NBA Playoffs

Comments

• btw, *college debate* lol.
  • LeBron_James_vs_Kevin_Durant_NBA_Finals_2012_Basketball_Wallpaper.png?width=737&height=505

gonna be an epic finals. okc's the slight favorite, but do not count out the miami heat.
  • edited June 2012
    after reading predictions from a number of observers, i've refined my view.

OKC will win the series in three games, with the heat forfeiting game four, in their home-arena, to avoid further embarrassment. total score over the three games played will be OKC -- 472; Miami -- 126, give or take a few points.
  • I truly believe that OKC is the better team due to its supporting cast. That said, the pressure has been taken off of LeBron. With most thinking OKC will win, there is no downside to the series for LeBron, unlike usual, and that is a huge plus for him as he tries to get over the hump. Based on that pressure relief, he will be by far the best player in the series (all respect to Durant), and I expect the Heat to win the series.

Craig
  • I have to say I was very impressed by LeBron's performance in the last two games of the Boston series, and by his teammates stepping up in Game 7. I grew up in Philly and have always hated the Celtics, but I had no rooting interest in Celtics-Heat even though Boston had just eliminated the Sixers in 7 tough games. LeBron was awesome in Game 6 and followed it up with some huge plays in Game 7. I am looking forward to the Finals and think it should be a great series. I think OKC as a slight favorite is about right, but I have no idea who will win.
  • i have read more observers, and i now revise my prediction: miami will forfeit after OKC goes up 2 -- 0 in the series. OKC wins in 2 games.
  • THUNDER!!! Woo-hoo!
  • Do not count out the Miami Heat.
  • Don't count out OKC, either. If the refs would have called that obvious foul in the last couple of minutes, the game may very well have turned out differently! Sunday night should be a good showdown.
  • WHO IS COUNTING OUT OKC?

i hate them, tho. young, happy-go-lucky, midwestern beardos. james harden's beardo look is the worst. just terrible.
  • Not much to hate about the Thunder, unless you're a Miami fan. Or a Seattle fan. They're young, extremely talented and fun to watch. Nonetheless, they should have many more chances to win with that nucleus. The main reason I find myself rooting for Miami right now is Shane Battier. He was one of my favorite players in college, and he has been a very effective pro by doing the little things, focusing on defense and situational scoring. I'd like to see him win a title. I'd also be happy for LeBron, who doesn't really deserve all the crap he continues to take despite being one of the best players ever. He seems like a good guy, and he can dominate a game at both ends when he decides to take over. I think most fans just wish he'd do that a little more often. His Game 6 performance in Boston was pure awesomeness.
  • bah. thunder aren't fun to watch IMO. they're a boring jump-shooting team. even durant, except in spurts when he goes to the basket.
    His Game 6 performance in Boston was pure awesomeness

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ this
  • beardx-large.jpg

wierdo beardo imo
  • Hey, that's not very nice. I couldn't have cared less about basketball a month ago, but this is my home territory and to my great surprise I find I am fast becoming a Thunder fan. As stupid as it sounds, I kinda feel like someone's just insulted my mother.
  • haha. kez, i'm not making fun of your relatives! i'm gently poking fun at james harden.

you could poke fun at heat players, and i promise not to take offense.

NO INSULTING SHANE BATTIER, THO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • OK! Admittedly, Battier was pretty good in the last game.
  • Battier's smart, too.

Uses big words in interviews, like "ostensible," and "mellifluous."
  • bah. thunder aren't fun to watch IMO. they're a boring jump-shooting team. even durant, except in spurts when he goes to the basket.

I assume you're serious, but if so I'm not sure you're watching the same team as everybody else. They fly all over the floor, Durant's the best and most effortless scorer in the league, and Westbrook seems always on the verge of being out of control. Ibaka is a defensive monster, and Harden does a little bit of everything. Durant is a different type of scorer than LeBron, less powerful (who isn't?) but just as effective. He also has shown a knack for taking over games late, which has always been the knock on LeBron, fair or not. I'm rooting for Miami but would not be disappointed if OKC won. I'd be happy for Mo Cheeks, who is an assistant to Scott Brooks and was the point guard on my all-time favorite Sixers teams. He belongs in the Hall of Fame.
  • edited June 2012
    all true, what you say, except that they tend to be a jump-shooting team (even durant!, who is an amazing scorer, and who -- as a heat fan -- i fear), which isn't what i like watching. the flip-side is that when the heat get pressured or lose focus or whatever the hell it is that happens to the heat mentally (or physically), they also revert to being a jump-shooting team, which is boring IMO. heat's best moments are when they're in transition or rotating the ball around the arc with quick passes, looking for someone cutting into an open lane.

cheeks should be in the HOF, yes.

also, don't mind me. i hate OKC for the same reason i hate the Mavericks: at some point during their series, i began feeling like they were going to beat Miami. and i just hate that.
  • Ah, so that explains the jab at Hardin's beard. Those '"fear the beard" signs must make you nervous.
  • everything makes me nervous.
  • Whoop whoop
  • After this series, can we amnesty Wade and sign D12 to a max contact?

BRON -- BOSH -- DWIGHT
  • 1340118090-media.jpg

DURANT v. DOODLE JUMP
  • grave consequences if the heat lose tonight . . .

03.jpg
  • deserves championship for this tweet alone.

tumblr_lzpk2rHvQf1r74ytbo1_500.jpg
  • Whoop whoop whoop
  • i hereby withdraw my prediction that OKC will win in 3 games, with the heat forfeiting game 4.

that will not happen.
  • Context? Did James really say that he would win more titles than Jordan?