Amazon Daily mp3 Download Deals

Comments

• @mommio - I was just joking, in case you've missed the previous discussion their albums CONSTANTLY appear in the Amazon deals. I haven't listened to this one so I don't know if I'll get it. But the second one definitely wasn't as interesting to me.
  • edited May 2013
    Doofy - What I've heard so far? Real deal (assuming you, like me, looooove post punk, and I think you do if memory serves). I've been waiting for the album for months and can't wait to dive into it tonight.

Craig
  • Pitchfork has a review of it today.

I love the idea of telling the audience to put their phones/cameras away, which this band apparently does. I always wonder what people do with mostly blurry photos and video after a show. /end rant.
  • edited May 2013
    Off the top of my head, reviews have been name-dropping Gang of Four, Joy Division, and Siouxsie and the Banshees. Interest piqued.
    I always wonder what people do with mostly blurry photos and video after a show. /end rant.
    I hear you, but then again yesterday I came across this: Roy Ayers, We Live In Brooklyn, Baby, Central Park Summerstage, NYC 7-2-11
  • I've heard a lot of PiL comparisons, too.

"Husbands" at least is a phenomenal track.

Craig
  • edited May 2013
    I always wonder what people do with mostly blurry photos and video after a show. /end rant.
    If only people would restrict themselves to that. After the Joe Bonamassa show at the Fox Theater in Detroit last Friday (swanky venue, all seating) I propose a couple more instructions that should be given from the stage at all events:
    1. When the world-famous guitarist slows it down and goes into one of those achingly poignant, delicate solos of glass-like notes with pregnant pauses, that's not actually intended to give you a chance to have a loud conversation with your neighbor about what a great guitarist you think he is.
    2. If you should find it necessary to get up and climb over a whole row of people to leave the auditorium in the middle of a song, especially one with quieter stretches, and want to show you feel bad about it, apologizing to each individual (both leaving and returning) as you pass in a voice that can be clearly heard four rows away may not be your best strategy.
    I could go on. Great show, not impressed with our sector of the audience, who apparently regarded hundred dollar seats as opportunity to offer loud running commentary and get up and down for more beers every ten minutes.
    /end follow-on rant
  • She & Him Vol. 1 was just recommended to me on Amazon.

All the good jokes have already been taken.
  • I feel like it comes off as us raging on She & Him the band rather than the ridiculousness of the sales (even though that's not the case). So I will go on record that while I personally don't listen to She & Him I don't hate it and that "New Girl" is hilarious and Zooey Deschanel is truly adorkable.

Craig
  • true, Craig. I thin 100 days of summer is actually an enjoyable flick.
  • For me, the joke is about how the album(s) are always on sale/part of every sale. I think it is pleasant, inoffensive M.O.R. music, which is probably why it is popular and moves copies. She is cute as a bug, and while she would win most karaoke nights hands down, you don't often hear such a weak voice on record, even in pop.
  • edited May 2013
    This hasn't been posted previously has it? Currently $1.09.

51L9Jg2oD6L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

edit: fixed link
  • I'm starting to back away from mp3s. The fact that Amazon's "sale" this week is the new Vampire Weekend for $7.99, there's less and less savings. Give me FLAC or give me physical!
  • VW's new one is only $5 at 7digital. Since eMu won't have it, I'll probably pick it up there.
  • Thanks, anose. I was hoping that would be the case.

It seems I'm getting more and more of my new releases from 7digital. Too bad their website never works as smoothly as Amazon.

Craig
  • Amazon should be embarrassed that $7.99 is a sale for mp3's of the new VW when you can get the physical CD for $9.99.
  • They've got a live album $5.99 sale, not much of a sale at $5.99, but the Fillmore East double bill on this album cover really blew my mind -
    61zaIVdxq2L._SL500_AA280_.jpg
  • It would appear that $7.99 is truly the new $5. What a joke.

Hopefully 7digital has a reasonable price on The National and Daft Punk when they update their $5 albums later today.

Craig
  • Looks like no such luck on Daft Punk, Craig.

The National is on the list, although not yet showing the $5 price. Interesting to note they are (expensively) selling a FLAC version.

Also, Fast & Furious 6 soundtrack, so....
  • Don't forget some guy named Willy Moon!

The National is purchased via 7digital for $5.

Now...what to do with Daft Punk. May need to go to the Electric Fetus where they are giving out free Daft Punk masks with purchase:

935831_10151490842277732_1801126409_n.jpg

Craig
  • Oh man, The National's new one snuck up on me. Psyched!
  • edited May 2013
    This is where my sister-in-law is having a pre-wedding party next weekend...We assume the National will be returning to play at the event.
  • If albums are over 5 bucks, they better be in FLAC. Otherwise I'm just switching back to CDs and vinyl...
  • Here, here, thom.

When I complained via e-mail to the wife about the Amazon 'sale' for The National, she responded by saying $7.99 didn't sound bad. THAT'S why they can get away with over charging for digital files.

Craig
  • edited May 2013
    Wait...I literally just got an Amazon gift card for taking a survey like a month and a half ago. Now we're talking, Daft Punk.

Craig
  • Random Access Memories is one of those albums that has autorip and is cheaper as a CD than mp3 ($2 in fact). We have Prime so it's free shipping. Plus it gets a $1 mp3 credit for buying it on CD. I really don't understand Amazon's business model sometimes.

Craig
  • $11.99? That is one pricey MP3 Album amazon.
  • Here is a 99 cent deal, Complete Organ Works (The VoxBox Edition), played by Walter Kraft. 14 hours worth of Bach!
  • @Plong42, thank you. With those 14 hours I feel I can remove this 19 disc, $113 monster from my eMu classical SFL, Oeuvres pour orgue, which I kept checking 7digital for in case they had it for $8 or $9. It is a pretty picture though:
    600x600.jpg
  • There are some things on sale for $3.99; I got Jessie Ware. There are also some things for $2.99.
  • 101 blues songs for $2.99; I scanned through it; it sounds like original artists, maybe all or mostly live recordings. It sounded good enough to me for $2.99. BigD or other blues people have any thoughts?