search via Jazzman or Nat Birchall turns up nothing. Sweet mystery of life that is Emusic!
  • edited March 2018
    djh said:
    @Brighternow I am not even going to try to figure out why your link works (many thanks) but a search via Jazzman or Nat Birchall turns up nothing. Sweet mystery of life that is Emusic!
    - Glad I can be of service - Yes, Emusic works in mysterious ways o:)
    ______________________________________________________________________________________

Jay !, wow ! and all the rest of it:
    httpsf4bcbitscomimga2859044023_14jpg
    releases March 23, 2018
    .Mute / 12MUTE569
    Ben Frost
    ’s spring cleaning uncovers more material from the wings of last year’s The Centre Cannot Hold sessions with Steve Albini. In this episode of A Touch of Frost, our hero’s angry, manly cinematronica is assisted by remixes from Carsten Nicolai’s dominion of DSP Alva Noto as well as Albini himself.
  • @djh Spiritual Jazz 8 is still listed as 'pre-order,' and at least on Bandcamp no link for digital DL - As if only available through LP or CD purchase? 
  • Doofy said:
    @djh Spiritual Jazz 8 is still listed as 'pre-order,' and at least on Bandcamp no link for digital DL - As if only available through LP or CD purchase? 
    If you hang on a few days I’m sure the d/l will become available maybe when vol 2 goes on sale at the end of the week. I know only too well the anarchy that goes on behind release dates from my day job ;-)
  • edited February 2019
    "A peaceful cosmos"

Release Date: Jun 22, 2018 -  JAC @ Emusers

Edit: Hmmmm ? - not on Innova afterall . . .
    https://janeantoniacornish.bandcamp.com/album/into-silence

• Release date: 6 April 2018

And counting the hours (well, almost):

RELEASE DATE: MARCH 16TH, 2018

• New from Numero - Chicago slide blues

• Kink Gong - Dian Long 2xLP
    Release date: 23 March 2018

• This seems like it could be quite a thing - Out this week. Bandcamp Daily link
  • edited March 2018

Out May 4th, 2018
    Boli Group is a new ensemble spearheaded by Copenhagen based composer and producer Asger Hartvig. Responsible for some of the most fearless and intriguing works to come from the city in recent years, Hartvig is as imposing as he is mysterious, and his debut release for Posh Isolation makes no concessions. . .

• Release date: 23 April 2018 on Cold Spring

• from the "Zephyr" LP
    Not Not Fun / 2018 - STREET DATE: MAY 4

• Release date: 25 May 2018
  •  
    releases May 25, 2018 on New Amsterdam
     The Hands Free is an acoustic quartet comprised of James Moore (guitar/banjo), Caroline Shaw (violin), Nathan Koci (accordion) and Eleonore Oppenheim (bass). Our music is inspired by French poetry, line drawings, and skipping records.