What are you listening to right now? (Twenty Million Things [We'd Like to Do when COVID is over])

Comments

• @greg - My wife & I recently watched A Hard Days Night along with Ferry Cross The Mersey with the late Gerry Marsden on one of the oldie channels. I must say it sure brought back a flood of memories. Here's someone else I'm sure you're familiar with.
    Bert Jansch

1966                      Jack Orion                              1965-67       The Bert Jansch Sampler

1972                      Moonshine                              1990                       Sketches
                                                                                  Emusic

• Round About Ingletwist
    Ingletwist is the name I gave to nonense texts based on the sounds of the English language, in analogy to Onderlands (language of the Underlands), my invented parallel language to Dutch.
    This is a piece composed from results of a workshop I did in December, 2014 with students of the University of Maine, Farmington, and a few from Umaine, Orono.
    Faculty members Gustavo and Gaelyn Aguilar helped facilitate this and participated as well.
    Students wrote short sound poems using a small number of letters (such as the letters of their first name or their hometown), to be performed as solos or in smaller or larger groups. In addition to that there were improvisations in various different structures.
    At a few points computer voices (speaking Ingletwist as well) and some instrumental sounds were added.

Based on recordings made December 5, 2014 at IMRC of the University of Maine, Orono, by Duane Shimmel. A version in 5.1 surround sound was mixed as well, but never released.
    from Golden Ten, released December 4, 2020
  • @confused - yes I saw him play probably around 1970 as a solo artist and then again a couple of times with Pentangle, again early 1970s
  • edited January 2021

Henke Robert - Layering Buddha Vinyl - Amazoncom Music
    Well worth revisiting.

I recorded the sound of one single buddha machine at 96 kHz, using a state of the art A/D converter. The recording contains audio information up to 48 kHz, which makes it possible to transpose the loops down and expose otherwise inaudible hidden details. The pieces on this CD have been created by granulating, filtering, pitching and layering either the original loops, or new loops which were re-assembled out of parts of the originals. Most pieces are based on one single source loop. The pieces as they live within my computer are set up as continuously permutating structures and theoretically could go on forever, just as the loops do within the buddha machines.
    ETA, there are two live versions for free download at the bottom of this page: https://www.roberthenke.com/concerts/layering_buddha.html Looks like I might have a few hours of layered buddha machines ahead of me.

• Georgia on My Mind

- And fingers crossed . . .

• edited January 2021
    “Every Day” by The Cinematic Orchestra.

• Bertrand Burgalat

2000             The Sssound Of Mmmusic               2005                  Portrait-Robot
  • Bent

2003               The Everlasting Blink                      2004                      Ariels
  • This will make the perfect soundtrack to watch the events in the US unfold today.
    The times they certainly are a-changin'. 
    Bob Dylan

1962                      Bob Dylan                              1963       The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan

1964        The Times They Are A-Changin'          1964         Another Side Of Bob Dylan

1965            Highway 61 Revisited                       1965           Bringing It All Back Home 
  • edited January 2021
    COLOSSEUM was one of the pivotal progressive bands that emerged in the second part of the Sixties. In '68 the founding members were drummer Jon Hiseman, tenor sax-player Dick Heckstall-Smith and bass player Tony Reeves, later joined by Dave Greenslade (keyboards), Dave Clempson (guitar) and Chris Farlowe (vocals). Their music is a progressive mix of several styles (rock, jazz, blues) with lots of sensational solos and captivating interplay.
    This album brings together the best of their radio broadcasts. Comprising both studio and live recordings that have been newly mastered. This album captures the band at the height of its powers with each member providing virtuoso performances throughout.
  • Darkness at the break of noon...
    I can't believe that I'm watching a coup take place in Washington.  A delusional despot has incited his followers to overturn the election and no doubt he will not take responsibility for this cowardly act. 
    Bob Dylan

1966                 Blonde On Blonde                  Recorded 1967    Bob Dylan & The Band
                                                                                                       The Basement Tapes

1968              John Wesley Harding                     1969                   Nashville Skyline                  

1970                   Self Portrait                               1973                       Dylan
  • Golevka album - Wikipedia
    I still think these guys from Switzerland were one of the best post-rock bands.
  • Truly unbelievable, seeing insurrectionists smash out windows because of a fantasy story fed to them by Trump. 1 more person dead, so far, on top of all those co-vid deaths that he's responsible for.

