What are you listening to right now? (15 Flies in the Marmalade)

Comments

• edited August 2016
    rostasi said:
    Noah CreshevskyHyperrealist Music, 2011-2015

Oh yes ! - It reminds me about my:

Noah Creshevsky - Weird Music For Connaisseurs . . .

Thread.

"Imagine all the world's instruments, musicians and hemispheres lashed together into a giant mega-calliope, super-jukebox, or fantasmo-sampler. As called to action by a hyper-caffeinated virtuoso, it might sound something like these works by Noah Creshevsky."
    --Arved Ashby, Gramophone.

• edited August 2016
    Well, I haven't had much time for album listening as I have an ongoing battle with the slugs that having been invading the garden at night. It's raining right now so here's a chance to catch up on the SFL I've downloaded. 

Credits

Notes

Recorded from July 1977 to April 1978 in Tuchan (Aude, France). 
    From Discogs

ps- not the most exciting listen, but good for exploring. 
  • edited August 2016

The Stranger - Watching Dead Empires in Decay
    -something for a rainy morning

ps- Thanks Bn, Terrific. The rain stopped so I'm headed out to garden.
  • Also dronescapes.
    You could spend a lot of time here.
  • edited August 2016
    @rostasi, yes, I do from time to time, and have enjoyed some Cousin Silas material and some Simon Slator. There is an older release on that label by emptywhale, called Some Hollow Lullabies, recommended on here many moons ago by Bad Thoughts I believe, that is very worth a listen.

NP: Cyril Secq & Orla Wren - Branches

i have no memory of acquiring this (one more reason why I am on hold at emusic) - maybe someone on here recommended it? If so, thanks, it's very nice. I see it is on Dronarivm - I am usually doing the recommending there, so maybe I recommended it to myself. Who knows.
  • Talk Talk - It's My Life

David Sylvian - Secrets of the Beehive

David Bowie - Heathen

• Mammal Hands - "Floa"

It's a big step up from their debut, which was fine, okay, but, y'know, whatever.  Their sophomore release, definitely not whatever.  I mean, it still is what it is, what they are, but the sophomore release is a bright vivid image to their debut's ghost of an idea.

On Bandcamp - https://mammalhands.bandcamp.com/

• Well, another wet morning here.

Wyndel Hunt - Oblivion

• from Bandcamp

PAS were Amber Brien, Michael Durek, 

Jon Worthley, Robert L. Pepper. 
    Artwork by Patrick Glassel 
    Produced and Mastered by Robert L. Pepper 

PAS are back with a new full length CD, 'Flanked By Women and Pumpkins' (ALRN031). These 12 new, textured and experimental audio collages were developed during the year 2011 and are now finalized in cd form. 

'Flanked By Women and Pumpkins' (ALRN031) was formed and influenced by PAS's April/May 2011 tour, which included their performances at the CoCArt Music Festival in Torun, Poland. 

Taking a more personal approach, field recordings (the sound of school children and animals) are now more frequent in this release. These recordings, act as an additive texture, enhancing a variety of multilayered and electroacoustic sounds. 

Adding to this engulfing, aural journey, 'Flanked By Women and Pumpkins' (ALRN031) includes a spur of the moment improv jam with Philippe Petit (recorded at HATI’s studio in Poland) as well as a collaborative track titled 'Volker Goes to Spain' with EHEIM 1000.220.

released April 2, 2012 
  • edited August 2016

from Discogs, Bandcamp, FMA,
    also Bandcamp
    PAS Musique are back with their new "Abandoned Bird Egg" release. 12 new multi layered tracks explore experimental beats with eastern percussion and dark synth soundscapes. "Abandoned Bird Egg" refers to the forgotten relation to nature and to the internal self that humans have distanced themselves from in modern society. 12 new tracks explore meditative compositions through the use of repetition, beats, and field recordings.
    released July 22, 2013 

