Could this Be the Worst Album in the History of the World?

Comments

• edited August 2013
    Of course "Rocky" has other connotations altogether.

"Rocky Boat Cruise":

Costa-Concordia-runs-agro-007.jpg
  • I actually heard an album recently on Spotify with really interesting music, and I told people I could listen to it if it weren't for the voice, and particularly for the completely obnoxious things he was saying. It was called Yeezus, by someone named Kanye West. For instance (but this is far from the only thing that is obnoxious) he uses the n-word a lot.
  • I tried to make the worst album in the world once, The Chilling Sounds of Air Conditioners, which consists entirely of air conditioner noise. Turned out the damn thing was excellent for blocking out distracting noises while working, or for folks who need to sleep in the day.
  • I'd take a copy of it.
  • Well, OK...
    300x300.jpg

But...but...
    300x300.jpg
  • 51s33PV3g0L._SL500_AA280_.jpg
    Most Helpful Customer Reviews
    5.0 out of 5 stars The greatest feline composer of his generation March 21, 2010
    Keyboard Cat's music exists somewhere between the melodic genius of Chopin and the surf-pop movement of the 1960's. The album begins with the relatively accessible "Play Him Off", a natural first choice that will draw those less familiar with Fatso's work into his strange world. The drums, stunningly original in form, have all the crunch and groove of anything produced by the great contemporary beatsmiths such as Timbaland or Dr. Dre. A subtle "hiss" deliberately pervades the recording, an artistic decision that adds to the lo-fi charm of this record. Aside from the creative production values, it's always been melody that sets Fatso apart from his contemporaries and "Greatest Hits!" brings together some of his most poignant and thought provoking compositions to date. The album is performed with such virtuosity, it's hard to believe the self-taught Keyboard Cat was born without opposable thumbs. Like all great artists, Fatso explores the boundaries of his limitations and the resulting output is truly groundbreaking.

2.0 out of 5 stars disappointed June 15, 2013
    Had I known I was paying a $ buck for a twenty seven second tune I wouldn't have bought it''waste of money the origal version I bought on Google plays market was better and had two versions unhappy:(
  • (i) Hilarious that someone bought this at two different outlets and was then unhappy.
    (ii) This is just begging to become one of those Amazon literary meme review pages like the ones for those expensive audio cables.
  • I now see that Keyboard Cat is mentioned in a post upthread by Nereffid. So he is not only on top of the best in new Classical recordings, but also jokey junky novelty mp3's.

Btw, I find this stuff in the course of checking for cheap new/recent jazz releases, which I am successful in finding. Particularly pleased to snap up the Hamid Drake/William Parker collab...I saw them this year at Jazz Fest, in a performance consisting of 45 minutes of full-throttle free-jazz blowing.

51%2B%2BAa%2BUH5L._SL500_AA280_.jpg
    41AGOndyxAL._SX300_.jpg
  • Thank you for posting that Doofy. That first review gave me my huge laugh for the day.

Actually, I wonder if it's lifted from Pitchfork?
  • 600x600.jpg

Concept album.
  • Adam, Benjamin, Samuel, Ryan, and...Callum?

Craig
  • edited October 2014
    Why does "Adam" take one second less to sing than "Ryan"?
    Also, it adds to the horror to note that the 6 above is not the birthday number, it's volume 6 of this album...
    And the label is called Mediadix....!
  • edited October 2014
    Coincidentally, came across this country music review/rant: Florida Georgia Line’s “Anything Goes” is the Worst Album Ever
    In a word, this album is bullshit. Never before has such a refined collection of strident clichés been concentrated in one insidious mass. Never before have the lyrics to an album evidenced such narrowcasted pseudo-mindless incoherent drivel. Never before have such disparate and diseased influences been married so haphazardly in a profound vacuum of taste, and never have all of these atrocities been platooned together to be proffered to the public without someone, anyone with any bit of conscience and in a position of power putting a stop to this poisoning of the listening public.

Etc. I am unfamiliar with Florida Georgia Line and their oeuvre.
  • 600x600.jpg

All the demonic cat pictures on the Internet and this is the best they could do?
  • 600x600.jpg
    If god is real, then why does he allow such horrible things to happen?
  • edited February 2015
    Doofy: Dystheism
  • hqdefault.jpg

Mike Van Kool go home ! !
  • Oh, good lord. I forgot all about Mike van Kool.

Craig
  • a2203253587_2.jpg

Who was the other guy who had a hundred amateur songs on Amie Street? No, not Prose in Rosette, the other guy.
  • edited February 2015
    OMG ! Prose in Fucking Rosette . . .

- The other guy ? - can't remember - Frogkopf, where are you ?

NP, the only Kool album in my library:
    The+Beatles+My+Way+AlbumArtLarge.jpg

I still regret calling him "the Florence Foster Jenkins of the 20.th century" on Amie, that was a mean thing to do.
    - He shortly after removed everything from Amie Street.

ETA: My goodness ! - he has stolen the cover from a book

ETA2: I am now officially the top Kool listener on Last.Fm !
  • edited April 2015

Although could be the best album ever.  I actually downloaded a White Noise app for my phone when sleeping in  a noisy motel room last year.

New at eMu, where it is classified under Jazz/Easy Listening
  • edited April 2015
    Love the old-fashioned cover!

Here's an interesting site (and cheaper for many of the sounds).
  • edited April 2015
    My goodness,  it sounds just like recorded tinnitus . . .
    - Yeah, nice cover.
  • Was the other band TKW Band? I was briefly fascinated with that guy. I don't think I ever got any of the Mike Van Kool. There was some sort of DJ ish guy too I feel like.
  • edited April 2015
    I think you are right,

I can't find anything in my library.
  • A couple of familiar listeners at http://www.last.fm/music/Crimson+Razorback   

As to white noise, my cousin's husband apparently can't sleep without his big old box fan.  Takes it along whenever he travels, occasioning some merriment at family gatherings.  To be fair, they have 4 young kids, so he probably needs all the sleep he can get.
  • edited June 2015

(I note also that the Red Army Choir's release of the Carmina Burana, going by the samples, successfully conveys what that work would sound like sung by Soviet soldiers in stiff unsmiling rows and tight uniforms).
  • successfully conveys what that work would sound like sung by Soviet soldiers in stiff unsmiling rows and tight uniforms).
    Yeah ?

Red Army Choir - Happy

Why miss an opportunity to post my favourite RAC track: . . . :-)

Red Russian Army Choir & Leningrad Cowboys - Delilah