7 Digital Sale

Comments

• i'll try that, thanks.
  • edited December 2010
    I had that happen once with 7Digital, sent CS an e-mail and they fixed it for me. I've also had good customer service experiences with Amazon when I've had DL issues. The only service from which I've experienced routinely crappy CS is eMusic, but that's no longer an issue for me because I'm no longer a customer.

Daniel, I have to physically open the 7Digital download manager on my computer before the 7Digital locker will recognize it and give me the option to download my purchases through it. You might want to try that.
  • edited December 2010
    Daniel, I have to physically open the 7Digital download manager on my computer before the 7Digital locker will recognize it and give me the option to download my purchases through it. You might want to try that.

tried that, to no avail (can't even open the 7D DLM; i know it's there, but it won't open when i click the icon). i do appreciate the suggestions, tho.

now in sixth hour of efforts to download six albums.
  • I have just been getting zip files, with no probs other than slowness.
  • Yeah, I've stuck with the zip files and it works well for me. For the most part, DLMs have just worked for me (never had any significant problems with eMusic, Lala, or Amazon) but given the option to go with zips I'll skip the added software on my system.
  • So far:

Rolling Stones - Beggars Banquet
    James Brown - Hell
    James Brown - Star Time
    Maximum Balloon - S/T

Daniel may have talked my into Robyn, I'm debating about Tegan and Sara, there's the two from Erykah Badu, and then it's off to double check The Rolling Stones and James Brown again...
  • Thom: the expanded Exile is not $3.99 on Amazon (as opposed to $6.99)
  • I grabbed the regular edition last year during the $2 sale.
  • Tegan and Sara rule.
  • Waited too long. I've noticed in the past that they don't update the prices in your cart, so I added a number I was interested in and they were still $3 until this morning when it finally emptied (expired cookie, I guess). Oh well. I did pick up the Robyn album in addition to the previous round of purchases. The Singles Collection for The Rolling Stones is still $6.99, so I might get that one - just want to compare it with what I've got.
  • Well, now that it's all said and done, it was less exciting than last year's model, but still I'd offer up my best Charles Brown imitation and say, "Merry Christmas, baby, you sure did treat me nice". Rounding out the Stones collection, and a huge funkifying dose of James Brown were the high points, and the various and sundry from the $3 sale were nice, especially since most of them were UMG releases. Until next year......and on to the Amazon 1000 for $5 through January sale, and see if any of them are on my SFLs at that other place.
  • In case anyone didn't get the e-mail, they're going to launch a re-design. Here's a preview. Looks much better to me.
  • Interesting batch of new releases they've got there.
  • edited January 2011
    A few items browsed in the $5 album section, not remotely new but cheaper than "the other place"-
    Bonnie Raitt
    Led Zeppelin II
    Nothing Is Easy - Jethro Tull live at the Isle of Wight 1970 and IMO a really good show.
    Original Fleetwood Mac - the most intriguing, this is some kind of expanded edition new to me and I see, upon investigation, this is the version eMu recently added. I am a Peter Green freak so this is big for me and it looks like some of the other Blue Horizon releases on 7digital are also expanded editions, hopefully eMu as well. Experimented one track, not Fraunhofer, so I'll be back to this tonight. Thumbs way up on this release in any event. For other freaks some of these alternates may have appeared on the Showbiz Years etc. collections so I'll have to check that when it's not going to make me even later for work.
  • Well, hot damn, Blue Horizon has been busy reissuing some primo s**t - I have been searching for this grail item for years - the Complete Blue Horizon Sessions by Otis Spann, including recordings with Peter Green and other members of Fleetwood Mac. You will find the Eddie Boyd Complete Blue Horizons Sessions link on that page as well - also a hot item if you are a Peter Green fan, and Eddie was a great one in his own right, and Otis Spann is the man. Pigs in S**t are no happier than moi.
  • FWIW I noticed a couple of albums in the 7digital $5 album section that I'd seen in the new releases at eMu -
    1. Bob Marley and the Wailers - Rasta Revolution.
    2. Bill Wyman - Stuff.

Cheaper there, and as both are Sanctuary Fontana releases maybe better bitrates.

Have received the Blue Horizon CDs I referenced above and am so glad - the Eddie Boyd disc if anything is even better, most of it is Eddie backed by Peter Green, Danny Kirwin, Mick Fleetwood and John McVie. Just outstanding, and was $12 and change.
  • I'm not sure if this is a sale or not, by 7digital has many of Harmonia Mundi's "multi-disc" albums for $8.99. Currently I'm looking at Paul O'Dette's six hour Art of the Lute ( http://us.7digital.com/artists/paul-odette/the-art-of-the-lute/ ). Many Baroque operas are also well-priced.
  • Hmm...here is a 4-disc Telemann set for that price: http://us.7digital.com/artists/freiburger-barockorchester/telemann-complete-tafelmusik/. Of course there is no way to search by label.
  • Excellent snag on that lute release, thanks BT. Never really examined 7dig as a classical source. Love the Telemann too - got a 4 CD sale item of that from Amazon a couple of years ago by Musica Amphion.
  • I tend to use Amazon's search engine when I want to sort by price.
  • This Couperin Complete Harpsichord Works off your list is some kind of monster at 5+ hours/$8.99 at 7dig as well
  • Oh good, those HM boxes are cheap on ie.7digital, too! Thanks for spotting these, guys, you just saved me several euros.
  • I heard some of Lucinda Williams' Blessed being played at a store over the weekend and really liked it - it's $5 at 7dig.

AND - Car Wheels On a Gravel Road - something that I would have gotten from emu if not for the Frankenhoffer issues is also currently $5.
  • You can get Blessed on Guvera too.
  • 7dig kinda got screwed out of 2 sales from me, because Guvera ended up having James Blake and Blessed, which I probably would have gotten from them for 5 bucks otherwise.
  • I've fairly certain that Car Wheels On a Gravel Road is on Guvera too
  • It is. But that's a whole month away.
  • 0000977654_350.jpg

I had never heard of this before, but what musicians! Moreover, it's only $2.49.

From AllMusic:
    Recording again after a two-year interval, and again in front of a small live audience, Mujician offers more of its unique style of wide-ranging collective improvisation. This CD consists of three long, diffuse pieces, with one just under 30 minutes and another just over that length. On the somewhat austere and abstract title piece, Paul Dunmall displays a very tart, biting tenor, and the playing of other members is hard-edged and tightly controlled. Dunmall signals the shifting dynamic of the second piece by opening on the Chinese shenai, a nasal-sounding reed instrument, while Paul Rogers, Tony Levin and Keith Tippett all skitter percussively behind him. Tippett then takes over on a tinny prepared piano before Dunmall returns on alto sax, playing fluttery, flight-of-the-bumblebee lines mixed with occasional squawks. An early highlight of this piece is an exchange between Dunmall and drummer Levin, trading fours in a way that is both free and highly disciplined. Rogers has a long turn on bass, and then the dialogue continues in a rather thoughtful and restrained manner until the end of the piece. The final selection, "The Hands Are Just Shadows," opens with some ecstatic, Pharoah Sanders-style wailing from Dunmall, but which, typically for Mujician, doesn't escalate and sustain the energy according to free-jazz convention, but rather backs off for some gentle exchanges before another squalling flourish by Dunmall and then a quiet, lyrical finish by Tippett. With Mujician, the rule of thumb is to expect the unexpected. Their music is affirmative but never trite and it seems to embrace virtually all musical and emotional possibilities.
  • New Dengue Fever $5 - Cannibal Courtship.
  • tUnE-YaRdS!!