What are you listening to right now? (16 Banners United)

Comments

• Another one from Marc Smith's Bandcamp collection
  • Back to the garden...

2010                                                                        2010

2011                                                                       2012
    Bandcamp

• Sub Rosa is still expanding their Bandcamp presence:

The Garifuna musicians & dancers from Livingston, Guatemala. Ibimeni a term associated with childhood and youth, means honey or sweetness in Garifuna. Ibimeni is also the name of a group of Garifuna musicians and dancers from Livingston, Guatemala, who interpret their traditional sounds in this album. This collection includes lullabies, festive chants, processional marches, and songs of religion and labor. Livingston is a small region located on the Caribbean coast at the river mouth of Rio Dulce, Guatemala. it is accessible only by boat or airplane. this isolation allows the conservation of many cultural elements, such as music and dance.

• edited May 2018
    I've been listening to these, but forgot to post it as I was saddened to read @rostasi's post about Glenn Branca.

2014                                                                          2014

2016   Negură Bunget
    Romanian avantgarde black metal band from Timișoara. 
    w/remixes by Daniel DorobantuSilent Strike,
    Ionuț Cârjă & Tibor KatiAdrian 'Oq' Neagoe & Tragacanth
  • Thinking about Glenn Branca - RIP

'77 - '79                                                                    1981
  • Mariss Jansons Live The Radio Recordings 1990-2014

From the eMu bargains thread. I re-tagged all the files with composers, so I am good for the next 13+hours. 
  • edited May 2018
    Glenn Branca

Recorded live at St. Mark's Church, NYC on May 14, 1982. 

from Discogs
    Track 1 recorded at Radio City Studios, NYC November 30, 1981 (originally recorded for Neutral Records but never released); post-production mix, 2005 
    Track 2 John Cage in conversation with Wim Mertons at The Navy Pier on Lake Michigan in Chicago, July 8th, 1982; originally released by Crepuscule Records on "Chicago 82: A Dip In The Lake" (TWI 116
    Track 3 recorded in 1989 at the Manhattan School of Music Studio; originally commissioned by Matthew Maguire and Creation Company 

Ps @rostasi - The John Cage interview was most interesting. He must have been describing that very same show you were at. I couldn't help but wonder if it was the same set as the St. Mark's Church performance? I quite enjoyed that sustained climax.    Hmmm.   Interesting indeed!
  • Still thinking about Glenn Branca 

Recorded at 512 West 19th St., November 1984.       Recorded 1989

Recorded 1992 & 1994                                            Performed on February 28, 2008 at 
                                                                                            Auditorium Parco Della Musica
  • Lastly

2010 The Ascension: The Sequel                      2011 Ensemble - Live At Primavera Sound 2011
                                                                                      Free Music Archive
  • Well, one thing I've noticed as I've been cleaning up my iTunes is how many big holes I have in my library. Thanks to Ubuweb and Emusic boosters I'm about fill up one now. I can't tell you how many times I've seen him mentioned on the boards, put him into the saveforlater and then left him there as good as forgotten. 

Terry Riley

Recorded 1960 - 1965                                           Recorded on November 4th & 5th 1966

live in concert at the Nacka Auditorium,                                                    
    Stockholm, April 27. 1967  
  • Steive NIcks - Belladonna
  • Sonic Youth - Daydream Nation
  • SunCoast Web Series - Digital Water
  • Cyndi Lauper - She’s So Unusual
  • Grateful Dead- 1979-09-01, Holleder Memorial Stadium, Rochester, NY

•  
    released May 8, 2018
  • Well, this will be my first listen to In C and I'm kinda excited. I haven't played any samples but I have read a bit about it and I'm looking forward to hearing how Riley & In C evolve. 

November 1967                                                          Recorded at 30th Street Studio,
                                                                                          New York City  1968.

Live recording S.U.N.Y,                                            Public concert organized and recorded by
    Buffalo, N.Y., March 22, 1968.                                  Shandar on April 18, 1971 in Los Angeles.

PS - I really enjoyed Reed Streams!
  •  
     . . .The line up is as eclectic as a Haas/Laswell production should be. Eddie Martinez on guitar (Robert Palmer, Lou Reed, Ryuichi Sakamoto), Eraldo Bernocchi on guitar ( Harold Budd, DJ Olive, Markus Stockhausen), Lex Grey on vocals (The Urban Pioneers), Satch Hoyt on flute (Grace Jones), Jamil Al-Allami on Aoud among others. . .
    - released May 17, 2018  
  • edited May 2018

1975 Soundtrack to the film "Lifespan"                     Recorded in concert on November 29, 1975
    (aka "Le Secret de la Vie") by Alexander Whitelaw.

PS- 1975 has been a terrific year!
  • Can't stop now...an earlier Dervish...

Köln – February 23, 1975                                        Part 6 of a 7 part series directed
    w/ Don CherryKarl Berger                                         by Robert Ashley in 1976 
  • Clint Eastwood & General Saint - Stop this Train

Greg, enjoy the day tomorrow, the football I am talking about although you may enjoy some people getting married!

• My television will not go on until mid afternoon at the earliest Lowlife! I actually think the two strongest teams in the last four have actually met and that would have been a good final. We were talking to our 5 year old grandson yesterday about the World Cup coming up. He said that he cannot support England because he supports Spurs!! Fortunately his 9 year old sister does understand that you can also support England, particularly as her hero Harry Kane is playing. You'd be pleased that her regular non uniform wear is Spurs kit! I just hope that tomorrow's game is sorted earlier (ie won by United) than the Champions League final of a few years ago in Moscow between the two teams

Days Like This

• Joshua Redman  Still Dreaming feat Ron Miles Scott Colley  Brian Blade

NPR First Listen, thanks Doofy - see Soundcloud thread

• Anne Garner - Not Home
    Includes a very lovely remix track by Porya Hatami.