7 Digital Sale

Comments

• The blurb from pitchfork on today's offering says: "A huge misstep, Lupe Fiasco's new LP simply sounds bad, playing against every single one of his strengths ..."

Merry Christmas?
  • edited December 2011
    There's a modest sale going on at 12k records, on their most recent half dozen releases. Not 7Digital, but a bit small for a thread of its own.
  • Laugh now, but all of you--even you, BigD--will be cruising down the highway next week, blasting "those straight from the heart songs!"
  • We've got Elbow Build a Rocket Boys! on our Advent Calendar at 7 digital for £4. I'll give it a miss today...
  • Never fear, BT, I laugh with all due perspicacity because my Bee Gees true confession is that I had to find and Download their To Love Somebody after my nephew played an acoustic version in his car from some radio broadcast done by Dave Navarro and somebody - I think they had a group briefly - that made me go "Damn - that is an excellent song". Goodness comes from many strange places.
  • edited December 2011
    Hola, amigos - Salsa, A Musical History, a 4 disc set from Fania Records, is $8.99 at 7dig. $23.95 at eMu. Aye, que sabrosa!
  • Perhaps things will heat up toward the end, they did last year.
  • Yeah, I was just checking my 7dig folder and last year outside of the initial Rolling Stones offer and then the James Brown party I didn't download any serious amounts until Dec. 24th which is not early. I see that continued for a couple of days after the holiday at least, but so far this year....scratch.
  • I'm excited about that Roots disc actually.
  • I still haven't made it through all that James Brown stuff.
  • Last year's sale may not have seemed terrible exciting compared to the previous years big sale, but at least there were catalog sales for several artists. However, the Stones' sale happened the very first day and covered more albums than what is currently on the Advent calendar. Some of the albums currently up are good, but they certainly aren't exciting enough for us to talk about them.
  • The genre diversity's not stellar either so far.
  • Very excited for that Roots disc.

Craig
  • Love that Song of the Sybil, BT. Thanks.
  • The new Amy Winehouse is $5 on the front page...

Also, the Roots album is $3.99, and the Amy Winehouse is $4.99, on amazon.
  • Ok, srsly? I think Amazon bought 7dig - today's amazon deal of the day and 7dig deal are the same thing.
  • And they are both the most overrated indie band of the last decade. I really don't get the love for Girls (the band. I get the love of actual girls).

Craig
  • Phew! I had thought my inability to "get" Girls was just me getting old. (the band, that is; my inability to get girls is mostly (now) because I'm already (happily) married.) I will admit to enjoying "Album" a bit, but mostly I don't get it.

On the whole I prefer Women to Girls. (the band. And the women.)
  • Yeah, don't get me wrong, I don't dislike them. I just don't really feel any emotion for the band, and am utterly dumbfounded by the level of enthusiasm so many people have for them.

I try and chalk it up to simply "different strokes...", but often feel like I must be missing something. It's the same way for me with Pavement.

Craig
  • It's called age, Craig! In many ways you have the experience to see through some of the hype that begins to develop around certain artists so that you can be more selective
  • I had thought my inability to "get" Girls was just me getting old.

Uh-oh...what does it mean when you've never heard of the most overrated band of the last decade? Don't answer that....
  • I love Pavement! Dirt roads suck, especially with all the rain we get in my area. Love the band too. Only like the Band though - love anything Dylan does with them, but still developing a taste for them without him.
  • Greg - I would think age would be part of it, but I see plenty of hype for them from people my age and who's taste I respect.

Craig
  • Well I never heard of Girls either, but I have to say that I wish bands would give more thought to what will happen when people Google them.
  • edited December 2011
    Just creeping about, found this which I know nothing about - 4 disc, 5:14 - King Tubby - The Story Of Dub, $9.99 7dig, $33.99 over at Amazon. Too late for serious cogitation - any thoughts?
    61cIJYNj1-L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

This collection also rather less at $9.99 - 80 Reggae Love Song Anthems.
    Dennis Brown collection, 2:34, $9.99 - The Greatest Hits. Amazon $21.99.
  • edited December 2011
    4 disc The Essential Bluegrass Collection, $8.99, from CMH Records. Same folks produced 100 Greatest Bluegrass Hits which I had posted about some while ago.
  • BDB - that King Tubby looks interesting... I might have to splurge on that.... the other one tho' - "80 Reggae Love Song Anthems".... reggae versions of "If You Don't Know Me By Now", "Angel of the Morning", "Help Me Make it Through the Night", "Stand By Your Man", "You Send Me", "Only Sixteen" ... I don't know.... maybe if run across that link after a couple beers and my judgment is sufficiently impaired and I'm feeling adventurous... I'm hoping that doesn't happen... however, if it was $5.00 I might be tempted to get it just for the novelty factor involved.
  • Oops, that's what happens when I only scan the artist names as I scroll through. Time to get some shut-eye.
  • $7.99 T-Pain?