What are you listening to right now? (17 Seconds of Cicadas)

Comments

• edited August 2019

James Bernard - s901 microcassette ambient works volume 1
    released August 24, 2019

The Summoner
  • edited August 2019
    Bing Satellites:

New artist to me. I guess this is what prolific looks like (186 releases). These three were rather enjoyable.
  • Came off the ski slopes at Falls Creek for morning coffee and they were playing “She’s Not There” by The Zombies. Sun, snow and The Zombies - can’t get any better than that!
  • Giulio Aldinucci

2011                 Boule À Neige    (archive.org)        2014                 Aer  (nyop)

2017               Borders And Ruins                         2018           Disappearing In A Mirror
    (Emusic)
  • edited August 2019
    Tapestry VINYL

It's good to be back! Our house was hit by lightning in April, lots of damage but just about still habitable over the summer. The insurance company take their time, so we moved out a couple of weeks ago to a temporary home for a few months. The problem is that it takes around seven working days to move broadband in the UK. Without it you realise how much you rely on it. We know that when we move back it will happen again.  It takes about thirty seconds to switch it, but one company has a monopoly of the routing in most of the UK, so if you do not use them as your internet service provider you get punished by an automatic delay!
  • Well, it's taken almost 2 years to get back around to Galun again. I've added Smithers & Solitude since 
    then and the others really do deserve another listen. Thanks again!!
    Galun

2011                     Meltwith Myvoice - EP               2012     & Ilia Belorukov - Somnolence

2013                        Smithers                                2014                Solitude

2017                          Winter       (Emusic)
  • Saw the film Blinded by the Night, and have been on a Springsteen binge since

Very hot day and sitting in the garden listening to the Western Skies album, pure bliss

• edited August 2019

• edited August 2019

Gamelan Voices - Pertiwi

Gong Ear, Release Date: 2017-03-31

- Fits nicely into @confused 's G theme . . . me thinks.
  • ^^ Thanks, I got the Emusic release. I'll save it till I can afford I on payday.
    Gown (Andrew MacGregor)

2008                        For The Maples
                       with Sunburned Hand Of The Man

2008                    Preserved & Shared 

2008         Bark Haze (Andrew MacGregorThurston Moore)
                                         - One For Merz
  • Lowlife - I've bought the sondtrack CD but have still to see the film. I 'm sure it is worth seeing, though! You can tell I am a Springsteen completist  as there is one track I haven't got and a couple of live versiosn I still aven't got either!!

Number One Paki Film
  • Graveyards

2008                            Graveyards

2008                            Cinders
  • All sounds are composed from a NASA Atlas V recording.

The Atlas V family, which includes the flight-proven Atlas V 400 and 500 series, are the latest evolutionary versions of the Atlas launch system. Atlas V uses a standard common core booster™ (CCB), up to five strap-on solid rocket boosters (SRB), an upper-stage Centaur in either the Single-Engine Centaur (SEC) or the Dual-Engine Centaur (DEC) configuration, and one of several payload fairings (PLF). A three-digit (XYZ) naming convention is used for the Atlas V 400 and 500 series.

This recording is to celebrate one year NASA’s mission OSIRIS-REx.

The OSIRIS-REx was launched on 8 September 2016. It has been traveling for more than a billion kilometers though space to grab a sample of dust from the asteroid 101955 Bennu. On board a chip containing art from Earth. NASA is hoping to find the origins of this universe in these molecules. The OSIRIS-REx will take the sample and send it to Earth in 2021. The chip containing art will stay on the probe. On this chip works of sound art and sound research of the composer-sonologist Roland Kuit. The OSIRIS-REx will stay in space as a time & art capsule. This work is a journey and an ode to the rocket Atlas V.

Atlas V Ripples in SPACE – Roland Emile Kuit, 2017

Used sounds from NASA Soundcloud under Ceative Commons-Licencee:
    Rocket Engine Sounds: Atlas V Launch
    Apollo 11: We Have a Lift-Off

Roland Kuit - Kyma, Field recording

• Van Morrison - Born to Sing: No Plan B
  • Erykah Badu - New Amerykah Part One (4th World War)
  • edited August 2019
    httpsf4bcbitscomimga1653749368_14jpg
    Recommended to everyone with a soft spot for extremely weird vocals, such as Jaap Blonk and David Moss . . .
  • Related image

Love this album, been years since I listened to it.

• Streaming/NYOP at Bandcamp
  • Grebenstein

2014                   Grebenstein EP                               2016   Strong Proud Stupid and Superior

2019        &  Seefried - Raging Tender
  • edited August 2019
    Live at Haight Levels Vol 1

This was one of the last things I bought from eMusic - still available. There is a Vol 2 at Amazon, same label, but eMusic did not carry it! This was released in January, with Vol 2 out inMarch. I'm enjoying it so far. Good live jazz with an African/Latin element to it.
  • edited August 2019

httpsi1sndcdncomartworks-000588926714-rnyjin-t500x500jpg 

The Danish Golden Age Pieces are commissioned by the National Gallery of Denmark for the exhibition: Danish Golden Age – World-class art between disasters, 24 August - 8 December 2019.

World premiere live recording from National Gallery of Denmark, August 23, 2019, performed by Josefine Opsahl, cello and Ejnar Kanding, piano.

It consists of three core pieces written with inspiration from three chosen paintings and two intermezzi inspired by a single painting.

It is about the sensual, delicate and bodily intimate. . . .

• Djaliya feat Franois Verly

This album, along with many others, reminds me how good eMusic was in developing my musical tastes. I'd have never purchased this as a CD, or probably even downloaded it from Amazon or iTunes. Yet eMuisc helped me develop my listening habits by making such music accessible at a price I was happy to pay. I'm not sure that services such as Spotify will encourage me in the  same way.
  • edited August 2019
    httpsf4bcbitscomimga2030000968_14jpg
    OST Kalinga Utkal - Dos Estatuas Se Abrazn y Lloran
    Original Soundtrack to the film KALINGA UTKAL
    (Various Argentinian Experimental Projects)
    released December 4, 2017

This is a digital album co-released with the Córdoba, Argentina label Sonido Atmosférico Ediciones.
  • Thanks for the link to the "Power Moves Library."
    Some nice stuff there!
This discussion has been closed.