What are you listening to right now? (18 Musicians)

Comments

• Things all went a bit Mojo for a while

Delaney & Bonnie Accept No Substitue & Home -
    Still a bit freaked out that the latter was released on Stax.

Anyway got things back on the right track with
    Naturally none of the tracks has any Space Race SF context,
    well maybe Magic Is The Moonlight ;-)

• Laura Marling - Song for Our Daughter

Rather good
  • Purl & Deflektion

2012                       Growing                                 2013                      Rest In You
    Bandcamp
  • edited April 2020
    AI Variation.
    @rolandkuit - Kyma

All sounds are composed from a NASA Atlas V recording.

The Atlas V family, which includes the flight-proven Atlas V 400 and 500 series, are the latest evolutionary versions of the Atlas launch system. Atlas V uses a standard common core booster™ (CCB), up to five strap-on solid rocket boosters (SRB), an upper-stage Centaur in either the Single-Engine Centaur (SEC) or the Dual-Engine Centaur (DEC) configuration, and one of several payload fairings (PLF). A three-digit (XYZ) naming convention is used for the Atlas V 400 and 500 series.

This recording is to celebrate one year NASA’s mission OSIRIS-REx.

The OSIRIS-REx was launched on 8 September 2016. It has been traveling for more than a billion kilometers though space to grab a sample of dust from the asteroid 101955 Bennu. On board a chip containing art from Earth. NASA is hoping to find the origins of this universe in these molecules. The OSIRIS-REx will take the sample and send it to Earth in 2021. The chip containing art will stay on the probe. On this chip works of sound art and sound research of the composer-sonologist Roland Kuit. The OSIRIS-REx will stay in space as a time & art capsule. This work is a journey and an ode to the rocket Atlas V.

Atlas V Ripples in SPACE – Roland Emile Kuit, 2017

Used sounds from NASA Soundcloud under Ceative Commons-Licencee:
    Rocket Engine Sounds: Atlas V Launch
    Apollo 11: We Have a Lift-Off

Roland Kuit - Kyma, Field recording

• Porter Ricks

1996                    Biokinetics
  • Plan_B (Darko VrabacMarco Zaffarano)

2001                     Infekt / Void                            2001                Yeah...! / Impulz

2002                 Re-Take / Playback
  • Lowlife - hope the Jane Eyre was good, as we are watching it tonight.

We've been gardening a lot in the good weather, with a summertime feel. So I've been playing a playlist of summery songs that I compiled a year ago for a summer BBQ.  Our garden will be tidier this year than ever, and hopefully I'll have more fruit and vegetables than ever before with the amount of seeds I've planted!
  • We can only dream about gardening right now as there is still about 30cm of snow on the ground and currently -10C with light snow falling. I can only tend my indoor plants right now.
    Plan B

2002                 Like A Ship Sailing                     2006     I'm The Captain, Where We Going?
  • Time for 1 more before we head out.
    Plan B  (Joe McPheeJames KeepnewsDavid Berger)

2018                      From Outer Space
    Emusic
  • Grateful Dead Releases June 1976 Box Set

June 11, 1976

• Ah you gardeners - try gardening in a second floor flat :-) Still with my back and knees I'd have to be telling my wife what to do (and good luck with that one!) In the meantime::

The recording of him playing over a 78 of In a Little Spanish Town on The Doctor is In... and Out... has just floored me once again.

• edited April 2020
    Well, there'll be no baked bread this Easter, so store bought dinner rolls will do in a pinch. We're just happy that we are healthy and we wish the same for all of you.
    From For Tune on Emusic...
    Piotr Damasiewicz Project                                    Piotr Damasiewicz Quartet

2013                    Imprographic 1                        2014                    Mnemotaksja

2013                   Power Of The Horns 
          (Adam PindurDominik WaniaGabriel Ferrandini
        Jakub MielcarekMaciej ObaraMarek Pospieszalski
       Max MuchaPaweł NiewiadomskiPiotr Damasiewicz
                 Tomas SanchezWojciech Romanowski
                                    - Alaman

Ps I just wanted to mention that I really enjoyed all of the albums but the 
    Power Of The Horns was Terrific!
  • edited April 2020
    Praxis

1984                         1984                                   2001                   Warszawa

2006                       Zurich
    Emusic

Ps- I forgot I had the sound turned up full blast to listen to rostasi's owls.
       Boy, didn't that shake the house!
  • Prince

1982                          1999                                    2004                    Musicology

2006                       3121 
  • Pink Floyd

1973             The Dark Side Of The Moon             1979                    The Wall
  • Present

1993                 C.O.D. Performance 
  • edited April 2020

Cuneiform Records Celebrates the 50th Anniversary of "Easter", The First Composition that Composer/ Keyboardist/ Electronic Music Pioneer David Borden Created for Moog Synthesizer, and The World's First Live Performance With a Mini-Moog, with a Free Stream of "Easter", as Recorded by Mother Mallard's Portable Masterpiece Company and Released by Cuneiform on 1970-1973

Fifty years ago, on Easter weekend 1970, David Borden composed "Easter", his first tonal pulse-piece for the Moog synthesizer. Working throughout the night at Bob Moog's Trumansburg studio during Easter weekend, he completed the multi-layered piece at 4am. Two weeks later, Borden and fellow Mother Mallard member Steve Drews performed "Easter" at Cornell University's Willard Straight Theater.

The April 1970 performance of "Easter" was the first-ever live public performance using a MiniMoog.

In a couple months, Mother Mallard again used Moog's prototype to perform "Easter" in New York City's Trinity Church - the June 1970 concert marked the debut of the MiniMoog in New York. Mother Mallard would perform Easter again the following year, on Easter Sunday 1971, at Cornell University's Sage Chapel.

"Easter", born in the Spring of 1970, heralds the Dawn of the Age of Electronic Music, both technically and symbolically. This David Borden work marks the debut of compositions created for, and works performed on the legendary MiniMoog.

Cuneiform is thus providing this stream of "Easter" in April 2020, to celebrate the first live performance of Easter using the MiniMoog equipment by the world's first all-synthesizer ensemble, Mother Mallard’s Portable Masterpiece Co., founded by David Borden with Steve Drews.

ETA:
    (59 minutes, 8 tracks playlist link)
  • Well, we're just back from delivering 20 boxed brunches for family & friends. We made sure to keep our distances but it was great to actually see that everyone was doing fine and a chance for a short visit.
    The Pretenders

1980                       Pretenders                            1981                     Pretenders II

1986                      Get Close                              2002                     Loose Screw
  • httpsf4bcbitscomimga2657478662_14jpg
    released April 10, 2020
  • Even these Presidents have done a better job!
    The Presidents Of The United States Of America

1996                          II
  • edited April 2020
    ^^ :)
    RUMPISTOL | On The Way To Ozora 2020 | 04/04/2020

• The Promise Ring

1996                    30° Everywhere
  • I couldn't make the Ps last till the 20th.
    Puzzlefish

1994                   4:20
  • Public Enemy

2002                 Revolverlution                            2007     How You Sell Soul To A Soulless People
                                                                                                         Who Sold Their Soul???
  • Quicksilver Messenger Service/Quicksilver

1969                     Happy Trails                             1969                   Shady Grove    archive.org

2010                       The Hermit
  • - ^^ I've been a fan for 50 years  . . . Cipolina's space guitar is still as unique as it was way back when.

httpsf4bcbitscomimga2838780006_14jpg
    Iwo Zaluski with The Children From Park Lane Primary School Wembley
    Trunk Records, March 25, 2020

• NYOP today only on Bandcamp, reminded what an amazing album this is.
This discussion has been closed.