What are you listening to right now? (16 Banners United)

Comments

• Roland De Lassus Bonjour Mon Coeur by Capilla Flamenca
    I think I have said it before, but I love this album. One of my favorite recent downloads.
    Emusic

Les Muses Naissantes
    This is perfectly nicely done, can't complain, but somehow it is not grabbing me like the Lassus one.
    Emusic

Various - Foundations 2
    From the Dewtone haul. This one has some nice dreamy tracks.

• Magus Insipiens 3 Song Cycles on Poems by Taliesin Payne And Sapho

Magus Insipiens: 3 Song Cycles on Poems by Taliesin, Payne, And Sappho
    Kayleen Sanchez & Paul Sanchez

I was with Paul and Kayleen at an event in Texas the last few days. They are extremely nice people, and this is a good listen.

•  
    Recorded in concert on May 10, 1982                       Recorded And Mixed At Aquarius
                                                                                         Studios Nov. 1984

1997  & Stefano Scodanibbio                               1998, 1999, 2000.  & Stefano Scodanibbio

• Recorded live at Chapelle des Brigittines, Brussels, on May 31, 1997.

Recorded on September 21, 2000                     2001  Recorded November 20, 1998               
    The Styrenes - (Al MargolisMike Hoffman,
    John MortonTim MoesUk RattayPaul Marotta,
    Jimmy Lonesome)
  • httpsd2htg16wag384pcloudfrontneteMusicrestcataloggetReleaseCoverreleaseId103684212width800
    An excellent mix of sounds and an excellent companion to Det Andre Rommet. Also a reminder that there appears to be a couple of recent Hubros that I haven't harvested yet.

• Link goes to Bandcamp; it's also on eMusic
  • edited May 2018

- released March 30, 2018 
    Gyan Riley, solo guitar and ukulele 
    Gyan Riley won his first guitar in a raffle when he was 12 years old. Over the years he has performed with Zakir Hussain, Lou Reed, John Zorn, the Kronos Quartet, Lee Ranaldo, Iva Bittova, Julian Lage, the Bang-On-A-Can All-Stars, Bryce Dessner, Nico Muhly, Secret Chiefs 3, and his father Terry Riley.  His fifth solo album, Sprig, will be released in March on the National Sawdust Tracks label.
  • The Obliterati
    Ah, I remember their first release on Ace of Hearts records. Starting the day a bit hard.
  • Back to the garden...

2012                                                                        2013

Bandcamp
  • Dreadzone - 2nd Light

Warm summer night, watered the garden to this
  • edited May 2018

Billedresultat for Holliger Schnebel Penderecki Cerha - Neue Chormusik II - 1974
  • edited May 2018

Recorded on November 23, 2003                          2008 With The Paul Dresher Ensemble

2010  Salt Lake Electric Ensemble                            2014 Château FlightCabaret Contemporain
  • Time for one more cup of coffee and a visit to Mali

2014  Africa Express  
    This new version was recorded at the Maison des Jeunes youth club in Bamako, Mali in 2013, and is led by young contemporary conductor André de Ridder. The album features the cream of new artists from Bamako, among them Adama Koita, Bijou, Cheick Diallo, alongside Africa Express stalwarts Damon Albarn, Brian Eno and Nick Zinner.  Soundcloud

• Back to the garden...
    It starts with a Various Artist sampler from Emusic? simply titled Mali.
    I couldn't find an album cover.

1988 Out Of Africa – World Beat Africa                  1998.   African Jazz Pioneers

Presented by Analog Africa                                     African Scream Contest Vol​.​2 - Benin 1963​-​1980
    Subtitle: Raw & Psychedelic Afro Sounds                          Bandcamp
    from Benin & Togo 70s 
    Bandcamp
  • Christopher Hobbs, John Adams and Gavin Bryars- Ensemble Pieces (Obscure Records No. 2)

AR Kane - Sixty Nine
  • httpsd2htg16wag384pcloudfrontneteMusicrestcataloggetReleaseCoverreleaseId1847818width800

and previously a small sampling of

Various Artists - Russian Piano Concertos

Oh and on my commute today this new boy from Larry Heard aka Mr. Fingers

httpsd2htg16wag384pcloudfrontneteMusicrestcataloggetReleaseCoverreleaseId143989735width800

Cerebral Hemispheres - this covers a few bases from Quiet Storm ballads to Cosmic House; and it is much more smoothly produced than I normally care for, but just about every note is in the right place doing the job it's supposed to - if you catch my drift. Not sure who I'd recommend this to here but you should maybe give it at least a small listen with an open mind. Probably a top 5 ROTY. On Emusic.

• Aby Ngana Diop - Liital
  • Confused - that Label Love Jazz Edition cover looks familiar to me - I must check it out! I've also not played much West African music recently, time to resolve that with one of my favourites

ALI AND TOUMANI

• Aphex Twin - Orphans
    Tracklist:
    luke vibert- spiral staircase [future music competition, afx remix]
    luke vibert- spiral staircase [future music competition, afx ALTREMIX b]
    Nightmail 1
    4x atlantis take1
  • A "Golden Oldie" from 2017 that I hadn't hard-filed properly.

httpsd2htg16wag384pcloudfrontneteMusicrestcataloggetReleaseCoverreleaseId55935033width800

Actress (who lives about 5 miles from here) AZD.