What are you listening to right now? (16 Banners United)

Comments

• Back to the garden...

The Silent Ballet IX                                                 The Silent Ballet Volume X 

The Silent Ballet Volume XI                                    The Silent Ballet Volume 12
  • Sasu Ripatti aka UusitaloVladislav Delay

2006                                                                       2014 
  • Lowlife said:

Having an 80'sday today

XTC - Black Sea

followed by

UB40 - Signing On

Is that the dub version of their first album, Signing Off ? Only kidding!
  • @Doofy. Thanks for the Hey Jude link, I'd never realised that Ronny Scott played saxophone on Hey Jude! Interesting only about 36 minutes long. Currently listening to

The Beatles 1967 - 1970 The Blue Album

and specifically including the above track!
  • Back to the garden...

The Silent Ballet Volume 13                                     The Silent Ballet Volume XIV

The Silent Ballet Volume XV                                The Silent Ballet: Volume 16
                                            https://archive.org/details/lost_children
  • edited June 2018
    Griffith Park Collection

Old favorite, especially this one by Clarke:

• edited June 2018

Roger_Eno & Peter Hammill - The Appointed Hour
    Robert Fripp - Soundscapes - Exeter Cathedral, Devon June 6 2006

• djhdjh
    edited June 2018
    Image result for false readings on eluvium
    Eluvium - False Readings On

Turned out nice in sunny South London, doubtless it will get stormy once the news from Moscow arrives in a short while...
    In the meantime a Monday Bliss Out.
  • Sasu Ripatti aka Vladislav DelayRipatti
                 & played in Heisenberg

2014                                                                        2014

•  
    2014                                                                         2014

2014                                                                        2014
  •   

Goodiepal - Tilbage Til Havet

Another huge and perplexing transmission from unique thinker, philosopher, inventor, cyclist and friend to the postal service: Goodiepal.

Broadcasting live from a graveyard in Copenhagen, Parl takes us through a collection of his early 'dreamy' synthesizer music played through a tape delay system while the tapes crumble away to nothing as they are manipulated in real time.
    The music is accompanied in part by Goodiepal explaining the process and going off on some wonderful tangents including: the difference between American and German tape, working with metal and the importance of cycling.
  • Groovin High Hank Jones albumjpg

Hank had a surprise late-70s "hit" with this & another album of standards ("Bop Redux") on the Muse label. They're both available on this reissue 

• Someone forgot to mention to Sun Ra that jazz was dead in the 70s. This can be found among the mountain of Sun Ra stuff on Bandcamp
  • Khaki Blazer - Moontan Nocturnal

Valerio Cosi - Heavy Electronic Pacific Rock
  • I must admit that I am not listening to music at the moment but have the television on in the background with Russia v Egypt at the World Cup whilst I catch up with email, emusers etc
  • So did I last night, allowed to go to the pub Sunday after my good lady got fed up with me shouting.

Van Morrison - Rolling with the Punches
  • edited June 2018
    With thanks to @confused

Track 12 - Terry Riley - In C
    -recorded by Frad Tadburry 
    -mixed by Paul Delaney 
    -performed at "A Recital" organized by Jeffrey Evans 
    Lincoln Recital Hall 
    Portland, OR, 2012 
    -performers include: 
    Alexander Berstein 
    Jane Botieff 
    Charlie Copeland 
    Jeffrey Evans 
    Nicole Glover 
    Richie Greene 
    Kate Kilbourne 
    Robin Kim 
    Cordero Kingsley 
    Brandon Nelson 
    Derek Norman 
    Andy Sharma 
    Adam Schwitert 
    Luke Young

It is truely amazing how this composition or framework can bring the performers in a state where pure magic happens.
    (In lack of a better way to express how I feel)

• edited June 2018

Garmardah Fungus have been vaguely on my radar for a while, so I was happy to find the Hidden Vibes haul finally putting one of their albums in my collection. It's a pretty nice one. They describe it as "meditative, mystical, sleepy and contemplative," with David Lynch references.

• edited June 2018

This is gorgeous. Oceanic modular synth meditations.

BTW, there are some really great listening suggestions in this vein in this article.

• Another evening, another soccer game - Argentine against Croatia
  • Great goal from Luka, really loved him at Spurs
  • edited June 2018
    For some reason my classical/baroque binges often trigger analog synth binges afterward. Analog synth music is ice cream, Bach is veggies. (And I should clarify that I do like veggies). So, having spent most of my last month's credits on guitar versions of Bach....this is a pretty good ice cream.

I was amused by an anecdote in an interview I now can't find, in which one of Node said it happens that someone cracks up on stage because they realize that they just spend minutes twiddling a knob trying to change a sound that they then realized their part of the equipment was not making. There are not many genres in which you can be unclear (without the help of drugs) during a performance which of the instruments you are actually playing.

ETA: found it, here it is:

One thing that happens occasionally is that we lose track ourselves of who is making each sound, because the blend becomes so seamless and the set up is so complex. From an audience perspective, you may be able to spot when that has happened because someone will try to alter a sound they are not actually making, when they realize that they have been tweaking a knob without it making any difference they will sometimes dissolve into laughter. Gigwise

• Egyptology - Sur Les Autres Mondes

• - Continuing in the Spanish vein: