I love twitter

Comments

• Sorry. I just got an email about that.
  • Somehow I misread this whole Charming Charlie/Morrissey thing. I was thinking more about it using Peanuts images as the problem than Smiths lyrics.
  • No worries, amclark2. I had the same thing happen a couple weeks ago.

Craig
  • My friends who used to play soccer with me used to sing in the pub the following lyrics

I would go out tonight but I have got mango chutney on my trousers!
  • @Doofy

You sent me a tweet, but I'm not sure if it's a spam-thing or a you-thing. I'm always nervous about following links unaccompanied by no or little comment.
  • It was a link to a tweet that said the following:
    IMO States refusing to allow the #ACA health exchanges should be denied ALL federal monies.
  • Feds don't mess around when it comes to monies. And they sure as hell don't let you keep it in an account.
  • No, they pretty much put your monies in their account
  • Hey jonahpwll - Tell me about Spenser Liszt. He followed me on Twitter and it appears he found me through you. I can't say I've ever heard of him.

Craig
  • edited October 2013
    From following a couple Soundcloud-type people, I've gotten follows from quite a few self-promoting artists, though I don't think Spenser has found me yet.
  • @Caf

I don't know much of him myself yet. I've got him bookmarked for a future listen. IIRC, his new release is up on Bandcamp. It's on Armored Records, a small outfit out of Texas that also has a decent contingent of Canadian musicians (probably has something to do with U of North Texas, which has a decent Jazz studies program). Armored Records puts out mostly mainstream jazz, but the good kind, not the schmaltzy... and some stuff that falls outside the mainstream. There was a solid Argentinean jazz album they put out a year ago... what was it called... had a B-B-B thing to its title.

Anyways, I was waiting for Armored to send me the new Liszt recording, but that may have fallen through the cracks. What I remember about him is that he's a reeds guy... sax and bass clarinet mostly. My first quick listen of his new album was a positive one. Goes through a few changes... some in/out, some space-age fusion, some hard bop.

It's an album I'm looking forward to giving some time to.

How about that for a little info?
  • Spenser found me!
  • Thanks jonah! I'll have to check him out.

Craig
  • He found me too.
  • Me too . . . Following him on Soundcloud:
    avatars-000056736722-7ezc1n-crop.jpg?3eddc42
  • via @tedgioia: Famous hit songs broken down into their component tracks. http://blog.zanorg.com/?perm=545

Isolated vocals and guitar on "Beat It" - Wow.
  • @Doofy How do you suppose the person on that blog page (Kek?) managed to get the individual tracks? My French is middling, but my understanding of the body text is that the source is not revealed, and Kek knows he's not supposed to have it. It's the holy grail of remixing, and it usually requires something very special. Very slow page, but remarkable. And maybe moot now, I don't see any tracks when I reload it now.
  • As to the how, qui sait? Sounds like it doesn't take much traffic to crash Kek's blog...
  • Speaking of "how did they get that isolated vocal track?": "Happy Together" Is Better With Just the Vocals
  • edited November 2013
    Found by Björk and posted on Twitter:
    BZXi6a2CAAA0kAy.jpg
    jumping_spider2.jpg
  • I recently found @historyinpics. It's great. Stuff like Theodore Roosevelt as a Freshman at Harvard:

BacsapsIcAA2hOd.jpg:large

To an early (first?) selfie:

BaeN_HbCYAAd8_g.jpg:large

To this amazing shot of UT track practice in 1964:

BafphUVIQAAP14I.jpg:large

Craig
  • Wow. So aerodynamics was not discovered until after the 60s? Girl in the middle lane seems at a disadvantage.
  • Found on Twitter, a photo from the riots in Ukraine:
    Ba414L1CEAA9CUd.jpg:large
  • Holy crap, that's fantastic.

Craig
  • Could not be more appropriate, on the day we say goodbye to Mandela.
  • Found on Twitter
    1558525_10152172247787139_519938082_n.jpg
  • No, no irony at all there BN.
  • Who on here am I not following on Twitter? Give me your handle so I can rectify that oversight.

I'm @BlastBackKudos if you'd rather just follow me and I'll follow back.

Craig
  • Those who follow me @doofycomics will be regaled by my latest piece of comical hilarity
  • Love it Doofy!

Craig