Could this Be the Worst Album in the History of the World?

1235»

Comments

• @ScissorMan We all get to stay on the soapbox as long as we want, I think! No, eMu is not "curating" these off the new-release page...That's exactly where I'm finding them. I think these are something new: Titles engineered to show up in Spotify searchers (ie, "relax, chill, lounge, dinner party," what have you). They surely don't earn much, but then they cost nothing to produce so it's all profit. I imagine the old 'scam' of hits recorded by other artists is pretty much obsolete in these streaming days...
  • edited February 2018
    My comment was also related to the fact that such releases have become a much higher proportion of eMusic new releases. They were always there, but because the number of new releases has decreased, especially in, eg, jazz, they are becoming much more apparent than ever before. I would still argue that it is a sad reflection of what eMusic has become, because of the reducing number of labels available to us. Just checking out the eMusic sub reddit pages shows the increasing number of labels leaving eMusic. 
  • Looking at the sub redoubt page it is indeed a sad reflection of a company going down fast, part of me would love it to come back but the way it is going I really can't see this happening

• Fecking hell
  • That will not be played in my pub tomorrow

• @Lowlife Nor anywhere else, I expect. The samples are pretty hilarious. "Whiskey in the Jar," for example, isn't.

Now this is Whiskey in the Jar:

• To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
    Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
    To the last syllable of recorded time;
    And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
    The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
    Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
    That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
    And then is heard no more. It is a tale
    Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury
    Signifying nothing.

• edited December 2018
    This actually sums up how low eMusic have reached! I suspect though that they have a few more titles in contention for this prestigious award.
  • edited December 2018
    greg said:
    This actually sums up how low eMusic have reached! I suspect though that they have a few more titles in contention for this prestigious award.
    Well, there's always been countless numbers of crap albums, the difference is that the good stuff is no longer there . . . with a few exeptions.
  • Marketing employee: "The kids these days don't seem to think classical music is cool. We need some way to make it seem more exiting, more fun. But associating it with sex and nature are such cliches.
    Wait, I know....this will work...."

100 Classical Pieces for Homework Assignments