Could this Be the Worst Album in the History of the World?

Comments

• They do a fun version of "Happy Together" too!
  • Could this be the worst artist in the history of the world?  Michael Bubble  How dumb would you have to BBe...?
  • Not album, but strong contender for worst song ever:  "Stand With Governor Walker" by Glen Shulfer. 

For those of you outside the US, Gov Walker of Wisconsin has just terminated his futile presidential campaign.  Yes, the election is still 14 months away...
  • what he couldn't get the other Scott Walker to do a campaign song for him?
  • He probably asked if he could use "Plastic Palace People," one of the originals from Scott 2, but he was rebuffed after a quick examination of his record of union-busting and university-dismantling revealed him to be utterly unsuitable for any elected office whatsoever. And personally, I doubt the politician Walker has ever even heard of Jacques Brel.

In all seriousness, I wonder if the singer Walker's pre-existing Google footprint caused problems for the politician Walker in the polls, since whenever people would look up his name on the internet they'd see an extensive discogs.com entry and the Youtube video for "30 Century Man."

Getting into the Christmas spirite

On the archive

• Ugh - just the thought of it, I don't need to listen!
  • I actually like it more than the original.
    [ducks]

Check out Happy Puppy Records on the Internet Archive, felt soory for the engineer on this

• edited December 2015

Tracks include "Serious Face Punch Impact 3," "Crowd Fighting & Kicking Body on Ground," and "Group of Children Fighting".

ETA, check out the label for many other contenders for this thread (warning: if you care about cover art you might have to scratch your own eyes out afterwards)
  • Could this be the worst album art in the history of the world? 

In His Presence album cover

Merry Kitschmas
  • Chicken Dance Party album cover

84 tracks with "chicken" in the title
  • edited January 2016
    One of the worst covers, certainly, but a surprisingly good creative collection of tunes!
    They didn't include one tune that was a favorite of mine when I was growing up.
    It tells the (apparently true) story of a farmer on acid who decides to set all of his chickens free!

• Doofy, checked the track list, nothing by Atomic Rooster
  • Lowlife said:
    Doofy, checked the track list, nothing by Atomic Rooster
    - Nor by Chicken Shack . . .

Great bluesband from the sixties, BTW.
  • @rostasi In what cannot possibly a coincidence, the same thing occurs in an installment of the Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers

• edited January 2016
    Doofy: Actually, the tune comes from a 1968 single by
    Gilbert "FFFB" Shelton and the Hub City Movers,
    but it was the Guru Guru version that introduced me to it later.
    There's a Danish pressing on flexidisc(!) too. ("Sæt Hønsene Løs").
    Still, I understand that it was based on a true story.

®ø∂

---
    Now playing: The Le Suny’r Ra Band - Velvet

• Fireball

This Deep Purple album is probably not the worst album in the world, and probably it is not even the most ludicrous album cover to come out of the 70s. But it is making me laugh very much
  • The cover for In Rock is not much better either
  • They're a giant space sperm?  The 70s were weird, man.

Craig
  • A brief refresher of some of the bad Amie St. band names...

http://www.emusers.net/forum/discussion/comment/7397/#Comment_7397

Cheers.

• They're a giant space sperm?  The 70s were weird, man.

That was exactly my reaction. Glad I am not the only person who saw that.

• edited April 2016
    jonahpwll said:
    A brief refresher of some of the bad Amie St. band names...

The infamous Rump Corks:

- Sorry, I just couldn't resist . . .

ETA: For the sensitive souls here:
    CAUTION ! do not click on the label page.
  • edited April 2016
    cafreema said:
    They're a giant space sperm?  The 70s were weird, man.

Looking back, seems like there was a lot of muddled thinking. Can't imagine why that would have been
  • Must have been the Cold War.

Yeah, that's gotta be it.

Craig
  • The Best Techno Remixes of Classical Music 2014 Remastered Pachelbel Canon in D - Grieg Peer Gynt Suite - Mozart Turkish March - Beethoven Fur Elise  Moonlight Sonata - Vivaldi The Four Seasons - Bach Air On the G String album cover
    Mozart Techno Band

This is like those Baby Einstein things that are supposed to make your baby smarter through listening to classical music. Except the opposite.
  • There is times when I don't miss Amie Street . . .
    ;)
    httpsf4bcbitscomimga3134119828_14jpg

• This is a gag cover. We can only hope...From the redoubtable Crap Jazz Covers blog