What are you listening to right now? (18 Musicians)

Comments

• You would think there'd be a run on soap.
  • edited March 2020
    ^^ that would make sense . . .
    There is also a run on hand rubbing alcohol and face masks . . . though.

httpsf4bcbitscomimga2962494852_14jpg
    Michel Banabila - Always There
    released March 13, 2020
  • Again... you would think there’d be a run on soap.
  • edited March 2020
    Born to Run

It's good to be back. We moved back home ten days ago, after seven months away whilst some insurance work was going on after a lightning strike in April last year. Inevitably there is a delay in broadband being returned - it is now back now. It is amazing how much you miss it, when twenty or so years ago it wasn't there.

Be cautious everyone, keep well. In a month or two you won't regret missing a few events.

Totally agree GP. We are due to go to Jordan and Petra in two weeks. We are hoping it will be cancelled, otherwise we'll loose a lot by not going if the tour still runs. But given my age, nearly 70, it will be best to stay at home
  • edited March 2020
    confused said:
    Well, these new additions to my library since the last go around may take a while to get through.
    Pauline Oliveros

Reverberations: Tape & Electronic Music 1961-70  
    Well, I've just made it through all 12 discs and it's been a real treat. It conjured up visions of my youth and my sister (the oldest) the accordion player in our household...long gone but never forgotten. I saw myself sitting in a chair in front of my oldest brother's Zenith Console Short Wave Radio that my Dad rebuilt for him, spinning the dial around picking up all sorts of frequencies and noises, just having a ball!   Plus, it was great to hear some pieces in their entirety where previously I'd only heard selected tracks on other albums. I also found my new favourite track title "The Day I Disconnected the Erase Head and Forgot to Reconnect It"

Ps- re: Toiletpaper, I also don't get it. I also don't know why people would bump elbows after we've been advised to cough and sneeze into it. I'm with rostasi- don't forget the soap!
  • edited March 2020
    ETA - more fun than a random selection that seems never to have been purchased on bandcamp has any right to be.
  • The Bevis Frond - The Leaving of London
  • edited March 2020
    httpsf4bcbitscomimga1519823162_14jpg
    Richard Youngs - anthology of experimental music - volume 2
    released March 14, 2020
    Richard Youngs has made over 100 records, and performed throughout Europe, in America, New Zealand, Russia and Scandinavia.
    He has collaborated with numerous musicians including AMOR (Scotland/Norway), Tony Bevan (England/Scotland), Neil Campbell (England), Chris Corsano (US), Alastair Galbraith (New Zealand), Jandek (US), Makoto Kawabata (Japan), Damon Krukowski (US), Donald WG Lindsay (Scotland/Ascension Island), David Maranha (Portugal), Chie Mukai (Japan), Frans de Waard (Netherlands).
    He has been commissioned by Ilan Volkov to write an orchestral work for the BBC SSO - Past Fragments of Distant Confrontation (2014) - and is the recipient of Creative Scotland funding to write and stage a choral work - Experiment for Demolished Structures (2015).
    He has worked in collaboration across the arts providing music for Luke Fowler’s film ‘The Poor Stockinger, the Luddite Cropper and the deluded followers of Joanna Southcott’, and Fabio Quaranta’s show at Milan Fashion Week 2020. He has worked with the dance group the Action Men, and provided music for stage.
    He continues to perform and record extensively.
    Microstoria is a side project of Oval's Markus Popp and Jan St. Werner of Mouse on Mars. Combining Oval's fetish for CD scarification with MoM's odd instrumentation and breezy, subtlely inchoate arrangements, the pair's combined efforts come off much as one might expect. The group debuted with a pair of albums on the German Mille Plateaux label falling somewhere between the more engaging techno-exotica of St. Werner's main focus and the sometimes gruelling abstraction of Popp's. Both releases were reissued by Stateside post-rock imprint Thrill Jockey (Tortoise, Rome, Trans Am), which also released the remix effort Reprovisers in 1997.

• Paul Barrere

1983                On My Own Two Feet                     2001        Paul Barrere & Fred Tackett 
                                                                                                    - Live From North Cafe

2013                                         Paul Barrere and Fred Tackett Acoustic Duo  2012-03-31 - New York, NY
     plus lots of other shows at archive.org
  • Paul Reddick

2001          Paul Reddick + The Sidemen               2008                    SugarBird
                                 - Rattlebag 
  • edited March 2020

releases March 17, 2020
  • httpsi1sndcdncomartworks-D2zHKhaMv2NWKomh-Z8Dqww-t500x500jpg
    COLD SPRING - 23 THEMES 4 GENESIS BREYER P-ORRIDGE
    R.I.P. Genesis Breyer P-Orridge. We first spoke and wrote to each other in 1986, in 1987 giving me a PSYCHIC TV track to use on the first Cold Spring cassette, and kickstarting a journey for me for the next 30+ years, including many, many albums with Gen and he/r projects over the years. Irreplaceable, this world is emptier.
    Justin Mitchell | EDEN 222.

• Another Paul...but no more Paula :)
    Paul Pena

Recorded 1973           New Train
  • Paul Simon

1971                     Paul Simon                             1973         There Goes Rhymin' Simon

1975        Still Crazy After All These Years           1980                 One-Trick Pony
  • Kevin Drumm Brent Gutzeit - Good Times
    released March 15, 2020
  • Paul Simon

1983                 Hearts And Bones                       1986                     Graceland

1990           The Rhythm Of The Saints
  •  
    Cenk Ergün & Alvin Curran - The Art Of The Fluke
    released May 1, 2007
  • Another old fart...
    Paul McCartney

1973                  Band On The Run                       2007                 Memory Almost Full
  • Paul David

1996                      Thresher
  •  
    We devote every effort to offer you the best that you deserve
     to have for your enjoyment
    Bhob Rainey - soprano saxophone
    Greg Kelley - trumpet
  • Paul Weller

2002                    Illumination                               2005                   As Is Now
  • Paul James Band

1984                   Almost Crazy
  • Paul Metzger

Live at WFMU on Bethany's Show on 10/2/2005 archive.org
    The banjo like you've never heard it before. Sometimes Metzger's "modified" banjo recalls a flute playing Carnatic ragas, then takes turns towards Derek Bailey-style textural elements in long, meditative pieces that build like one long single phrase. Paul drops in to the WFMU studios on a tour that brings him to the east coast from his residence in Minnesota.

2008                Gedanken Splitter                        2009               Anamnestic Tincture
    Emusic
  • Staubgold news:
    httpsf4bcbitscomimga3721849763_14jpg httpsf4bcbitscomimga2298129403_14jpg
    First-ever reissue of Vivien Goldman’s legendary „Launderette“ 7“, produced with Adrian Sherwood and Public Image Limited’s John Lydon and Keith Levene in 1981. A strictly limited one-off pressing of 500 copies worldwide. . .
    First 7“ release with two exclusive tracks by newcomers Johnny Tramuntana from Perpignan (France). Limited one-off pressing of which only 100 copies are available from Staubgold/Cougouyou Music.
    Children of the infamous Perpignan Garage Rock’n’Roll movement, Johnny Tramuntana add Surf and French Pop to their striking formula to make their listeners smile and dance.

• Paul Schütze

2018                The Sky Torn Apart
  • Paul Desmond

1962      Paul Desmond & Gerry Mulligan             1969          From The Hot Afternoon
                            - Two Of A Mind
This discussion has been closed.