Well that may be the end of eMu for me.

Comments

• Its catch up month for me, quite a few back catalogue downloads to be had, Sept is the month when the good new stuff comes out
  • edited August 2016
    Again with the Booster sale. If only it weren't that artists/labels are (probably) getting shorted on these "promo" rates.

That Bill Evans Resonance set has shown up  over there.

• Well, once again emusic is tempting me with the double booster sale.....they won.....again. But it's pretty hard to resist, especially since I downgraded to the  Emusic Lite program. 25 cents/track is well appreciated here. It seems each month end they need to raise  funds, so I'm happy to help them out as well.  And...as a bonus, they don't expire till the day before my birthday in December.

Ps- as I was checking my account, even though it showed I was on the Lite Program, it also stated that my account would convert back to the $31.99 Fan account on Sept 22. It wasn't till I clicked on the show me more plans button, that I found the small print Click here if you want to stay on emusic lite, or something like that option. I didn't realize that when I downgraded before Aug 22 that was only for 30 days. 
    At any rate, now to get further behind.
  • I checked my account yesterday and found that the booster sale is still there. I was sorely tempted but had to "stand away from the pc" as I had some real life stuff to do. Still feeling the twitch this morning but now I can't even get on the site. It does seem to suffer from 'proxy error 502' an awful lot.
  • From new eMu user survey. Also questions about owning vs streaming, of course

• Hi Doofy,

Could you put in the link for this, could not see this on the site. Thanks
  • Thanks BN, very interesting survey
  • Yes I got an email about it this morning, as Doofy says some interesting questions showing the directions they are considering. No surprises given their ownership and the fact that 7 Digital provides their downloads. What I wasn't asked about was would I be prepared to pay more for any of these services, particularly FLAC downloads, which would interest me.
  • Anyone got an email today about a survey connected with the future of Emu - esp. regarding your downloads vs streaming habits, mobile application etc? I have obviously given them too much money recently. ;)
  • Ditto - I've got the survey request but haven't done it yet
  • I notice a February sale has kicked in for titles that under-performed during 2016 ;-)
  • I got that email too, but they are only available in the US at sale price, not Europe!
  • edited July 2017
    Well, that is the end of eMusic for me.

Just canceled. There will be no re-joining. It was such a tedious process trying to find anything on that site, I'm happy just not to have that monthly event hanging over me.  I mean, when "use your eMusic credit" has to get a slot on my to-do list, that means it's officially become a chore.  In particular, I'm glad to be relieved of that particular bit of despair when I'd find an album I wanted, just to discover it only has one track available.

My last purchases:  "Sun Peeking Out" by Library Tapes, who was originally an Amie St. discovery.  And then some leftover change on Western Skies Motel.  Hey, by the way, remember how their album "Settlers" just had that one track for the longest time?  Now the whole album is there.

It's been a long crazy ride, eMusic.  Thanks for everything, but glad to be done with you.

Cheers.
  • I've said many times that I'm going to do the same, Jonah but I've never quite done it, mainly because I am on such a good grandfathered deal I think I might regret it. I used to look forward to your Wondering Sounds column on new jazz releases; that way I found a lot of great music. But now it is becoming a real chore each month. Once I've spent this month's credits I am going on hold for a few months to give them time to see if they can get more jazz labels there.
  • I have sent E Music a list of albums that cannot be found even though the labels are already on E Music, I have noticed that Motema had not had many releases for 2017. Response hopefully today from the company.
  • edited July 2017
    Some recent Motema releases are found under Motema LLC label here . I assume it is the same label! I admit it is only a small handful, not all their releases. Good to see they are slowly beginning to catch up with Gondwana releases. But many other labels still missing, along with recent releases on labels already there. I thought that the new site would stop all this sort of thing, which is why I have hung in so long.
  • Thanks Greg for the heads up

• edited July 2017
    Thanks @greg...I think those are Motema's up-to-date releases. Did not realize they had that de Johnette 'Hudson' album

eta, As one who has been following the new site closely, I do wonder how this all-star project never shows up on the jazz new releases list (but 17 royalty-free "Best Jazz for Relax" albums do)
  • edited July 2017
    It is not the whole album, just one track when I looked earlier this morning. Now I have just looked again, they are all singles!!! :(
  • Full Album Unavailable at present, one track listed under Various Artist
  • They've already offered me $25 in free credit to change my mind, and I've already declined their offer.
  • New survey. Mostly asking about various streaming doo-dads again. Includes a question almost literally asking, "Why in hell are you still buying and downloading music, rather than streaming it like the cool kids do?"
  • Thanks for the reminder. I'm sure that I'll be dismissed as an old-timer crank (oldest age bracket) - own rather than stream.  One of the questions was ranking additional features - I was done at 1.
  • It wouldn't let me quit that question till I ranked everything; how to rank the smartwatch I don't have v. smart car I don't have? I only did the survey anyway cuz I thought they'd give me some free credit for it.
  • Glad to see I wasn't alone in cursing at that silly ranking question :)
  • They didn't ask me.
  • I took it anyways, even though I've just recently quit.  Figured they probably could use the feedback, and if results in some nice things for current members, so much the better.

I, like many of you, wanted only to rank one option of the new features.  Everything else after that, I just didn't give a shit about.