What are you listening to right now? (part 4)

Comments

• 51PXSmilEBL._SS400_.jpg

@greg, Hope you like it!
  • 51WFwVTwzvL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

"Earth and Air and Rain"

BTW, this album is still 99 cents.
  • 51w0d2Y3qQL._SS500_.jpg
    (url=>amz)

This album ruled my stereo at the turn of the century.
  • edited March 2011
    3017736869-1.jpg
    Rural Route No. 5 by The Gentleman Losers

I think I'm going to be returning to this one for quite some time - just beautiful.

Then:
    3932710569-1.jpg

Nice too - thanks someone, way back up some thread or other...ah, the search says amclark2!
  • @BT - Reminds you of Nostalgia 77 and is FREE? I'm there...

@elwood - It took me way too long to finally pick up that Tosca.

41gMvdRuTsL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
    There is such a disconnect between his earlier work and the brilliant Swim that I forget how great it was...
  • 300x300.jpg

Daniel I could see you liking this one if you don't have it.
  • 3470348967-1.jpg
    (url=>bandcamp)

Reminds me of the intersection between middle-era Hooverphonic and Nostalgia 77 Octet. Recommended. Thanks BT!
  • edited March 2011
    41%2BV0l9GB6L._SL500_AA280_.jpg
    I think I'm in love...
    ________
    Added by Dr. Mutex: Yelle playlist on YouTube
  • edited March 2011
    3103741180-1.jpg
    (url=>bandcamp)

A freebie passed along to me by Flamgirlant on Twitter. Pillowy synths, ethereal vocals, and boom bap rhythms. Solid and recommended. Sort of like Sneaker Pimps produced by Ammoncontact.
  • edited March 2011
    Colin Stetson, Live Bass Saxophone solo

13 min. NPR video, - Excellent !
  • 51l49xvqZvL._SS500_.jpg
    (url=>amz)

Spacey and spiritual jazz.
  • - And then over to some serious headbanging:

600x600.jpg

- Free @ eMu.
  • That one's free at amazon too, for those who are no longer with emu.
  • edited March 2011
    300x300.jpg
    Glad I got this for a dollar or so on Amie rather than $12 at emu.
  • 61uNrpwlr8L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

514FmqcYxCL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

More 89 cent singles from Kning Disk.
  • 4252082258-1.jpg
    fluorescene began as one 2 minute long field recording of a dying fluorescent light in december of 08 - that was later recomposed into one 28 minute orchestrated movement of tone in may of 2009.
    OK, I admit, this is not the most essential Jason Corder release; this one's pretty much for drone fans and completists, I'd say. But the free EP that you get with it is nice.
  • edited March 2011
    212207_small.jpg?t=11_02_18__09_34_05
    Tim Hecker - Live @ La Sala Rossa
    (February 10. 2011 / Montreal)

- Lovely ! - Thanks Craig.
  • edited March 2011
    600x600.jpg
    Belong - October Language - (Carpark 2006)
    "Very much in the vein of Fennesz and others carrying the torch of guitar experimentation from Kevin Shields, Belong's debut record isn't a series of recordings made to be played piece by piece at random intervals. October Language is very much an album designed to be listened to from start to finish; slowly evolving and unraveling one sheet of distorted guitar textures over another until there's simply no room left to cram in much more. But what sets Belong apart from the rest of their classmates in the school of Shields is their attention to detail. Distinct but melodic passages swell up from out of nowhere and then gradually fade into the static and whirls of feedback and sound; small fragments that appear early on in the lineup make returns later on (with close and active listening). And while fans can pine away and wait for that next My Bloody Valentine release (if there ever is one), there are thankfully instances like October Language that make the prolonged wait immensely more enjoyable."
    -AMG.
    - Listening to this for the first time in years. . . OMG !
    (A "must check out" for Fennesz fans)

ETA:
    belong.jpg
    "Creating glorious sonic landscapes from dense sheets of guitar-generated noise, Belong are a collaboration between guitarist Michael Jones and producer Turk Dietrich (the latter is also a member of Benelli with Joshua Eustis of Telefon Tel Aviv). Drawing influences from My Bloody Valentine, Brian Eno's ambient music, and composer William Basinski, Belong came together in 2002, when Jones and Dietrich started discussing likeminded musical ideas, and in 2004 they began working up material in Dietrich's home studio. Inspired by the symbiotic beauty and decay of their hometown of New Orleans, Belong slowly crafted their debut album, October Language, and released the finished product in early 2006 as their city was still coming to grips with the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina (as their label, Carpark Records, said in a press handout, "October Language might be the only record you'll hear from New Orleans this year"). Following the release of October Language, Jones and Dietrich took Belong on the road in the United States and Europe; a second album from the duo is anticipated in 2007."
    - Allmusic
  • edited March 2011
    @brighternow
    We’re sorry. This album is unavailable for download in your country (United States) at this time.
  • @ Gp. . .
    Really ? - What a shame, its Gorgeous !
This discussion has been closed.