Well that may be the end of eMu for me.

Comments

• What they don't seem to be able to get through their heads, and as I pointed out in the survey: if I wanted to stream, I'd subscribe to Spotify. Why would I go to the trouble of uploading all my music to their cloud (with its hinky interface) just so I can use them as my streaming service?

• One more rocket fired in their direction. Just to show how amateur they are they didn't really make it difficult enough to describe them as verging on hopeless.
  • Thanks, BN. I also only ranked most of the proposed new features because I had to - I do not use any of those devices. Basically anything that is not a matter of catalog and price and ease of use for search and downloading is immediately a long way down my list.
  • I didn't get it probably because i am on a hold, but i have started to feel the same way as Doofy!
  • Same here, I only ranked them because I had to in order to finish the question.
  • Did it today, scores are really not very high. They just replied to my complaint e mail after a month ( lost the e mail that went to customer support?) No new releases in the UK today which is either worrying or just a bit sad. Its really not looking good
  • just submitted a similar "where are the new releases (again)?" question .....
  • Well its the end for me, ECM and 1631 recordings are the latest labels to go south. Very interesting reading on the E music reddit page, lots of complaints with stories of lots of missing labels. I am waiting on the new Hammock album due this Friday and then i will spend up and cancel. Its such a shame but I think that the companies days of operation seem to be over very soon.
  • edited August 2017
    https://www.emusic.com/label/517591/1631-Recordings
    66 albums the latest is from dec. 2016, (seen from my chair)
  • Thanks BN, although the album on my wish list, Cascada by Madeleine Cocolas is still full album not available, lets hope they find the switch button so this is back.

• Try getting onto emusic at the moment and all you get is
    This page isn’t working
    www.emusic.com is currently unable to handle this request.
    HTTP ERROR 503
    So either hopefully some major repair work is going on to reinstate the missing labels or is it the end???
  • They are back!
  • After mention on this site I purchased Kayber Mail by Sohail Rana. Unfortunately it won't download although I can play the album in My Music. I alerted Emusic to the fact and got a refund and an apology within 12 hours. So *ahem* credit where it's due. Pity about the lack of download though, it's a fun record - it hasn't been purged from My Music as I said they should if they had to refund me.
  • Canceled my E Music sub today, its been a bloodbath here in the UK and with very little or nothing coming out over the last two months and with labels not be updated or being lost it was time to go. A bit sad but I do have plenty of music to keep me going and there are lots of other places to get music from now.
  • I'm going to be there soon Lowlife. I have been on hold now for nearly a couple of months, hoping things might get better, but it seems to be getting worse. They obviously have no interest in developing or even sustaining their EU/UK market else something would have happened by now. Like you I have lots of music to keep me going.
  • edited September 2017
    Even though some of my all time favourite labels have vanished from Emusic, I still have the same problem as before the disaster migration:
    There's still an abundance of artists / albums that I can't find the time or credits to check out.
     A bit of a luxury problem, I'd say . . .

- So I won't "be there" anytime soon . . .
  • Even though some of my all time favourite labels have vanished from Emusic, I still have the same problem as before the disaster migration:
    There's still an abundance of artists / albums that I can't find the time or credits to check out.
     A bit of a luxury problem, I'd say . . .

- So I won't "be there" anytime soon . . .
    That's pretty much what I was going to say with the caveat that this month I bought two albums I'd already purchased "pre-crash" but I should know that even if Emu can't... oh and banging my head off the wall for not buying more ECM when I had the chance. Now they are down to 8 albums in the UK I am jonesing for countless albums of over-produced twiddling by people who should now better ;-)
  • I am determinedly trying to restrain the amount of stuff I am buying at emusic, which means resisting the siren song of boosters as much as I can...which means there is still way too much stuff on my wishlists, including a pretty large list of interesting stuff priced under $4.
  • Today I had the opportunity to do some searching through eMu and what they say I have purchased of what they have currently, and found what I thought were discrepancies to my recollection to be very real when compared to my external hard drive to which some of these usually large compilations had been exiled just for space.  I just knew I had bought that Hank Williams Country Cosmopolitan whatever collection, and it was at eMu.  There's a lot of jazz comps I have doubts about too - some are in My Music, some aren't, but they are on the hard drive.  Aside from proving I have way too much music for a normal human being, it does show that eMu's transition was less than flawless.  I'm still finding music to have and hoard, but one of these days eMu is going to become more a burden than a plus.
  • I have found several albums I purchased (like the Eccentric Soul compilation) where My Music shows I have 18 tracks, but I bought the whole thing and it's available on eMusic. Not sure why the other tracks don't show for me, but I'm not too worried about it. Nonetheless, it's a big reason why I'd never consider uploading my music and using eMu as a streaming service.
  • I've been on hold for a couple of months so haven't checked lately but I had at least ten albums, maybe more, in My Music that were incomplete and a number of albums missing that were still there on emusic. Like Muggsy I am not that worried as I don't see me using My Music a lot, although it has been useful for redownloading a few alums I bought ages ago with better sound quality replacements.
  • "Still there on emusic" doesn't mean much because distributors change and stuff gets re-added with a new distributor whom you didn't originally pay. But the missing tracks from the same album thing is more puzzling and maybe worth emailing them about.
  • Just found an interesting example of what can go wrong there - album 50 Tunes Of Horn Jazz From Venus Records.  I bought it in February, but as I scrolled through My Music I see only 24 tracks there.  Look the album up in the Store and it's Full Album Unavailable - well good thing I downloaded it, huh, since I paid for 50 tracks.  No substitute for old-fashioned ownership in my book. For all the trouble I go through to back up on hard copy and external hard drive, and the shuffling to store more GB than my desktop has room for, at least I've got these tracks and albums to keep, not dependent on the slipshod operations of some company who could disappear tomorrow.
  • Y'know, if the moderators keep ignoring that emu subreddit page, there are ways for other people to have them kicked off that subreddit and get added as moderators themselves.  Since emu basically did the reddit thing to shuttle off customer complaints somewhere else, no reason some emu customers shouldn't use that sub-reddit to have some fun.
  • Yeah, I'm dropping it today I think. In part because dealing with zip files is a bit annoying, but mostly because I often forget to use it entirely, so I'm definitely not getting my money's worth.
  • I visited the subreddit once I think and have never been back. Emusers all the way.
  • edited October 2017
    Got an email from emusic today telling me I need to log in if i want to access my music library. My music library is empty on there, so... 
  • I think this refers to your old My Music Cloud library, ie, https://www.mymusiccloud.com/ Up until a few weeks ago, old eMusic purchases could be found there. All gone now, apparently
  • eMusic is temporarily offline as we do some essential work on the site. Be right back!
    Please check-in again with us shortly, or visit blog.emusic.com for updates.
    (nothing at the blog)
  • Well, that explains why they suddenly disappeared this evening. I wonder how long temporary is.

still (nothing at the blog)