Amazon Daily mp3 Download Deals

Comments

• edited September 2012
    $5 August sale ending today - just going to post a few items for consideration. I did end up getting the 39 track Very Best Of Doors (+ Bonus Tracks), because it's a tidy package ( I, also, have to be in the right mood for them), and the Neil Young Decade - again because it's a nice playlist.
    Other items I want to remember to consider:
    Feed My Soul by the Holmes Brothers.
    Well, I thought there would be more. Go figure.
  • I'm very happy with my decision to get Mellon Collie - a true '90's classic.
  • The new Christian Scott is my pick of the litter in jazz. Really strong and ambitious album by young NOLA trumpeter.
  • I got the Scott too, and the Dylan, Highway 61, which I didn't have.
  • Feed My Soul is a great album worth the price
  • Grabbed the two Lupe Fiasco albums I didn't already have. They don't go on sale often and are usually almost the same cost for mp3 as the CD.

Craig
  • That $3 Voucher expires tomorrow, btw. Need to enter code before you use it!
  • Amazon hasn't had a daily deal for the last three days. Anyone know if they have stopped having them, or are they just taking the Labor Day weekend off?
  • "$5 this week only"? Not only are the prices of July becoming a distant memory, the daily ritual of a unique album being on sale seems to be gone.
  • From CNet's Cheapskate blog today:
    Suppose, for example, I told you you get could five bucks' worth of music free of charge, but you'd have to fork over a bit of time and personal info. Sound like a fair trade?

Here's the deal: Scott Products (makers of Scott paper towels, toilet paper, and whatnot) is offering a $5 Amazon MP3 credit when you sign up for Scott Shared Values, which is basically the company's coupon/reward service.

As these things go, it's actually pretty innocuous. Just supply your name, date of birth, gender, ZIP code, and e-mail address. You can opt out of Scott Brand mailings and third-party offers, so the resulting spam should be minimal.

Zip code required - US only? Of course, since there's no address associated with it, any 5 numbered zip might work.
  • Done and done. Thanks! Here's a link.
  • Thanks Bremble, worked great. Might try again when I get home (different IP), different email.
  • edited September 2012
    Oops. Wrong thread.
  • Ditto. But I'm not giving them my first-born, no matter how much mp3 credit they offer me.
  • edited September 2012
    Thanks, Bremble. Very timely - I got three of the tracks on Art Blakey's Free for All on Guvera the other day, but Guvera did not have the album-only track. It was, however, $1.99 rather than album-only (I wish all albums would use that approach) on Amazon, and one of the Redshift albums I just posted to the now listening thread was $3.56, so... thanks toilet paper!
  • edited September 2012
    It says September is Jazz Month over there or some such, but this caught my eye - Charlie Parker - The Complete Savoy & Dial Master Takes - 3 disc set for $5.99 ( it's $19 at eMu so this must be a decent price). I'm no Bird expert, and without being at home I honestly don't even know if I have it or not, so any opinions on this set?

EDIT - Thanks to all below for their input. Since it seems the majority of tracks are contained on the Charlie Parker Complete Dial that I already have, I will resist the urge, tempting as it is, to spring for the above.
    513OxVXD4ML._SL500_AA280_.jpg
  • I have the Dial disc (they are sold separately) and I would highly recommend it alone.
  • BDB, if you don't have those recordings, I couldn't think of a more significant jazz no-brainer. Crazy crazy not to check that box.
  • Agreed with with Karg's statement, especially if you don't have anything significant by Parker in your collection.

Plus, it's on a legit label, and not one of those copyright vultures.
  • I tried to get second code on a different computer/ISP, and Scott let me, but Amazon knows.

Craig
  • @Craig - I tried, too. Same thing. Actually, I used the same computer but a different e-mail account. Got a code, Amazon said no.
  • Dizzy Gillespie - Odyssey - another 3 disc set on Savoy - looks good too.
  • @thom

It is one per amazon account, so my daughter enjoyed the second $5.
  • My 'wife' ended up using my second $5. I had no idea she was an Ornette Coleman fan. In fact, I always thought she disliked all jazz.

Craig
  • Lester Young - complete Savoy recordings is $5.99 too.
  • Bob Dylan's new album, Tempest, is priced at five dollars until 17 Sept.
  • edited September 2012
    Tempting to use that $5 scott credit towards Tempest, but when I streamed it through iTunes, i had trouble making it through, it's such a long album. Love, love most of Dylan's stuff, but may wait for the library to get it to me.

EDIT: relistening on Spotify. Maybe it's a grower.
  • edited September 2012
    Wrong forum, sorry.
  • Do they mail you the Scott code or what? I got an email from them but no code.
  • They give it to you on the Scott page; try signing in to Scott; when I sign in my code is still there...