Now, I'm reminded as a Dylan fan, I still stuck with him during the very lean Self Portrait years and certainly missed the poetry I came to expect after the gems of the 60's. I recall things picking up mid 70's. 

There's Zero chance Trump can ever redeem himself for what he's caused. 

Bob Dylan

1975                  Blood On The Tracks                 1976                      Desire

1976                        Hard Rain                            1978                    Street-Legal

1979                  Slow Train Coming                     1983                      Infidels
  • Seeing all those Dylan covers takes me back! We put our TV on to watch something on Netflix last night. The last station we'd had on was BBC News. We spent the evening watching events unfold, utterly amazed by what was going on

Anyway the Wind Blows
  • ^^Really, a most incredibly sad day that will be remembered forever in infamy.
    "Who's gonna take away his licence to kill?"
    -Bob Dylan

1983              Infidels (Original Mix)                     1986               Knocked Out Loaded
      [soniclovenoize Basement Tapes reconstruction]

2006                   Tell Tale Signs                           2006                   Modern Times
                   (Rare And Unreleased 1989-2006)

2020            Rough And Rowdy Ways
    archive.org
  • edited January 2021
    A new release from Porya Hatami. This one is based on this 1979 incident in which a photograph of Iranian soldiers executing Kurds in a field won the Iranian photographer a Pulitzer. The cover art is a painting based on the photo. The music is dark and haunting, brilliant but not easy to listen to, and feels like exactly the right kind of listening after a day of presidentially endorsed white nationalist violence.
  • edited January 2021
    greg said:
    Seeing all those Dylan covers takes me back! We put our TV on to watch something on Netflix last night. The last station we'd had on was BBC News. We spent the evening watching events unfold, utterly amazed by what was going on
    Most disturbing and incomprehensible that so many people seems to believe everything that comes from a raving lunatic.

SUSANA SANTOS SILVA - MMXX - 08 : SOMETIMES IT'S RAINING A LOT
    released January 7, 2021
  • Most disturbing and incomprehensible that so many people seems to believe everything that comes from a raving lunatic! 
    You can say that about Trump as well!
  • rostasi said:
    Most disturbing and incomprehensible that so many people seems to believe everything that comes from a raving lunatic! 
    :)  . . . Knowing how you feel about Bob

• rostasi said:
    Most disturbing and incomprehensible that so many people seems to believe everything that comes from a raving lunatic! 

Thanks for the welcome chuckle.
  • The Witch Doctor
    Distracted and rattled today, trying to get grounded with a bit of Blakey and friends. Recorded with Lee Morgan, Wayne Shorter & Bobby Timmons in 1961 but not released until 1969 ?!?!?

• Lizz Wright - Salt

followed by

Frank Turner - Be More Kind

• edited January 2021

released October 30, 2020
    *********************************************************************************************
    released January 7, 2021
  • Missing here is perhaps their best album The Band and another terrific live album Rock Of Ages (The Band In Concert).
    The Band

1968                  Music From Big Pink                   1970                  Stage Fright

1971                        Cahoots                               1968-73           Masters Of Rock

1978                  The Last Waltz
  • Bob Dylan - Live at the Gaslight 1962 by Bob Dylan 2005-05-03 -  Amazoncom Music
    Bob Dylan - In Concert Brandeis University 1963 - Amazoncom Music
    Bob Dylan - Bob Dylan Live at Carnegie Hall 1963 - Amazoncom Music
    The Bootleg Series Vol 6 Bob Dylan Live 1964 Concert at Philharmonic  Hall - Wikipedia

I can get behind a flood of Dylan Albums...

• Pretty much just faux-Bill Basinski.

• Well, you could have had this on a quadrophonic LP back in 1973, or for that matter on 8-track

• I did (on album) and my mom had the 8-Track!
This discussion has been closed.