Amazon Daily mp3 Download Deals

Comments

• Also at UbuWeb, albeit one track shorter.
  • It's one of the 10 releases on Eno's obscure records; wasn't that you that linked to them all on ubu? Anyway, I have it and have listened a few times, and I can't remember much about it, so for me it's not a standout for Obscure.

Now Harold Budd's Pavilion of Dreams, featuring Marion Brown, and available for $3.99, is a standout for me, and is probably one of my favorites. That's not to say that Decay Music might not grow on me.
  • Yeah, Pavilion of Dreams is tops for me as well, and on Ubu with track parity.

Not sure who originally posted but I've been feeding my ears for the past couple of months with those releases...
  • $2.99 Rock That Goes To 11 - wish I needed more of these, but there's some good 'uns if you don't have 'em. Rancho Texicali from ZZ Top is a nice best of - I got it cheap way back I guess at eMu and it makes a good listen.
    And of course there's Black, and then None More Black - two of those albums, as we've occasionally discussed, that I almost want to buy again even though I already have them.
  • Side note: From this link.
    >>>>>>>>
    In the two decades since Nielsen Soundscan started to keep track of U.S. album sales in 1991.... But until last week, they'd never seen old records outsell new ones.

The first six months of the year saw sales of 76.6 million catalog records -- industry-speak for albums released more than 18 months ago -- compared to 73.9 million current albums.

.....The top-selling catalog records of the year so far include Guns N' Roses' Greatest Hits and four records by Whitney Houston, whose canon got a boost after her death in February.
    >>>>>>>>

It can't be just a coincidence that the GnR album in question was being offered up by Google Music for $0.25 can it?
  • I thought I read somewhere that Nielson decided to stop considering anything under $3.99, but I could be wrong.
  • Amazon 9PM Eastern Time Lightning Deal will be:
    Upcoming Deal
    It doesn't get more complete than this 73-CD box set.

Wonder what it is - almost has to be classical, and it needs to be priced somewhat reasonably to begin with to be a go as a Deal, but haven't nailed anything with the magic number of 73 CDs yet.
  • it needs to be priced somewhat reasonably to begin with to be a go as a Deal

For us, that's like $10-15.
  • 51-3sQOAbOL._SS500_.jpg

Miles Davis - 10 Greatest, for the Miles Davis rookie, $2.79 for 10 tracks.
  • The 73 CD Deal - was so tired I almost forgot. Ehh, not much of a discount, really, and besides it's 71 Cd's and a CD-ROM. 2 hours left to go, but I'll pass.
    51zB5vcyvlL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
  • Today's daily deal is Rush's newest album, Clockwork Angels, for just 99 cents. Here's your chance to grab the latest release from the World's Greatest Canadian Power Rock Trio (sorry, Triumph!) for less than the cost of a 20 oz Mt. Dew.
  • They have 1,000 albums for $5 this month, too lazy to look up link. Incl the new Christian Scott, which I gott
  • The link's here. Takes a while to plough through.
  • Btw, I find my new purchase did not sync to my iPod this morning...haven't had a chance to investigate, but issue related to new Cloud update seems possible. I know the album made it into iTunes.
  • There is some really good stuff I've been looking for a sale on in the $5 list. As this is also my birth month I will likely get an Amazon gift card from my in-laws. That will be a fun day.

Craig
  • edited August 2012
    Even though I did snag one of the heavyweight mispriced boxes of all time, Archive Vol.1, I am feeling twitchy toward this lesser Neil Young box, Decade, that's in the August $5 sale. Wotsamatta me? It's just so hard to walk away from a nice priced set. Maybe I'll calm down by tonight when I get home.

If I didn't already have it I would get Black Sabbath - The Dio Years. I still like the early albums with Ozzy the best, but this is a good album for anyone (like myself) who wasn't yet ready to commit to exploring the Dio years on a deeper level. Great material here from one of hard rock's great voices.
  • 41L2pHeehKL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

99 cents. Discuss.
  • BigD-Bluez Dec 2nd 2011 edited  
    The Advent Calender is up. Maybe tomorrow or the next day I'll know who it is, but here's hoping for something good. Or the Bee Gees.
  •   Doofy Dec 14th 2011 edited  
    I realize I'm a little older than most of you guys, but...Kiss, huh? Have to say, back in the day, they would have been about last on the list of bands likely to attain musical legitimacy in three decades.

This coming from the guy who has come to appreciate the 70s sugary pop goodness of the BeeGees and even ABBA. Also once accused of being a music snob for not rocking out to Journey blasting out of the car stereo.
  •   amclark2 3 days ago  edit

There's not much that I won't try for $.99.
  • Early BeeGees is not bad, I liked Massachusetts, Edge of the Universe (not on this comp, sadly). Disco era was annoying, but strangely nostalgic now.
  • BigD, eighteen hours ago:
    Wotsamatta me? It's just so hard to walk away from a nice priced set. Maybe I'll calm down by tonight when I get home.
    The lure is out.
  • I can admit that I have some respect for the Bee Gees, even through the Disco era. If the comp had "Nights on Broadway," I would snap it up.

Overall, I find the Bee Gees music somewhat disconcerting, though, as if they never knew what an accidental was. Their songs are almost as far as one could go and still be almost entirely diatonic.
  • Jive Talkin' just came on, and sent me back to to Jr. High. Better than I remembered, but I hope no one comes into my office for the next twenty minutes or so.
  • As my music collection continues to expand with abandon, it's nice to know there are still plenty of things that are utterly untempting even at 99c.
  • edited August 2012
    it's nice to know there are still plenty of things that are utterly untempting even at 99c.

Afraid I have to second that emotion. With all due respect there are just too many songs there that are hardwired into my head from 70's involuntary exposure that I just don't need to willingly resurrect. Conversely the collection doesn't include the Bee Gees song I really, really like, To Love Somebody, which I have heard some brilliant covers of - what, it wasn't a #1?

@BT, I still haven't decided on that Neil Young. I figure since it's an August special I don't have to rush into anything - this in itself would carry a whiff of skirting the border of saturation.
  • **CD Deal** Just been listening to Let Me Tell You About The Blues:Nashville, one of those Fantastic Voyage box sets, 3 CDs - a big thumbs up for this one. Best part is that one of the New other sellers, MovieMarsCDs, has this currently for $6.04 - add the $2.98 shipping and that's still only $9.02 for a three CD set. I'm just saying......
    Does take a little longer to get this way, usually around 2 weeks, but I've gotten some sweet deals from these guys lately, no disappointments, and CD seems to be the only way to get these imports at this time.
  • As my music collection continues to expand with abandon, it's nice to know there are still plenty of things that are utterly untempting even at 99c.

Related: As I attempt to re-collect many of the comics from my childhood, I've discovered that in some instances, paying more than a dime for some of these comics just isn't worth it. If it doesn't eventually get read (or listened to), all you have is cheaply priced clutter.
  • edited August 2012
    The new artist spotlight (it was up yesterday - back to Macca today for unknown reasons) is the Grateful Dead. I checked prices today (since the spotlight swung away from them) and saw that prices were still the sale prices. Most MP3 albums are $2.99, with some higher prices (4-6) for longer Dick's picks records. I will probably not be participating, but it's a way to fill in Dead releases for a low price.

This is the only one that might have any interest to me:
    51P64Af8isL._SL500_AA280_.jpg.

Bremble
  • Amazon Instant Video deal from Amazon Local - link - $3 off purchase or rental expires 8/12.