Amazon Daily mp3 Download Deals

Comments

• edited February 2013
    If Gp's looking for a great hip-hop album to grab from that sale, A Tribe Called Quest's The Low End Theory fits the bill. (There are others in the sale highly regarded, but that one seems to be have the best odds.)
  • Would they please put a different A Tribe Called Quest album on sale? I really want to grab Midnight Marauders sometime, too.
  • I actually prefer People's Instinctive... to Midnight Marauders. The singles on Instinctive are just so fantastic ("Bonita Applebum", "I Left My Wallet in El Segundo", "Push it Along"). It doesn't get better than The Low End Theory though.

"My pops used to say, it reminded him of bee bop."

Craig
  • I'd like to grab Instinctive, too. The Anthology is up there for $3.99, but I'd prefer the albums.
  • edited February 2013
    There's something goin' on here but I don't know what it is.....but there seem to be an unusual number of CDs available around the $4.99 mark, but I can't suss the pattern. The fact that I don't think there is a Master Search by price for CDs as there is for MP3s is not helpful. In categories and subcategories you can arrange from Low to High but it's not a true result - it tends to be jumbled and cross contaminated. Anyhow - examples: found six Jeff Beck CDs are $4.99, actual catalog releases, there were six by The Scorpions, Band of Gypsys by Hendrix, Presence and Coda by Zep - all $4.99. At least twelve by Dylan. Might be worth a look see if you have the stamina.
    Four by Top, four by Sabbath, six by the Allmans.
  • $1.99 sale, a chance to buy Led Zeppelin's celebration Day for two bucks. Fiona Apple's latest is there, and a Frank Sinatra album (with Count Basie).
  • Got the Tegan and Sara and the Fiona Apple releases. Can't decide on Muse. I was interested in the Macklemore & Ryan Lewis because of 1 or 2 songs, but then I listened to the whole thing...
  • The Sinatra is highly recommended. I've had that CD for years. The Fiona Apple is also recommended.

I'll be grabbing the Tegan and Sara and maybe the Macklemore. I've seen them in concert twice and they put on a great show, but the songs are just meh.

Craig
  • The Sinatra is the only thing I don't have/ might want to get, mainly for a love of Count Basie.
  • I grabbed the Sinatra show, which I am enjoying right now. I had some bootlegs of these shows, a couple of Rat Pack shows as well. I am not sure if this one is sanitized, the long comedy section is mercifully free of racist remarks, the Rat Pack shows I have heard are mind-bogglingly racist. Times, they have a-changed!
  • edited February 2013
    I got the Bruno Mars album. What's funny about the Billboard 70's album is that of the 30 songs about 1/3 are precisely why I used to believe the music of the 70's sucked (especially after the 60's, but then the 80's and 90's, not to mention the 00's, made me think you know some of it was all right), a few of the songs I could take or leave, and the rest I like I already have.
    61miRkd6IdL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

P.S. You guys convinced me to give the Sinatra another look, so good job. I'm not a big fan but it's kind of a moment in time type album, and the wife loves One For My Baby.

Crikey, get me away from Amazon - I just plunked down for the Deluxe version of Something Else By The Kinks. Farewell and good night.
    Well, oops, not yet - new album from Kelly Willis & Bruce Robison - Cheater's Game is $6.99 - same price as eMu.
    The Mavericks new one, In Time, is $5 at 7digital. I saw them on TV not long ago and they really seemed to have the mojo back.
  • @Plong42 Sinatra still goes on about what a drunk Dean Martin is, though now that seems more like common knowledge and less an exaggeration, not that the whole Rat Pack didn't like to drink a little (a lot).
  • Uh oh - you know what time it is don't you? Time for another $0.99 14 hour Big Box from the Bach Guild. Oh, bother.
    61eAP%2BuedPL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
  • Unleash the Handel puns

6546384_std.jpg
  • edited March 2013
    644358_10151268955976568_1278132886_n.png
    We're celebrating Michael Bolton's entire catalog. Get his albums priced as low as $2.99 for a limited time: http://amzn.to/12kphZI
  • What is there to celebrate...
  • The fact that he got his hair cut?
  • Did he though? Could be business in the front, party in the back.
  • d51a1fe3e82239729fb015aad683bfa9190658442-1301703935-4d966cff-620x348.jpg
    Hmmmm ? - no party in the back, it seems . . .
    :-)
  • It's cascading down behind his right shoulder.
  • That's why he's always in front of a dark background.
  • Not sure where to put this, but it is an Amazon deal -- free for the Kindle today and maybe longer (but I wouldn't wait if I wanted it --

Blind But Now I See: The Biography of Music Legend Doc Watson
  • Thanks, mommio. It might be free because today would be Doc's birthday.
  • Greatest Hits on sale for $2.99, although most people around here will either (a) have all of the original albums already (on vinyl, cassette, CD and an occasional 8-track tape) or (b) would not be interested in "The very best of Hootie and the Blowfish" and the like. Still, there are a few bands there you have not paid much attention to and might like a sample disc for $3.
  • I'll be grabbing the Biggie disc. He's a guy I've never paid enough attention to.

Craig
  • They also tweeted out this $3.99 or less sale yesterday.
  • edited March 2013
    Working through the 110,000 titles in doofy's above post (well perhaps excepting the 68,000 Dance & DJ) - found this very solid 50's collection for $2.99, Rock'n'Roll & Jukebox Hits - 60 Originals From The 50's. Me, I have at least 80-90% of these already but it is a great line-up if you don't.
    I do find find I need me The Eurythmics Ultimate Collection - didn't buy much current stuff in the 80's, so that's a nice.

Ooh, and what about this?
    51oKC%2BCbShL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
    Just kidding - 12 days to drink 'til the sainted day but even that wouldn't convince me.
  • Here's an interesting one, Acoustic Routes, the soundtrack to a movie I've not heard about, but wish I had.
    61Y10Jx2toL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
  • I checked out the Acoustic Routes album above on Amazon UK, where it is £4.99. I then checked emusic, where it is £8.40, because it is 20 tracks long, which, even after bonus, works out at £4 for me. If I decide to get it, I'll download from Amazon to make better use of my credits, and avoid buying so much on a more expensive booster. Emusic isn't always the cheapest, even here.
  • I'm surprised no one flagged "The Complete '50s Concerts" by Dave Brubeck. 65 songs for $3.99? That sounds like a decent bargain to me.