Amazon Daily mp3 Download Deals

Comments

• Plong - they were giving a dollar back for each album you paid 1.99 for on the third, because they promoted the sale a .99
  • I was actually coming to post this voucher deal. BT is quick on the draw!

Used my voucher plus the refunds from my $1.99 purchases to get the new Killer Mike. It's getting ridiculous reviews and was exactly the amount I had to use, so I figured I should grab it.

Craig
  • Gotta wake up early to make coffee for my wife.
  • edited July 2012
    Regarding Hallmark that is not a bad thing in itself - I just think a lot of their reissues aren't a great deal. That Hank Williams comp is a good deal and a good collection - I have a CD with that cover from years ago, probably the "original", and I'd say git it!
    Interesting, I have the CD with the album cover from the Google sale page with a Universal Motown label, but it looks like all the same songs.

The Ella Fitzgerald Best of the Songbooks albums is a good one too, if you're not going to buy the best of box or the whole series.
  • For $2.99 today you can get Alabama Shakes. If you don't know them, check them out on yourtube or somewhere. The lead singer has an amazing soulful voice.
  • I second that Alabama Shakes Album. Still one of my favorite albums this year after many listens.
  • That Ryan Adams box is back up - it's now $108.49. Really only for the hardcore fans now.
  • they were giving a dollar back for each album you paid 1.99 for on the third, because they promoted the sale a .99
    Maybe not because I didn't buy anything at $1.99 and I just now discovered that on 07/05 I got a $3 voucher. (I don't check that inbox often.)
  • Oh well, missed that one. Can't get 'em all. Anyone else notice that the last couple daily deals have dropped down to $2.99 again? Maybe they finally realized that $6 mp3 albums are not really a deal. But beware, the one today has too much music...
  • Holy crap. 111 original rock hits for $2.99? Ummm...that IS too much music! I bought it but I'm sure I'll be disappointed because I am a rock 'n roll fan.

Craig
  • Oh what a burden to have to plow through so many samples to see if they're originals - actually so far I think most are. The Carl Perkins songs are not - they're from one of his 70's or 80's albums I'd say - I think there was some licensing issue prompted him to re-record those.
  • edited July 2012
    These live recordings by Bell X1 are available now from Itunes, but Amazon says they will have the album on 7/20. I hope they'll have a great price on it, as the tracks available for streaming now on that Bell X1 page are very nice. Hard to know what emu will do.
  • Here's a $2 code good until Friday 11th: HEARTMP3
  • edited July 2012
    Thanks. And wow. Only just spent the $3 one. And the $10 from emusic before that. Got 3 albums with those. Then there were the 5 albums for .99 each, not all listened to yet. The extent to which providers of music are willing to pay me to buy their products is gratifying but at times bordering on bemusing. Maybe they have found that most folk who get a $2 credit buy a $8 album with it. If that's so, then long may they do so.
  • edited July 2012
    And now Amazon collects taxes for purchases made in Texas. D'oh.
  • edited July 2012
    This week's theme for the $2.99 albums is Country, though it's mostly shallow Nashville Sound. Among them I would only recommend Don William's comeback, which I would describe as a sensitive and thoughtful stroll through '70s Country Music.

However, there are a number of $2.99 albums under Alternative and Rock that aren't too shabby: Arcade Fire, Fleet Foxes, Wild Flag, M83, Explosions in the Sky, Low, Yeasayer, Dirty Projectors, etc.
  • Holy smokes, both the rock and alternative sales have many great choices for albums I've been meaning to get.
  • Hey, She & Him is on sale!
  • Can't have a sale without those two!
  • Aesop Rock's brand new Skelethon is $3.99.

51B4JKh20wL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
  • Willie Nelson - The Complete Atlantic Sessions , 61 tracks for $2.99, with some live at the Texas Opry House tossed in for good measure.
  • Aesop Rock's brand new Skelethon is $3.99.

Sold!

Craig
  • edited July 2012
    518tnIR5L8L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

$0.99
  • I picked up the new Dirty Projectors' "Swing Lo Magellan" for $3.99 after giving it spin on Spotify. It's still at that price today.
  • The Bach Guild is doing 13 hours of Mahler? I am not sure the union will approve if this.
  • This week's theme for the $2.99 albums is Country, though it's mostly shallow Nashville Sound.

But now there's Buck Owens - 21 #1 Hits: The Ultimate Collection Whoo-dogies!
  • It probably goes without saying, but...Thank you all for sharing! This has been quite a few good days on Amzn. The two discount codes made already inexpensive albums (Alabama SHakes and Aesop Rock) absolute no-brainers to get. And that WIllie Nelson box - $2.99? - are you kidding me? And special thanks to Plong for vetting a lot of free samplers on the "free" thread. Ultimately I think I spent about $5 total for a ton of new stuff.
  • @Rudie, Amazon has worn me out lately. I am listening tot he Mahler "BIg Box" which I suppose ought to have been 99 cents, but was free thanks to their promo. Tons of music for very little cash.
  • Metric's new album is $2.99 today. Back to more familiar deal prices for now.
  • The new Metric is highly recommended.

Craig