What are you listening to right now? (part 4)

Comments

• 41W9%2BaQZXDL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Thanks Johanpwll, I am really enjoying it so far
  • @greg, that albums is a fair departure for Bibio but is honestly a fantastic one.

5181vybC-WL._SS500_.jpg
    (url=>amz)
  • 51CVyek8yaL._SS500_.jpg
    (url=>amz)

This morning is on a good course.
  • foot030.jpg
    Moroza Knozova - 1300000 Ice Dishes - [Bumpfoot, foot030] (January 21, 2007)

- Excellent Russian IDM. . .
  • edited March 2011
    300x300.jpg
    Burning Off Impurities by Grails
    post-rock with a psychedelic edge maybe? I like it better than their more recent ones. Very moody.
    [Edit] 'Silk Road' is quite brilliant. Bursting with energy.
  • edited March 2011
    3520719431-1.jpg

Excellent "Explotions in The Sky 'ish" instrumental post rock.
    (NYP @ BC)

Edit: Oh Man ! ! !
  • edited March 2011
    @amclark2, how are you enjoying that series?

51mYa4ZBoHL._SS500_.jpg
    (url=>amz)

Brilliant!
  • edited March 2011
    1172077650-1.jpg

edit: it took me a while to remember what this reminds me of - but it's the Microphones.
  • Fairly new @ Emusic:

300x300.jpg
    Banksville Records 2010.
  • Just finished playing whilst driving home from work

61qhmaftvwL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Now already playing

Bellowhead-Matachin.jpg
  • 300x300.jpg

Reminded by last week's Walter Bishop III release that there is lots of good jazz on Criss Cross.
  • 300x300.jpg

So a while ago I bought some cdr-s and they came with a five song credit from Sony's own download service, and I sat on them forever because I couldn't think of any 5 random Sony songs I wanted, but then I checked the site and it turns out that even though long tracks are album only, you can still get the whole album at a 1 track to 1 credit ratio, so I got this, and really love it way more than I've ever liked Miles Davis's fusion stuff. Is this fusion or just funk? Well so the moral of the story is if you have those Sony credits sitting around, try looking for albums with just a few tracks. Then I used my leftover credit to get More Than a Feeling by Boston.
  • 3520719431-1.jpg
    Thanks, Brighternow. Indeed, one of the more faithful EITS emulations. Some nice tracks.
  • edited March 2011
    300x300.jpg

- Old school punk. ('ish)
  • edited March 2011
    exp015.jpg?cnt=0
    Mosca - Fire and Insurrection
    Ambient loops. Free at the archive.
    [Edit] a little slow to get going, but has a nice narrative arc in the end.
  • edited March 2011
    032d1b200623.jpg
    Parametric - Panuec
    Electronic. Dubby. Cool. Free.
  • evrlogo.png EVR was on all day. Then I listened to jason-the-scorchers_sq.jpg?t=1298474801&s=1 Jason and the Scorchers at NPR

Currently playing

afm022_thetranisters-undercontrol.jpg?cnt=0
    The Transisters - Under Control
    (=>archive.org) Creative Commons License
  • edited March 2011
    600x600.jpg
    courant.air is the continuation of a body of work intertwining instrumental and electronic music following the acclaimed 2004-2008 work les arbres (Mention, Prix Ars Electronica 2009).
    The mixture this time is more edgy : a rich and complex electronic sound composition alongside the folk inspired guitar played by Simon Trottier (member of the extraordinary haunted blues band Timber Timbre). After 2 albums of improvised folktronica with Simon Trottier, Nicolas Bernier decided to explore that singular mixity further in a formal compositional context. This time, Trottier is interpreting the music written and scored by Bernier.
    Conceptually, the piece is wind powered. Wind as a constructive/destructive agent. Wind as an agent of travel (oh! the sailing ships of Jacques Cartier). Wind as a propulsion engine of particles in constant movement in the air. Wind as noise. Wind is sound. Wind and music are Invisible.
    courant.air was realized between August 22, 2008 and June 2010 in the composer’s personal studio as well as the Banff Centre. The work was commissioned by Réseaux (movements 1 and 8) and by New Adventures in Sound Art (2,3 and 7) with financial support for the Canada Council for the Arts. The movements 4,5 and 6 we’re realized with the support of Conseil des arts et des lettres du Québec.
    Ahornfelder 2010.
    - Awesome !
  • @Brighternow - that one's nearing the top of my SFL.
  • edited March 2011
    artworks-000001923060-xk6l7n-original.jpg?4fb7bc

This has been getting lots of comparisons to Animal Collective, by I hear more of a lo-fi Paavoharju. The first and last tracks are epic. Free at Soundcloud.
  • edited March 2011
    516R1t14uoL._SS500_.jpg

I love this double CD collection from John Williams, the British classical guitarist (not the American film score composer). Predominantly in the classical style, but other genre included, all played accoustically. So soothing....
This discussion has been closed.