• edited August 2016

from Bandcamp

Blue Sausage Infant is 
    Chester Hawkins: synths, oscillators, bass, 
    lapsteel, rhythm machines, guitar, voice, 
    wood flute, zither, ukulele, edits, 
    toys, etc 

with guests 
    Jeff Barsky: guitar (track 8) 
    Daniel Euphrat: guitar (track 4) 
    Jason Mullinax: drums, fire extinguisher (track 4, 8) 
    Jeff Surak: electronics, turntable bacon shortwave (track 3) 
    Chris Videll: electronics, bells, gongs, beer glass (track 9) 

Following the long-form kosmische excursions of 2011’s 'Negative Space', Blue Sausage Infant’s new CD recalls the ruthless energy and shorter attention span of BSI’s cassettes from the 1980s. 'Manitou' is a wild ride: a patchwork of huge analog drones, mutant caffeinated space-punk, musique concrete, krautrock-style jams, distorted industrial stomp, and deep electronic mind 
    candy. This collection includes a new remake of the classic BSI track 'The Moss Takes Over' which first appeared in the 1990 cassette “Infinite Sky.” Guest musicians include members of Insect Factory, Pilesar, Violet, Tag Cloud, and Timmy Sells His Soul. The result is an hour-long celebration of reckless improvisation and joyful nightmares.
    released April 30, 2012
  • Omega Path - Trancefigure

• Arthur Doyle - Alabama Feeling

• from Bandcamp
    1. gog 24:39 
    live at earwax records, brooklyn ny 28th march 2015. 
    all sounds by hawkins: modular synth, sequencers, oscillators, mobile telephone 

2. magog 18:56 
    live at spacelab-a, washington dc 2nd august 2015. 
    all sounds by hawkins: lapsteel guitar, modular synth, sequencers 

infinite thanks to fabio (earwax), dana schecter (hospitality), jason mogavero (spacelab-a). 
    audio mastering by mark beazley/trace recordings. art by hawkins. 

more info/sounds/contact: www.chesterhawkins.org

released April 6, 2016

• Tom Waits - Alice
  • edited August 2016

98 cents at Emusic & more If, Bwana 
    Thanks
  • Dej Loaf - All Jokes Aside

• from Bandcamp
    Improvised music for electric guitar, objects, acoustic & electric double basses and field recordings. 
    Made 2011, across three studio sessions. 
    No overdubs, no effects beyond a stereo pan pedal for the guitar. Field recordings played in real time from the laptop.

released May 20, 2013 

Sandy Ewen - guitar 
    Damon Smith - double bass (2-4), 7 string electric upright (1), laptop, field recordings (1 & 3) 

• Ka would've been 88 today.

• 1 free track on Bandcamp
    released March 15, 2009 
  • Tiny Isles - The Long Seasoned Sleep

• from Bandcamp
    PLANE CRASH 2 is the second document from the legendary, notoriously uncompromising improvisational power trio of Henry Kaiser, Damon Smith, and Weasel Walter... Trio music doesn't get much more real than this. Kaiser has been active in the improvised music community since the 1970s, bringing his dazzling technique and creative chops to bear in a myriad of diverse contexts, including Academy Award winning soundtrack work for longtime collaborator, director Werner Herzog. Damon Smith is an acolyte of the FMP school of improvised music, but he also betrays the influence of forward-thinking new music pioneers, be-bop masters, modern artists, and more, with a proficient voice of his own. Drummer Weasel Walter is 
    notorious for shirking the constraints of genre in favor of making massively original music, whether collaborating with jazz masters or anchoring the most pioneering of avant-rock units, like the Flying Luttenbachers, Cellular Chaos, Lydia Lunch's Retrovirus, Behold... the Arctopus, XBXRX, Lake of Dracula, or countless other units... 

If you're at all familiar with these three, you should know that they will brutally subvert and pervert all of the expectations and baggage you bring to the listening session... and yet somehow, they manage to stake their own claim on strikingly new ground in the world of improvised sound.

released August 7, 2015 

• HeathenReality
    A Reality Tour
    Lots of driving, lots of Bowie today.
  • Lil Uzi Vert - Lil Uzi Vert v. the World
  • Container - LP
This discussion has been closed.