What are you listening to right now? (16 Banners United)

Comments

• Nat Birchall goes funky reggae: "Instrumental Roots Reggae Dub LP featuring legendary Jamaican trombonist Vin Gordon a.k.a. Don Drummond Junior a.k.a. Trammy (Real Rock, Heavenless, Bob Marley & The Wailers, Burning Spear, Yabby You etc etc. All original tunes recorded old school style on vintage analogue equipment and mixed by dub master Al Breadwinner at the Bakery Studio in Manchester."
  • Plong42 said:
    Image result for Roman  The Orchestra Of The Age Of Recycling Conducted By Luis G
    Oh Yes ! . . . it's always a pleasure to visit those albums . . . Thanks for the reminder.
    - and a brilliant version of "Holliday in Berlin"
  • edited June 2018
    With thanks to @confused

Track 12 - Terry Riley - In C
    -recorded by Frad Tadburry 
    -mixed by Paul Delaney 
    -performed at "A Recital" organized by Jeffrey Evans 
    Lincoln Recital Hall 
    Portland, OR, 2012 
    -performers include: 
    Alexander Berstein 
    Jane Botieff 
    Charlie Copeland 
    Jeffrey Evans 
    Nicole Glover 
    Richie Greene 
    Kate Kilbourne 
    Robin Kim 
    Cordero Kingsley 
    Brandon Nelson 
    Derek Norman 
    Andy Sharma 
    Adam Schwitert 
    Luke Young

It is truely amazing how this composition or framework can bring the performers in a state where pure magic happens.
    (In lack of a better way to express how I feel)

You're most welcome. I've really enjoyed all the versions I've heard so far and I can't imagine a bad one. So, it's nice to be able to give when I get so much. Jeffrey's terrific version is going to start off this stormy evening.
    Thanks 

• edited June 2018
    Well, what can I say, I've really enjoyed all the In C performances I've had the pleasure to listen to so far and I'm happy to add a couple more to this thread too. They look most interesting!

2014  The Gothenburg Combo - Guitarscapes
           about - http://www.gbgcombo.com

2016  Ragazze QuartetSlagwerk Den HaagKapok
    Four Four Three: music of Terry Riley
                     about the album - 
    https://www.channelclassics.com/catalogue/37816-Riley-Four-Four-Three/

Edit- and they were!!!
  • Time for one more with thanks to @Plong42

Matt Smiley - Terry Riley - IN C (Electric Bass) -  free bandcamp dload, with the score for cover art if you want to give the piece a try for yourself.
  • Bruce Springsteen - Concert from Rome in 2013
  • edited June 2018

Streaming from my local service, the New World Records release from may.
    I can't see myself ever getting used to this way of listening.

I really do hope that Emusic will get their act together.
  • And to finish my visit with Sasu Ripatti, he is also in Moritz Von Oswald Trio.

2010                                                                        2010

2011                                                                     2012

2013                                                                       2015
  • Kamasi Washington - Heaven and Earth

Its very very good
  • Back to the garden...

• edited June 2018

• Voices Bloom
    James Place - Voices Bloom

• httpsd2htg16wag384pcloudfrontneteMusicrestcataloggetReleaseCoverreleaseId5202762width800httpsd2htg16wag384pcloudfrontneteMusicrestcataloggetReleaseCoverreleaseId4671903width800
    Tarentel
     From Bone to Satellite and Ghetto Beats on the Surface of the Sun
    Both of which are considerably more "out there" than I "remembered" the band being.

• edited June 2018
  • Dead & Company - 2018-06-19, Darien Lake, NY

I was there! It was really fun.
  • Toy Tunes

Very fine new trio album. Among the good jazz things still to be had at eMusic
  • edited June 2018
    Pole - 2
  • Various Artists- Music from Mills

Compilation from ubuweb.
  • edited June 2018

May as well keep posting my new eMusic acquisitions - I have a booster to use up this week

• OK, not actually listening right now, but this solo piano album is one of my favorite quiet-ish things this year, and I now see that it's still on eMusic, so far...
  • edited June 2018

• 5 7
    Burnt Friedman & Jaki Liebezeit - 5 7

• “This abomination was recorded at various locations of IC Studio. There are elements here that were begun over 20 years ago but I could never figure out what to do with them. Eventually I worked it out. Time moves slowly.”

Colin Potter, London 2017

• Image result for Saudi Arabia  La tradition du HejzImage result for Faqirs of Sindh

Trying to fill-in albums from the Ocora Radio label before they disappear too....