Emusic Beta

Comments

• edited May 2017
    I was a beta tester. At first I could not go to my music or wish list, but now I can. My music only has the current list of albums downloaded while on beta, and not the older items, which were there before (I didn't do a big scan to see if I had all the old items, but it was a sufficient number, so I didn't bother  to check what was missing).  A number of labels are still missing, there are no new albums "today" (and "new this week" doesn't seem updated for a couple of days). We'll see.
  • All I have in My Music are albums I have downloaded as part of the Beta trial. I do note however that prices in the UK have stayed at 42p per track, not the increased 49p during the Beta trial. That's good and probably explains why it was not announced as it was an error. I don't see lots of new tracks/albums though, including those new releases on the old site but not the new. Given time I assume we will get them... Overall I do like the new layout, shows the all black site from a few years back was poor, which we all knew.
  • It also means a sad Goodbye to the Emusic Message Board. Despite all its issues I will miss it. Glad though we have emusers.
  • The Necks link brings up an empty page.
    - Still zero in browse.

Nothing in the DLH. I was able to create a new list, but hitting submit:
    "you have reached the maximum number of lists Allowed"

Hmmmm ? - I'm pleased that I spend all my credits and will refresh in a couple of days.
  • edited May 2017
    My goodness !
    The eMu links in the N&N thread works for the new eMu.

- I did not see that coming . . . But no price.
  • FYI Here I am in the UK (member since 2004 - I had no idea!) I still appear to be Grandfathered £39.99 gets me £84.00 monthly credit, and as Greg said still at 42p a track. Nothing as yet migrated into My Music. I don't refresh until late in the month so plenty of time to iron wrinkles (*hopeful voice*). If it's available to me might get a mini booster just to see how this new zippy download acts. Fingers crossed folks.
  • Right now @ emusic.com:

"Our site is temporarily unavailable as we prepare to launch an all-new eMusic!"

• Where are you based Mr Pizza?

• I've just gone searching for booster pack deals and landed on an accounts page that won't load but says "Up to 55% off iTunes" presumably meaning eMu is still as good as 55% cheaper than iTunes rather than a bonus feature ;-) Someone really should advise these folk on marketing and not pissing off gullible folk. "You mean I can get 55% off the next album by XYZ on a major label!? Wow!... except I only stream music for free now..."
  • The message is gone... it's like they are toying with me... trying to make me go insane... like... like pineapple pizza! AHHHHHH

Mr Pizza was my father, call me oven. Europe.
  • edited May 2017
    I was able to log-in on my ipad (using safari) about 1 1/2 hours ago. But just tried now and site is down. I'm certainly happy to give them time as it must be better eventually than the Wordpress site we've all suffered from to some extent for the last few years. For information, I enquired about carrying forward credit, as I was part of the Beta trial, and I was told that credits due to expire in May would be honoured until my June rollover day, which is really useful. Not sure if that will apply to everyone, but it does make sense. It might also mean that they know new releases won't all be added immediately but over the next few weeks.
  • edited May 2017
    Latest news:  Up again.

My lists have turned up as blank icons, well,  . . . still working away, I s'pose 

And now this board is behaving strangely, with things disappearing and a dysfunctional paste function.  
  • Just discovered the Igloo label on the new site. I don't remember coming across them before - it is mainly Belgian jazz. I certainly need to explore further. I'm sure Johanpwll will know them. For information try http://www.igloorecords.be/IglooJazz/. Some of the site is in French, but don't let that put you off! On emusic see http://www.igloorecords.be/IglooJazz/
  • edited May 2017
    From the blog:

5/9, 1:51 EST.  Update on Wish List migration:  All roads point to smooth sailing.  Saved for Later and Lists should be safely restored to your Wish List within hours.

5/9, 1:40 EST.  Update on My Music migration: We’ve verified that all our members content is safely on the new platform and logged to display.  What is causing the delay is performance issues – in testing the process performed much faster and we are now experiencing delays that we have not anticipated.  The whole team is devoted to finding a way to speed this process.

----

Can anyone confirm if Nuclear Blast (https://www.emusic.com/label/10370/Nuclear-Blast-Records) also disappeared on their end?
  • edited May 2017
     Can anyone confirm if Nuclear Blast (https://www.emusic.com/label/10370/Nuclear-Blast-Records) also disappeared on their end?
    I get a 0 on a nice looking labelpage (in Denmark), but that goes for all labels and everything on browse.
  • edited May 2017
    Ditto in UK for Nuclear Blast, but I am getting most labels I am expecting.
  • Ahem...Check the prices on the other Necks albums...
  • Not with me.
  • Just downloaded Marconi Union's Ghost Stations so far so good

• Then the Slowdive album did not download, not good

• Bow a BvDub album will not download, its all rather hit and miss
  • Ahem...Check the prices on the other Necks albums...
    £1.68 but I note the total price is not shown, for shame. This make-over is all about making the site work on mobiles thus all white not the previous black etc... It's nothing radical but just a corporate style make-over. I've had lot's of folk trying to get my site to look like this because of the culture we supposedly live in. I'm guessing most of the big spenders aren't that fussed.
  • My save for later seems to have disappeared. :( Every list I ever made though is back :) but all with zero items :(
  • Got the new Slowdive. It was only $6.49. It downloaded fine, and I like zips. It sounds great. I might not have thought about it much if my old saved for later hadn't been wiped out. So I guess I'm content with the new emu.
  • edited May 2017
    I finally got an email:

Dear eMusic member,

It has come to our attention that your country's music catalog has not yet been updated and was therefore unavailable to you today on the new eMusic web and mobile apps. We sincerely apologize to you for this. Once we understood the situation, we took immediate steps to provide you access to the content you want. This mean that, for a short while, we are supplying you and other members in your country with access to music from the catalog available in Germany.  This is a temporary solution until your country's catalog can come online.  

We are truly sorry for this inconvenience, and we're committed to resolving this issue as soon as we can. 

This evening, we will be adding 10 courtesy music credit to your account.  If the credits haven't already been added, please look for this amount to be added within the next day.  These credits will expire 90 days from today.

Aha ! so this is why I got all those zeros . . .

The credits is there but the music is not . . . Well, patience is a virtue.

• 5/9, 1:51 EST.  Update on Wish List migration:  All roads point to smooth sailing.  Once My Music has been migrated, the Saved for Later and Lists should be safely restored to your Wish List by end of day today.

No es así 
  • Down again this morning. Don't tell me trying to populate my My Music has bust the system ;-)
  • Yes, down for me too. I suppose it'll come back when the USA wakes up, around lunchtime when I go out to a meeting all afternoon! That's Life... wouldn't that make a good song title?
  • Came back almost an hour or so ago. My Music is gradually populating, although not in the right order, but that is not a problem. Interestingly though, with the Beta it was in date order. I've even downloaded an album so that is working again. 
  • A query - has anyone re-downloaded anything from emusic today that they originally downloaded years ago. I am just wondering if the quality is different... I'll probably try myself anyway to check it out>