The greatest YouTube clip you'll see this week.

Comments

•  

Cassiber - Live 1982

• Flo and Eddie of The Turtles on the band's sad history of managers.  Pretty funny.  This one was making the rounds for a while, back in the good old "pre-viral" days 
  • edited October 2015
    Big Black - Bad Penny
    from: Big Black - August 9th 1987 - Seattle, WA (Full Show)

or this: The Model
  • Those are awesome, luddite.

Craig
  • Heh!  I love the internet!   I went looking for something on the internet (about a Miles Davis quote I ran across believe it or not) and came up this somehow: A Bad Lip Reading of the First Democratic Debate

Here's the corresponding one for the Republican's 1st debate.  While it has its moments the "Closing Statement in the Form of a Short Song" bit at the end (actually in the middle I guess, it starts at the 2 minute mark) was worth the price of admission: A Bad Lip Reading of The Republican Debate
  • Oh, I hadn't seen the Democratic one!

Craig
  • Peter Bastian, Anders Koppel, Flemming Quist Møller aka Bazaar 

• Wow ! - Thanks
  • edited December 2015

Hollow Talk by Choir of Young Believers

- The video shows a nature phenomenon we have in Denmark called Sort Sol (black sun)

"Sort sol is a nature phenomenon in the marshlands in southwestern Jutland, Denmark, in particular the marsh near Tønder and Ribe. Very large numbers of migrational starlings gather there in spring and autumn when they move between their winter grounds in southern Europe and their summer breeding grounds in Scandinavia and other countries near the Baltic Sea.

Sort sol takes place in the hours just after sunset. The birds gather in large flocks and form huge formations in the sky just before they decide for a location to roost for the night. The movements of the formations have been likened to kind of a dance or ballet and the birds are so numerous that they seem to obliterate the sunset, hence the term "sort sol" (Danish for "black sun"). Sort sol in the marsh near Tønder can occasionally comprise a formation with up to one million birds. Usually flocks break up when the number of individuals exceed about half a million birds due to excessive internal disturbances in the flock.

If a predator bird enters the flock, the starlings initiate a veritable bombardment with droppings and vomit that soil the feathers of the predator. In rare cases the sticky deposits may render the predator unable to stay airborne. Over 20 years, there have been two confirmed cases of young northern goshawks that drowned because the incident took place over water."

• edited December 2015
    - Not the best, but certainly interesting, I think . . .

From Lou Reed to David Byrne: Meet the Man Responsible for Music's Most Memorable Album Artwork

• Björk Interviewing Arvo Part (2008)

• edited January 2016

Senyawa - Live in Copenhagen, April 29th, 2015

• edited January 2016

Danish band, Kashmir feat. David Bowie - The Cynic

- The story goes (in short, as I remember it) that Kasper Eistrup from Kashmir met David at a concert where they both were in the audience. Bowie showed a remarkable insight in the band their songs and videos.  At a visit in Denmark he bought 2 of their albums.

- Speaking of Kashmir:

Kashmir - Rocket Brothers

- Great song, excellent video.

• Finally getting around to checking out Josh Abram's highly regarded album from last year, "Magnetoception." Josh is a bassist, but here he is playing the guimbri, a "three-stringed north african bass lute." Many here would enjoy this, I think.
  • Yes, this is nice!
    This following one has been part
    of my dubtrack.fm playlist for a while now:

---
    Now playing: François Dufrêne - Batteries Vocales
  • edited February 2016

ShapeShiftingAliens feat. Nolan Cook (The Residents): Shadows

From the first EP by the Swedish band ShapeShiftingAliens – Johan Cléve and Niklas Rundquist (from The Leather Nun).... 
    Read More at http://www.d3bris.de/exclusive-shapeshiftingaliens-feat-nolan-cook-from-the-residents-shadows/  © D3bris Online Magazine
  • Yeah, I should go bring mine up from the basement one of these days
  • My Morning Jacket has re-mixed "It Still Moves."  So here is a version of this great song that sounds less like it is coming from the bottom of a well.  No need to actually watch the video, just listen to the pretty music 

• edited April 2016

Miles Davis - Tutu. Live in Stuttgart 1988

Miles Davis Group performing "Tutu", composed by Marcus Miller.
    Miles Davis (tp), Kenny Garrett (as, fl), Bobby Irving/Adam Holzmann (keyb), Joe McCreary/Joseph Foley/Benjamin Rietveld (b), Ricky Wellmann (dr), Marilyn Mazur (perc)
  • Found this while researching a rare Billie Holiday track. This a a film made of the first extended work by Duke Ellington. The link is to a blog post that gives you more background info. This is basically a music video made in the 30's  B)

Symphony in Black: A Rhapsody of Negro Life
  • Happy birthday to Duke!
  • If you know exactly where to look you can see me in this CBS News video of Bob Mould from last Friday.

Craig

• Watch from about 11 minutes to see a nice tutorial in what to do if your setlist blows off the piano in the middle of a solo.