I love twitter

Comments

• Too, the social media stuff could work differently from the intro trials, which was the topic of the conversation I was thinking of.
  • This thread explains some of the more recent followers of my account. I should tweet some cool music-y stuff.
  • Damn, missed that one.
  • so meanwhile i tweeted a mild critique of president obama -- WHOM I SUPPORT -- which lead to a crazy obama supporter accusing me, across like 6 tweets, of not being loyal enough and OH, OH MAYBE YOU ARE A SECRET OPERATIVE FOR THE GOP.

is the gop hiring secret operatives? i'd consider it, if the pay was good.
  • Even if being a secret GOP operative doesn't pay much, perhaps you can earn a little extra cash on the side by also being a secret Dem operative.
  • a double agent?

i like it. sign me up, Team Obama.
  • I am Barack Obama and I do not approve of these shenanigans.
  • From the GOP primaries I would guess that (a) the job of double agent to make the party look bad pays pretty well and (b) the position has been filled many times over.
  • edited June 2012
    WHOMEVER DO YOU MEAN?

Will+newt+gingrich+run.jpg
  • Tweet by Patton Oswalt:

"This toast hates me." -- dialogue from my unsold sitcom, WHAT'S WRONG NOW, MORRISSEY?

I'll try not to make it a habit posting random tweets on this thread, but that one gave me my first chuckle of the morning.
  • I would love twitter even more if they hadn't sent me an e-mail on Wednesday that Sargent House had tweeted about a sale last weekend. Apparently all digital albums were $1.99 last weekend...
  • If you're getting emails from twitter you don't want, go into your profile, click on notifications, and then uncheck every box. There's about eight different categories for which they'll send you an email.
  • It's not that I don't want them, it was more of a comment that they should double check what past tweets they mention. So and so got a new job last week? Great, thanks for letting me know I missed that. All of my favorites bands got together and decided to put together a free festival 5 miles from my house yesterday? %&#*%!

It's mostly a problem because I haven't been able to figure out how best to follow twitter these days. I like them a lot, and the fact that they've gone to bat over privacy concerns recently means that I'll be keeping my account even after I delete my Facebook account (which will be any day now - just have to get some info out of it).
  • One of the few non-music people I follow is chrissie tiegen, a sports illustrated swimsuit model. She's hilarious. She was live tweeting the miss usa pageant, and pretty much had me chuckling with each tweet. Thankfully, the humor doesn't end there. Nothing terribly profound, but a consistent source of laughter that prevents me from unfollowing.

Actually, now that I think upon it, I think I only discovered her because darcy james argue retweeted one of her miss usa tweets. So, I guess there's a bit of a jazz connection, though tenuous it might be.
  • New Twitter deal w/eMusic...
    Members: Tweet us your fav. song so far this summer in the next 3 hours & we’ll credit ur account $8.99 Credit valid 7/3- 7/31

It appears the 3 hours runs between 1-4pm EST.
  • How dare they run this one while I am asleep in another time zone...
  • Glad to be in on this one since I missed the last one....
  • d'oh. Oh well, just not a committed twitter person or today- checking Emusers enough.
  • eMusic twitter deal #backtoschool, on now!

eMusic ?@eMusicHelps
    RT @emusic: Members: Tweet us your favorite #backtoschool track in the next 3 hrs & we'll credit your account $8.99. Credit valid 8/30-9/30.
  • Hurrah, just as I hoped! Still 2 hours to get this one...
  • I already got the "thanks for participating" message. I was hoping for a Labor day sale, maybe "email us your favorite Union song" or something like that. #UtahPhillips
  • Yay! More Sublime Frequencies for me I'm thinking...
  • I was hoping for a Labor day sale, maybe "email us your favorite Union song" or something like that
    That would be cool.
  • Grrr. Meetings all day. Second in a row I've missed of these.
  • Boo Hooooh ! - Working all day.

- Someone at the other board seems totally consumed by missing some free DL's
    I almost feel sorry for her (almost !)
  • I just don't know how you can help people who won't help themselves by checking Twitter like every 15-20 minutes.
  • As the Good Book says, "The Lord helps those who check Twitter like every 15-20 minutes."*

* From the Revised International Valley Girl Version
  • edited August 2012
    Someone at the other board has clearly decided her latest hobby is penning weekly 300 word complaints that end with a request for free money from emusic. I wonder how it's working for her.
  • Wow, that is a hilarious thread. I have not looked down on another person quite so harshly in a long time. Must be a noob, thought, since there was no reference to Swindleeeee!