What are you listening to right now? (15 Flies in the Marmalade)

Comments

• edited August 2016

@Brighternow I gave that "Go Seigen" Nonsemble album a listen.  There are moments on it I really like, but too many moments that shattered my enjoyment.

NP:

Slow Meadow - "Slow Meadow"

Peaceful piano and strings and effects.

Available at Bandcamp- https://slowmeadow.bandcamp.com/album/slow-meadow

Available at eMusic - http://www.emusic.com/album/slow-meadow/slow-meadow/16074533/

This one has been floating my boat for months.

• rostasi said:

0 is a french band directed by Stéphane Garin (percussion), Joël Merah (acoustic guitar) and Sylvain Chauveau (acoustic guitar, glockenspiel), whose line-up can change for each project with the addition of regular guests. The trio of Merah, Garin and Chauveau have spend two years composing, recording and mixing the seven pieces of the Soñando album (dreaming in Spanish).This chamber folk suite is entirely played with acoustic instruments (guitar, glockenspiel) and small pieces of metal collected by Stéphane Garin for their special sound and tuning. In quiet spaces, this repertoire can even be performed without any microphone or amplification. 
    The result looks like an original mix of rhythmic patterns assembled togetehr like the pieces of a puzzle. 

Le Motel - Oka

OKA, which means “listen” in Bayaka language, is a metaphorical journey between various worldwide tribes. Starting and closing with a lullaby from a mother to her child, the 9 tracks depict a day of passing by rain dances, odes to forest spirits and water, child’s plays, dugout canoe trips, hunting and gathering songs and vodun ceremonies... 
    This project brings ethnic sounds from different communities out of Africa, the Caribbean, Oceania and electronics together and combines worldwide atmospheres, blending current sonorities and ancient samples. 
    Le Motel spent years collecting samples from all around the world (mostly ethnic music related to ceremonies), field recording from the jungle as well as utilising sounds from his own environment. He aims to connect those different cultures and periods within his music. 
    Two good recommendations, many thanks. The first is available for cheap on Emu over here in Poundland the second is NYOP on 'Camp.
  • Slowdive - Pygmalion

• Revisiting an old one, quite beautiful...

Quinsin Nachoff - "Horizons Ensemble"

Chamber jazz with Quinsin Nachoff (tenor & soprano saxophones), John Taylor (piano, Ernst Reijseger (cello), Nathalie Bonin (violin) and Pamela Attariwala (violin).

Bandcamp - https://quinsin.bandcamp.com/album/quinsin-nachoffs-horizons-ensemble-feat-john-taylor-and-ernst-reijseger

Nachoff has a new album out next month, different kind of sound (according to the one-sheet) and with a line-up of David Binney, Matt Mitchell and Kenny Wollesen.  Listening to that next.
  • edited August 2016
    2 short EPs and more folks to explore

- and 

Ass/Richard Javerling - No Love Lost, David - 2009
    Ass/Blood Music - Ass/Blood Music Split EP - 2008

• Back to 2006

Andreas Söderström Solo
  • Back to SFL

Discogs

Tracklist

A1Luc FerrariÉtude Aux Sons Tendus
    A2Pierre SchaefferÉtude Aux Sons Animés
    B1Iannis XenakisDiamorphoses

Old is new again, for me...

• Notes

Recorded July 2nd to 4th, 2004 at Sendesaal, Hessischer Rundfunk, in the presence of the composer.
  • edited August 2016
    Just in at Soundcloud:

• Working my way through this громадный set - Thx to Plong for pointing it out and idiotprogrammer for endorsing

• Orrin Evans - The Evolution of Oneself
  • edited August 2016

• I saw a tweet from Pi Recordings that Tyshawn Sorey had recommended this. Good enough for me
  • Nirvana- Bleach
  • Jaime Fiorito - Tropical Whirlpool Mix for Pulse Radio

https://m.soundcloud.com/jaime-fiorito/2016-mix-1
  • David Bowie - Low

Iggy Pop - The Idiot
  • Microstoria- Init Ding
  • edited August 2016

Image says vol 1, but link goes to the full 3-vol set
  • edited August 2016
  • Bobby posing with what eventually killed him.

• Anthony Child - Electronic Recordings from Maui Jungle Vol. 1

Group Inerane - Guitars from Agadez vol. 3
  • v/a - Space Echo: The Mystery Behind the Cosmic Sound of Cabo Verde
  • John Lennon - Imagine
  • amclark2 said:
    v/a - Space Echo: The Mystery Behind the Cosmic Sound of Cabo Verde
     <3  <3  I was looking for the big thumbs up but there doesn't appear to be one. Good album. Nice and varied and nothing like any other C. V. album I know.
  • @djh - yeah, a really nice collection; very happy

Np: Toshiya Tsunoda- Kapotte Muziek
  • Work Songs album cover

Good album that I haven't listened to enough yet
This discussion has been closed.