7 Digital Sale

Comments

• edited August 2011
    Thanks x2, Highlife Time is an automatic DL for me. I'll have to check out "Back to Peru" tambien, porque me encanta "Cumbia Beat" muy mucho.
  • I guess you can search by the Vampi Soul / The Orchard label?

This is a bit OT: I enjoy these compilations, but sometimes wish I knew where to go next.
  • On which note...Soundway recently announced 3 new releases of historic albums by artists introduced (to me, anyway) on their African comps. On Soundway, like Strut and Vampi and a few others, I'm a fan of the label and plan to check 'em out and support them. (And actually, won one of the new releases in a Twitter contest!)
  • edited August 2011
    Big Band Jazz, The Jubilee Sessions, 1943 to 1946, box set $8.99, is $25 over at Amazon (MP3 or CD).

This blues comp looks real good too - 100 Tubes Blues, a French label I'm presuming, 5+ hours, $13.99, very wide assortment and from what I've sampled sounds like the real recordings not jive re-do's or live hash. I've been listening to it's sister release Les 100 Tubes Du Jazz which is good audio quality - (oops, got one recorded from 78 type track).
    0001318883_350.jpg
  • edited August 2011
    Ferreting about at eMu I find this 4 disc set Top Hits Of The 1930s, a bit pricey at $24.96, so off to 7dig and after some considerable digging - $8.99, 172 tracks, 8+hours. The eMu page has the artists listed which is why I included it. Somebody stop me.

Bob Marley - The Complete Lee "Scratch" Perry Sessions, $8.99, 110 tracks, 5+ hours, Amazon $25.49, eMu $17.96.
  • The Robyn Hitchcock box made me think of checking this Nick Lowe set. Well worth of it for the Nick-less.
  • edited August 2011
    Don't forget Hitchcock & The Egyptians Luminous Groove - I think I got both them and the Nick Lowe back on Amie, no recollection for how much - ah, remember the good old 50% days?
  • Big D, I actually got I Wanna Go Backwards for free that crazy night when all the Yep Roc stuff was dropping. I think I wound up paying for the last few tracks because I had caught my limit of freebies.

I also checked the big Paul Weller box, but they're wise to that one...
  • edited August 2011
    It's too late for me to be sampling so until tomorrow when I can take a better look - Jazz Masters - 250 Original Greatest Hits - $8.99, 20+ hours.
    Makes that Les 100 Tubes Du Jazz I was so content with above look like a rip-off, man.
    Edit - 2.91GB, 20.1 hours, sounds OK so far. Nice selection. Took an hour to DL on the 7dig DLM.

Another 7 hours of jazz - 100 Masterpieces Art Pepper.
  • edited August 2011
    I am hunting for Latin/Latin Jazz comps, so this will be a sketchpad of sorts until some decisions get made -
    Cubanos - 100 Hits Collection *EDIT**I'm hitting this baby - haven't found any reviews but I recognize enough of the names, and it's selling for $40+ everywhere else legitimate.
    ?? Tacky cover, 7 hours - 110 Cuban Hits Vol.2. Donde esta el primero?

This one's cheaper at eMu - The Music of Cuba - Cuban Soneros Vol.1 1934-1957, and there's a Vol.2 as well.
    eMu also - Cuba Legends.
    I got this one at eMu before the cash conversion - it's cheaper at 7dig- Havana Lounge Cuban Jazz Classics.
  • OK, I think I've hit the experimental noise motherlode: Ecobag: 13 Japanese Birds in A Bag! 12 hours of Merzbow for $9!
  • Bing-freakin'-o - Ponte Duro - The Fania All Stars Story - $8.99 7dig, 4 disc box set, not MP3 at Amazon, $23.96 at eMu.
  • Ay hombre. That's the one I've been waiting for...Muchas gracias!
  • edited August 2011
    One glitch so far - the 16:28 version of Quitate Tu (was on the Live At The Cheetah Vol.1 album) cuts out at just past 9 minutes. I've been trying to get this track for a while because everywhere it's usually Album Only (Guvera only has Cheetah 2). I don't know if I'll complain - I'd hate to tip them off to an oversight.

Well, f*** me, 7dig has Cheetah 1 for $3.96, 4 tracks at $0.99 - guess I could have looked there. Maybe I'll DL Quitate Tu, and if it's bad then complain -EDIT - it's not, full 16:28.
    Cheetah 2, $5.94, 6 tracks (not sure you need Closing Theme at 2 minutes).
    Yankee Stadium II also.

So just to be totally obsessive Guvera has Cheetah 2 and this - A Band And Their Music - easier to look at on 7dig.

EDIT - When it rains, it pours - eMu has the new 40th Anniversary Our Latin Thing for $4.40 - includes both Volumes 1 & 2 of the Fania All Stars Live At The Cheetah - same Album Only tracks; has 3 bonus tracks.

