Upgrade coming

Comments

• eythian said:
    The Emusers search worked like a dream before the upgrade.
    Seaching Canadian music centre without "" would first pick full match and subsequently partial match.
    That's because I had installed an addon that changed how it worked, and that hasn't been reinstalled yet.
    Alas, https://github.com/bauerjj/SphinxSearchPlugin/issues/24 means the nicer search won't work at the moment.

•  @eythian
    Just in case it would be useful for you to know . . .

This pops up occationally but doesn't seem to affect anything:

• Thanks for the heads up. It looks like it was getting a bit too close to its limits, I've given it a bit of wiggle room for now, but I think when I'm back from holiday next week I'll have to add a bit more disk.
  • edited April 2018
    Thanks, and you are welcome . . .
    My best wishes for a pleasant holiday B)

I keep my fingers crossed and hoping that the lost Firefox functions will eventually return.
    - ATM I'm using 2 browsers, FF for posting and resizing and Crome for linking.
  • Ta. I'll be in Prague :)
  • Ah ! . . . the city of:
    Relateret billede
     :p 
  • ^^^^BEER^^^ And many more interesting beers though P.U. is a good staple. (Which is one up on Budvar which is in turn 100x better than the sanitized USA Budweiser who really should get their bottom spanked in court.) Had a nice time on less than legal brandy at a bar in the market late into the night once. Also The Hippo pub near the parliament building is a great place for several drinks with lunch (if you like pickled Herring with smelly home cured cheese, strong mustard and raw onion with your bread and beer. This really for @eythian.
  • @djh thanks, recommendations welcome! Had a few PU earlier today, now on Czech craft beer. Tomorrow is sightseeing and more beer :) will check out your suggestions in the next few days!
  • @eythian Hope you had a great time regardless of finding The Hippo etc.
  • edited May 2018
    Just a heads-up, I'm probably going to moving the server to a new IP (hosting provider changes) this evening, euro time. You might notice things behaving weird when this happens. If so, just come back about an hour later and it'll probably be fine.
  • Oh bother, I'm going to have to coordinate this with @xtrev. Depending, there may be actual downtime.
  • Best of luck. Any downtime will be spent in a bar and/or recovering from same.
  • So, I'll have to wait until I hear back from @xtrev before I do anything. My deadline is the end of the month, so it's not so pressing.
  • This migration will happen tonight. Roughly now. Things might be shaky for the next hour or two.
  • eythian said:
    This migration will happen tonight. Roughly now. Things might be shaky for the next hour or two.
    Normal reality should now have resumed. Any problems you're continuing to experience are hopefully your own :)
  • You know the drill, software update happening sometime soon this afternoon. May be a bit of weirdness during it.
  • eythian said:
    You know the drill, software update happening sometime soon this afternoon. May be a bit of weirdness during it.
    Done.
  • for a heartbeat, I thought (was hoping) this was a message from eMusic …..
  • stewrat said:
    for a heartbeat, I thought (was hoping) this was a message from eMusic …..
    Sorry, I don't have access to upgrade their systems :)
  • eythian said:
    eythian said:
    You know the drill, software update happening sometime soon this afternoon. May be a bit of weirdness during it.
    Done.
    Thank you very much . . . That didn't hurt a bit. :)

- No detectable weirdness in my end.
  • eythian said:
    eythian said:
    Done.
    Thank you very much . . . That didn't hurt a bit. :)

- No detectable weirdness in my end.
    It's nice when that happens :) Thanks.
  • Many thanks eythian
  • Many Thanks for here as well
  • It's that time again, you know the drill. Some hopefully minimal downtime in the next hour or so.
  • OK, belay that. It turns out my server's disk is 95% full. I'm surprised backups even work. I've added more disk, but it'll take more time than I want to spend tonight migrating the database over to it. So I'll do it another evening.
  • edited March 2019
    Thank you very much for your continous support . . .  :)

Maybe I should have made a note about this showing up quite a number of times recently ? :

- or something similar  (copy from upthread)

I trust you will let us know if there's anything we can do in our end.
  • Ah yes, that'll definitely be related. I managed to free up a little space so maybe that'll stop happening. But really it needs me to move where the database lives, which is probably only half an hour's work, all going well. Will keep you posted.
  • Once again, eythian, thank you for doing all you do to keep us running
  • You are really appreciated for what you do
  • eythian said:
    Ah yes, that'll definitely be related. I managed to free up a little space so maybe that'll stop happening. But really it needs me to move where the database lives, which is probably only half an hour's work, all going well. Will keep you posted.
    Thanks also from Sunny South London, all your efforts greatly appreciated (and the helpful/peaceful nature of the rest of the community here)!