Amazon Daily mp3 Download Deals

1525354555658»

Comments

• is there a way to determine bit rate for Amazon songs?   Cheers
  • Ah yes...I have been forced to that a few times. I bought quite a bit from Amazon digital, but since the new music player was made the default (and only) downloader, I just quit.  
  • Plong42 said:
    Ah yes...I have been forced to that a few times. I bought quite a bit from Amazon digital, but since the new music player was made the default (and only) downloader, I just quit.  
    You don't have to use the Amazon Music App, but you have to disable it and have to download each track separately. It took a long chat with a customer service rep to figure this out after the amazon app won't work if you've uploaded too many tracks. Yeah, I don't know why either. 
  • That is probably my problem, since I tried to push the limit when the Amazon cloud opened. I am at maybe 80K at the desktop app is nearly unusable. 
  • edited March 2016
    Well, I got this one!

As to downloading, when I bought the album, I got an option to "DL the music directly to my computer" as a ZIP file, rather than through the benighted music app.

eta, Or what Craig said...
  • edited March 2016
    Thanks for the info Craig - I've been avoiding Amazon for years (not even sure why I'm reading this thread) because of a dispute with custom support over their downloader. With this info I just might give them a try again.  B)
  • Cafreema, I cannot tell you how grateful I am for telling me this. I was absolutely sick of dealing with that Amazon downloader/player. I even didn't bother to download several (cheap) samplers I had purchased. Now that I know I can download them easily, I bought several of the gigantic "Bach Guild" compilations. 
  • Happy to help!

I only found it because I had a hard drive crash and I needed to redownload a handful of things I'd gotten after my last backup.  To make sure I got everything I went to my digital purchases and my jaw hit the floor when I saw that shiny download button.

Craig
  • edited April 2016
    Will spare you the drama, but recent time spent grappling with the Amazon Music app leaves me wondering what on Earth they could be thinking. They know this thing doesn't work well and people hate it, but choose not to fix it (which they surely could).

Based on limited experience, the video streaming works pretty well - And when it doesn't, they acknowledge and correct the problem. I conclude that they're not serious about the "Music Cloud," but don't want to just cede it to iTunes. 

I'm in the Amazon Cloud, just as a cheap backup in case the house burns down. In retrospect, Google would have been the way to go.  The app has a "known issue" with large libraries...will be surprised if they ever correct it.  You can make it work if you're patient and obsessive/compulsive enough...
  • Doofy said:

I'm in the Amazon Cloud, just as a cheap backup in case the house burns down. In retrospect, Google would have been the way to go.  The app has a "known issue" with large libraries...will be surprised if they ever correct it.  You can make it work if you're patient and obsessive/compulsive enough...
    The same, though I need to get back into uploading newer music. I have an older version of my music library in Google, too. I would love to know why, if there is a reason, the app can't handle larger music libraries. 
  • The "known issue" is a direct quote from Amazon support, who also informed me there is no scheduled date to fix it. That is what prompted my conclusion that they don't care about this market. (Or in any case, not the eMuser end of the market)

I pointed out they are claiming to offer space to store 250K songs, despite the fact that their app can handle only a fraction of that. I find that is is possible to upload more recent stuff, but you have to do so manually. The app crashes regularly, but resumes uploading when reopened. It does not duplicate previously uploaded songs.
  • A good Art Blakey sampler for cheap.
  • Browsing for Google cheapies, I find this compilation called Dizzy Gillespie - Just Dizzy. Trying to assess the provenance of various tracks, I conclude that's it's a random mix of Gillespie tracks with Dizzy Reece (another jazz trumpeter) tracks. Pretty funny/ironic, given the title.
  • I just bought Prince's 1999 as a cd with free MP3 download for $3.99... Pretty good deal:

1999 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000002KY8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_cbKixbWS8HBJD
  • I am seeing a 30% off code at Google Play (US) this morning - Not sure if it will show up for everybody
  • edited August 2016
    I got a 50% off one album deal on Google Play today. 
  • Doofy said:
    I am seeing a 30% off code at Google Play (US) this morning - Not sure if it will show up for everybody
    Thanks for the heads-up Doofy!
  • Miles Davis - Bitches Brew - $1.29 (Amazon)

• Haven't looked at Amazon 'deals' much lately, but here's a good one:

Soul BrothersSoul Meeting

• Thanks for the Bitches Brew tip; my old copy is lower sound quality
  • edited November 2017
    Fifty percent sale at Nonesuch: http://store.nonesuch.com/?eml=2017November13/4176525/6011771&etsubid=39007450

ETA, I now remember from last time that the Nonesuch site is very hinky. Sale ends tomorrow
  • Speaking of ECM, Amazon US has a handful of 2017 releases for 5.99
    Bill Frisell
    Vijay Iyer
    Gary Peacock
    plus a few others

• edited January 2020
    I don't often brave the cheap albums list at Amazon, but I just made it through the first 40 pages of the '$3.99 albums' and among the remix EPs and other pop detritus found a few that might interest folk (several are ones that I already have and would recommend):
    Ryuichi Sakamoto - Comica
    Kaitlyn Aurelia Smith & Suzanne Ciani - FRKWYS Vol. 13: Sunergy (Excellent album - I play the CD often)
    Christopher Willits - Sunset
    Chihei Hatakeyama - Moon Light Reflecting over Mountains (There are several more of his at this price too; drone and gauzy ambient - here is Scene, Coastal Railroads, and Heavy Snow. Alone by the Sea is $2.99) (There are actually lots more, and they do not all come up by clicking on the artist on Amazon. For instance, Requiem for black night and earth spiders is $2.67 but did not come up under the artist's name when clicking from the other albums.)
    Jean-Michel Jarre - Waiting for Cousteau (a golden oldie! Magnetic Fields is cheap too.)
    Chihei Hatakeyama + Federico Durand - Magical Imaginary Child and Sora (Both lovely)
  • @Germanprof - Kudos for wading through the morass of tripe.  I don't do it very often and they have redesigned away features on the site that used to make it more hunter-friendly.  Miss the good old days when there were real sales and crazy ideas like that.  Haven't seen a good holiday sale in years, there or anywhere.  Remember the 7digital Christmas sales?  Owe most of my Rolling Stones and James Brown inventory to them.
  • @BigD-Bluez Yup, they seem to have worked at making it harder to find things. And at least for the things I search for, their database has become an absolute mess. Clicking on an artist’s name rarely brings up more than a small subset of the albums they have by that artist. The same album in different formats is often not cross-linked. There are increasingly multiple pages for the same album at different prices, and it is sometimes really hard to tell which edition you are being sold. It’s like emusic used to be when they still had a catalogue big enough to be hard to manage.