Guvera

Comments

• TV on the Radio's new album has shown up on release day. Nice work, Guvera.
  • And here I was debating about what to d/l...
  • D'oh! I stopped mousing too soon. Thanks for the tip.
  • Mousing?
  • That add album feature is a beautiful thing - has that been there all this time? It does look new and improved. Never noticed the suggestion type feature as you type in the Search box on the front page before either. Nice.
  • What's the add album feature?
  • edited April 2011
    After you do a search and are presented with the list of results, you'll see a group of icons to the right of each song name. Clicking on one of the icons (the one that looks like a CD with a plus sign above it) will enable you to add the entire album to an existing or new playlist.
  • For a long time I thought those buttons were disabled and never ventured near them with my mouse. They show a disabled look until you mouse over them.
  • Anyone know what are some of the main labels on Guvera? I'm satiated with EMI and Blue Note at this point. And it might just be conditioned by Mtracks, but I know peruse music by label (the only decent way I know on Mtracks to find music).
  • FYI: A few Victoria's Secret credits showed up on my wife's account.
  • I'm excited for a new month. I just finished DLing a bunch of one-hit wonders:
    Brandy (You're A Fine Girl)-Looking Glass
    Come On Eileen-Dexys Midnight Runners
    (I Never Promised You a) Rose Garden-Lynn Anderson
    Somewhere Down The Crazy River-Robbie Robertson
    All Right Now-Free

And I took a staff rec on OK Go EP
  • Game on! 10 for me, 12 for she. I'm surprised that this didn't wait until a weekday. We picked up:

Bailador by Michel Portal
    Cruel Sister by Pentangle
    Songs by Spiers and Boden (currently my wife's favorite)
  • Man. I only got 8 and there were 9 tracks left on the album I'm working on. Piss.

Craig
  • I only got 8 too, and at first count I thought I had ten, so I started downloading something with 10 tracks; then realized 4 in that I couldn't finish it, plus the fourth one timed out and I didn't even get it - so I changed course and got A Love Supreme for free. Even when Guvera doesn't work well, I still can't find anything to complain about!
  • Oh, yeah, don't get me wrong. I'm sure as heck am not complaining.

Craig
  • @Sort
    Anyone know what are some of the main labels on Guvera? I'm satiated with EMI and Blue Note at this point. And it might just be conditioned by Mtracks, but I know peruse music by label (the only decent way I know on Mtracks to find music).

You know, I don't see any mention of labels on the site at all. Other than looking at other sites to see what the label is on things I've loked at....too much time.

12 new credits for me!
  • only got 8 credits, but I went ahead and grabbed TV on the Radio's new one. Maybe I'll get the remaining two tracks from eMu when my DLs refresh there.
  • Finally finished off the 4 Michael Schenker gigs out of the 6 live UFO concerts on the Official Bootleg Box - this is around 50 or more tracks, thank you, Guvera - and got the 2 Kenny Burrell long tracks I held off on at eMu, All Day Long and All Night Long, no album pricing ripoffs thank you, and 2 tracks from the new Ray Davies See My Friends release that I can't quite see my way to buying in entirety.
  • I just gave 'em a shout on Twitter, figure that's the least I could do...
  • Picked up that 1 credit recording of Music for 18 Musicians - thanks, Doofy. Really not sure what I'm going to use the rest for yet.
  • I popped my 8 credits on The Warlocks Heavy Deavy Skull Lover. It was an impulse for my post-workout endorphin high yesterday. Glad I got it.
  • edited May 2011
    Well, I got fed up with entering artist names and getting no hits, and actually started going through the alphabetical list of artists on Guvera to find stuff I might want. So far I got all the way through the letter A - and as a result got me a free copy of Liminoid/Lifeforms by Aidan Baker to anchor this month. Nice! Am working on a Max Richter album with leftovers.
  • Guvera has the new Beastie Boys.
  • Guvera has the new Beastie Boys.

Too late/too many tracks for me. But it's also $5 on 7digital.
  • Initially I thought of this as a weird site but I still gave it a shot and was surprised by the amount of downloads you can charge of it. The number of accounts though is limited as they only rely on their sponsors and pass it to their loyal subscribers. But you gotta love it that you don't have to pay itunes for their stuff.
  • Actually they are missing one track from the new Beasties. It's the one with Santagold guesting.
  • Is the new Beasties any good? I haven't listened to any of their stuff for a loooong time.
  • Woohoo, they finally got the rest of Talk Talk's catalog! So strange that I really only wanted one song and now find myself trying to finish up all 5 albums...
  • the new Beasties is the best thing they've done since Check Your Head.