I love twitter

Comments

• edited June 2013
    Well, part of it shows up here (one ear, the mouth, the knot in the tie and one partial suspender). Enough that I recognized it on twitter.
  • Yeah, it's a small part of the picture, but for some reason I've only been able to see a blank space there for the last few weeks. I can see other people's avatars (although not all, I can see jonahpwll, but not GP). It's weird.

Craig
  • edited June 2013
    No problems here.
    619440ee-ac68-4cec-85c2-ec9396ebe2b7.png images_users_Brighternow_-_2009113051853562_w_145_h_145_m_crop_a_center_v_top.gif
  • I'm only able to see mine, BN's, and Doofy's avatars (on this page).
  • Hmm, now that you mention it I can't see mine either, though I can see Craig's. @Rudie, was also interested to discover, or I think maybe be reminded, that you are the trapezoid.
  • Interesting. And here I just thought some of you were too lazy to use avatars. I see craig, jonah, doofy, bn, and "image hosted by tripod) for choice!
  • @thom I do need to host that image somewhere else
  • My wife is going tweet her adventures as a mommy during the first summer vacation following kindergarten: @beanandgoobs

On this page, I can see icons for BN, Doofy, Jonah, Choice, Thom and Craig; but out of the ones I can't see, only GP and NankerP have blank spots where an icon should be.
  • Not Twitter but Facebook...!
    Hey members! As a thank you for being part of the community, we're giving $10 in credit to every eMusic subscription member who participates in our Facebook discussions this weekend. Comment on or share one of our posts from Friday-Sunday (6/21-6/23), then message us with your account's email address by Monday at 9am EDT and we'll credit your account within 24 hours.
    (Credits must be used before 6/30/13. Only one $10 credit per participant.)

Good to see a free-credit offer, first one for a while...
  • Thanks, Doofy, once again my emusers subscription delivering excellent value for money!
  • This was perfectly timed for me, with all the new jazz stuff. There was the Record Store Day one in April, so maybe they will start occurring more often. Now I just need the credit to post!
  • Well I think I have a visible icon again. I think I must have used a now defunct picture uploading service for the original one. And I now can't find the picture. So I made a new one.
  • Well. I missed that one! No Facebook account, but even if I did have one I'd have still missed it as we had grandchildren here most of the weekend, so I didn't even get near to logging into emusers! Shame I could have done with an extra £10 to catch up on the Mali Top 25... oh well, win some, loose some
  • I see GP's and Caf's avatars now.
  • edited June 2013
    Wow, got the $20 credit suddenly given to folk who post on the message board (a nice surprise, in some ways only fair remuneration for the effort at times invested in amelioration there) AND the $10 Facebook credit. And I have to spend it all by the end for tomorrow, because after that I'll be out of the country until after it expires. Sudden thought needed. Might be a good opportunity to grab a few albums that were offending me by their high price.
    ETA, I was going to grab some of the remaining Charles Lloyd albums that I don't have...but am so much enjoying listening to the box set on CD that the argument is gaining ground in my head that I don't even want to buy his stuff on MP3.
  • Yo, Cafreema. I think your twitter account has been hacked. You should go and change the password.

Cheers.
  • Yeah, I got a weird email from you too.
  • edited September 2013
    I just got an email from Dave Seidel (Mysterybear) who told me that mine was hacked.

I can't see signs of that anywhere, It looks pretty much as it's supposed to.

I have changed my pw anyway.

ETA: Oooops, it was actually a direct message from Dave.
  • I just received a DM from Dave,
    It seems like the hacker is sending DM's with Phishing links from my account.
  • I just got a DM from Craig with a link to a site telling me how much I could make as a housewife working from home...
  • Yeah, that happened yesterday and the password was already changed. Thanks for the heads up, though!

Craig
  • I wasn't sure where to post this, but since I put it on Twitter I'll use this thread! This Charming Charlie is a brilliant mash up of Peanuts cartoons and Smiths lyrics. Thought some of you might enjoy it.
  • edited October 2013
    This is fun !
    - thanks . . .
    tumblr_mre460SMyn1seji43o1_500.png
  • edited October 2013
    Interesting - I had heard this Tumblr was yanked due to copyright complaints. But now I see there's this:
    tumblr_mtlhx8yB5A1seji43o1_500.png
    Yay, lawyers!
  • Plus, Morrissey came out as a fan of This Charming Charlie, so Universal is barking up the wrong tree here.

Craig
  • Indeed, they seem to be missing an oppty to steal her ideas and sell some t-shirts--! Although I guess they'd never get the OK from the syndicate/Schulz estate, who can sell merchandise just fine on their own
  • FWIW It's name is also close to chain of Jewelry trinket stores Charming Charlie's
  • edited October 2013
    Anybody else having trouble with Twitter this morning? I am being asked to create a new password, yet not receiving the reset e-mail. LMK if anybody sees spam or other weirdness coming from me (@doofycomics)

Meanwhile, as mentioned by Craig above, Morrissey saves 'This Charming Charlie' Tumblr from Universal's bullying
    In a statement given to Morrissey fan site True to you, the artist says he is "delighted and flattered by the Peanuts comic strip with its use of Morrissey-Smiths lyrics," adding that he "hopes that the strips remain." Without Morrissey's support, it would be difficult for Universal to file a full lawsuit against the strip. This Charming Charlie creator Lauren LoPrete has now informed the world that the label has decided to not pursue things further, with her lawyer adding that Morrissey's "generous approval removes any litigation threat."
  • Doofy - no problems with Twitter for me.

One more note on This Charming Charlie, if you read the attorney letters they posted on the site the attorney throws in occassional Smiths quotes in his arguments.
  • I haven't had any issues, but it looks like amclark2 has been hacked.

Craig