Amazon Daily mp3 Download Deals

Comments

• This looks like it arrived a week or so ago and is currently $0.99

51pEvpSQWxL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
  • @amclark2 - definitely a playlist worth $2.99, just in terms of songs and artists. Some as you discern may not be the original studio recordings, but many of these blues artists recorded numerous versions of songs - some of the Howlin' Wolf for instance, my cranial hard drive says are not the studio originals but Spoonful sounds like it is. Same with the Muddy songs, some are, some not. All together I'd say if you're not ass deep in blues comps already, it's money well spent for a good mess of blues.
  • It was inevitable:
    On sale for $5 today at Amazon MP3: She and Him's Volume 3 album.
  • Actually several good ones in the current $5 batch - including the inimitable Pokey LaFarge!

51n1dEMIEHL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Also the recent Yo La Tengo...New Sigur Ros for same price at 7Digital, btw.
  • Lol@ Bremble. It wouldn't be a an Amazon 100 albums for $5 without at least one volume.
  • I thought the best deal from Amazon was a 21-song retrospective from Johnny Cash: $11.49 for the MP3's, $4.99 for an auto-rip CD that also has the $1 MP3 credit available. 11.49 or 3.99 (net). Also, if you didn't want the physical CD you could sell it or donate it to your public library.

Well, today there is a sale at Amazon with CD's at $3.99 - many with auto-rip (not the Black Sabbath titles, though). The Car's Greatest Hits is $11.49 for the MP3's or $3.99 for the auto-rip CD (with $1 credit). With CD's one cannot sort by price, so it's hit or miss. These guys are tracking the sales: http://deals.kinja.com/-513991912.

Best of the bunch I've seen? Fear of a Black Planet for $3.99.
  • edited June 2013
    Nice find. I notice just about everything by the White Stripes is $3.99.

ETA: This list might help...
  • If you can detect any pattern to the labels you can use Advanced Search to narrow it down - there's a link I posted on the previous page towards the bottom about Sbme Special Markets that seems to be the outlet for a lot of older catalog - they had a lot of $3.99 and $4.99 items. I got Mountain's Nantucket Sleighride last month for $3.99 and it was the 20-bit or 24 remaster with a bonus track - better than I expected, and with Autorip - and it sounded good.
  • 100 Les Paul songs; 101 Billie Holiday songs - $3.99.

There are some other things like that (Ferlin Husky?) if you limit to $3.99 and sort by name.

There are a few things for $2.99 too; Fiona Apple, Social D. Ultimate Kenny G.
  • Am I a fool for hoping that Amazon will do a big sale this July like they did in 2012?

Interesting Canada Day discovery: the early albums of La Bottine Souriante have finally been digitally released. These are essential albums of traditional Quebecois music.
  • A fool? No way! Hope springs eternal, after all.

I certainly hope they will, too.

Although they probably won't.

Craig
  • Well or the deal won't really be a deal, i.e. $6.99 for a new album.
  • New $5 albums are by and large what you would expect...but do include the new Vieux!

51RqpPuTByL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Of course Vieux's country not in such great shape at the moment.
  • edited July 2013
    Not Amazon but 7digital US: Best of 2013 so far... for 5 bucks. Includes the new album by that guy...what's his name, one of the Kardashians.

Also the new John Scofield, which I will auto-buy to encourage them putting more jazz albums on sale. Personnel include John Medeski on organ.
  • Best of 2013 so far...
    a/k/a 10 albums they would let us sell for $5.

Craig
  • edited July 2013
    I hope you're not insinuating that Tegan and Sara's latest is not one of the best of 2013... :P
  • I've actually seen people rate it pretty highly (Stereogum had it at #24 for the first half of the year), but no. No, it is not.

Craig
  • Following the lead of a comment at eMu's board, I found that some nice size sets from Brilliant Classsics are showing up at Amazon for under $10. Unfortunately, none are the huge box sets.
  • Brilliant Classics releases of significant length (4+ hrs and a few others that are interesting), priced $5.99-8.99:

Grieg: Piano Works (7 hrs)
    Mozart: Complete Sonatas (5 hrs)
    Mompou: Complete Piano Works (4 1/2 hrs)
    Cage: Complete Music for Prepared Piano (3 hrs)
    Choral Classics: Mendelssohn (Sacred Choral Works) (9 hrs)
    De Machaut: Sacred and Secular Music (3 hrs)
    Glass: Solo Piano Music (3 hrs)
    Sibelius: Complete Symphonies and Tone Poems (7hrs)
    Czech String Quartets (15 hrs)
    Reger Collection (10 hrs)
    Choral Classics: O Magnum Mysterium (4 1/2 hrs)
    Buxtehude: Complete Harpsichord Music (4 1/2 hrs)
  • Get ready for more musty, dusty Classical: fifteen hours of Bach's harpsichord pieces for 99 cents.
  • edited July 2013
    Today's the last day to get these 100 albums for $5 each. Check back for a new batch tomorrow: http://amzn.to/1bhhsHr

Last chance!
    61ObDDwyE%2BL._SL160_.jpg
    51Z7keiS1ML._SL160_.jpg

OK, there are a lot of good ones too...
  • The Amazon "sale" this week is the new Mayer Hawthorne...for $8.99.

Craig
  • edited July 2013
    There is this Indie Rock $5.99 sale that seems to include some CDs mixed in with MP3 albums.
  • Classical Music compilations 99 cents.
  • While these $8.99 mp3 album "sales" are getting ridiculous, the Swans' The Seer is on the $5.99 sale. If you don't have it yet, that's a bargain for an incredible album. 5 bucks is my upper limit for mp3s, but it's a double disc.
  • thom - Purchased that very album yesterday. I hadn't seen it under $10 before.

Craig
  • @choiceweb0pen0
    Classical Music compilations
    "but these go to 111".
  • lol that does seem to be the logic.
  • Got a $2 Amazon MP3 e-mail voucher from Roku for having Amazon Cloud Player on the Roku - every little bit helps. I do find Cloud Player on the Roku a nice addition - when doing house stuff or just chilling it's between that and Pandora to have Good music as background.
  • edited July 2013
    My Roku box is too old to play MP3's(early adopter, I guess). Didn't stop me from getting the credit, though.