EDIT 2-While we're at it these two Tito Puente releases from Fania are pretty hot deals at $4.40 for double disc sets - The Complete 78s Vol.1 and The Complete 78s Vol.2 - good news being also that as much as I've heard they don't sound like 78s. I've been looking for a good Tito compendium.
  • Same Quitate Tu problem...will probably pursue same solution. Download was s-l-o-w on this big set, and got hung up on first try. Could be an issue on some of the 7digital monster sets.
  • 6+ hours of Edith Piaf anyone? $5.99 120 Grandes Chansons - Edith Piaf.
  • The Bullet Records Story - subtitled "The First Americana Label" although it has nothing at all to do with Americana as it is currently used, it was a post-war (WW II) independent label based in Nashville. A 3 disc set going from blues to country western/swing to bluesy jazz, $9.99 here.
  • So if you start running the Fania All-Stars "Ponte Duro" collection when driving out of downtown Cleveland, it finishes about the time you get to downtown Chicago! That's in light traffic, of course.

BDB, in the course of that drive, I found two more defective tracks: #5, Kickapoo Joy Juice; and #20, Bemba Colora. I'll try re-DL'ing, will report if that doesn't work.
  • That ain't good - 3 defects is worth a CS report - they aren't the quickest to respond there but have not ultimately let me down on anything. Kikapoo is from the Live At The Red Garter Vol.2, Bemba Colora from Live At Yankee Stadium Vol.2 as alternative sources.
  • edited August 2011
    5 disc set, 5 hours - Clasicos de la Musica Cubana, $8.99. I'm no expert but I know enough of these names to be trying it.
  • @BDB - I was hoping to find that on Spotify, but found this instead: 101 - Clasicos de la Musica Tropical Columbiana. So I check on the title on 7-Dgital, and here it is for a mere $2.49. 101 tracks....just about 2 cents each. Wow.
  • edited August 2011
    That's just crazy I tell you - it's already downloading. Gracias compadre. That puppy is $29.95 at eMu. This is probably the thing I saw out of the corner of my eye while I was browsing up the Cuban collection that I meant to get back to but forgot. This label's got 624 releases ovet at eMu BTW - YOYO USA,Inc./IODA.
    Time to visit the Amazon MP3 department Advanced Search function - Label ordered by Price High To Low, 639 entries - it stops on, bingo, it's at 7dig - Bach Festival by I Virtuosi di Lugano for, you guessed it, $2.49, 5+ hours. Wow.
    Festival Vivaldi, $2.49, only 4+ hours. Some titles are coming up on artist pages but no go when link is clicked, maybe pulled or no longer there.
    Colombia Es Pasion Vol.2. WAIT! Don't do it - see below.
    La Antologica Noble De Bolero Vol.2.WAIT! Don't do it - see below.
    A little Wolfie? - Festival Mozart. WAIT! Don't do it! See below.
  • edited August 2011
    Oh hell, this label is YOYO - this over at eMu - Beethoven - Las Nueve Sinfonias, $1.94. Have to say this seems to be the exception amongst the classical - the Festival Vivaldi is the same $20something as at Amazon.
    Oops, Festival Mozart, $1.94.

Again, from above $1.94 - La Antologica Noble del Bolero Vol.2. And again - Columbia Es Pasion Vol.2.
  • Good finds, BDB, I did not think to check eMusic for Yoyo. AKAIK, you cannot search 7DIgital for labels. For $2, each, it is worth the chance on the Mozart, I'll probably get the Bloero and Columbia Passion as well. I am enjoying the 101 Clasicos del La Music Tropical Columbiana.
  • edited August 2011
    I've been using the Label search at Amazon or eMu, and then at 7dig either the Compilation + Genre then order by title, or I pick one of the artists and look in their Appears On list for the comps. The two YOYO I found but can't get an actual page to come up for that bum me out the most were Festival Baroque, and the Beethoven box - that's 14 discs I think. Unfortunately eMu has a correct price on them.
    Ugh, I've got some serious backing up to do. Such a burden.
  • "Festival Baroque" - I was hoping to find that as well. I searched on YoYo on Amazon as well.

"Ugh, I've got some serious backing up to do. Such a burden. " Good point...I use SyncToy and a TB external for my eMusic / Amazon directories.
  • edited August 2011
    I recently got paranoid enough to have two externals, swapped monthly, one at home and one kept at the office. (I am hoping the likelihood of both failing at once or my home and office burning down the same day is statistically low).
  • edited August 2011
    Hey, doofy - the CS people at 7dig acceded to my wishes to have versions of those 3 songs made available from other releases (they put them in my locker) - they got two songs wrong however - Quitate Tu is a short version from another album (I already had DL'd the long one anyhow), and Kikapoo Joy Juice, but I had that from Red Garter 2, so I guess I let it go - unfortunately also had the extra song they gave me(Congo Bongo). Maybe credit would have been a wiser suggestion. A for effort I guess.