What are you listening to right now? (16 Banners United)

Comments

• edited August 2017
    Thanks Bn, I'll make sure to get that one when I can get on bandcamp. That's not another of Dave's brothers is it :)
    Another rainy day here.

William Ryan Fritch - Clean War
    Bandcamp

Ps. My first emoji

• Discogs
      from http://www.progressor.net/review/present_1993.html
      While the heavy guitar riffs and the parts of percussion are featured on any of the three compositions on "COD Performance", most of the arrangements here are nevertheless based on the interplay between either two acoustic guitars or acoustic and electric guitar. 

• Bandcamp
      The personnel for Tikkun is: Oren Ambarchi-guitar, loops Richard Pinhas-guitar, synth guitar, effects Joe Talia-drums, effects Masami Akita (Merzbow)-loops, noise, effects Duncan Pinhas-sequences, effects, noise Eric Borelva-additional drums Interestingly, Richard specifically thinks of this album as a duo project that was conceived as a duo project for himself and Oren, despite the very effective contributions of the other four musicians. The music on Tikkun, which consists of three very lengthy tracks, comes across as a very tasty cross between the heavy, synth-driven, sequencer beats of classic Heldon and the much more noisier aspects of Pinhas' work over the last decade. In addition to the studio album, physical CD+DVD version also includes a DVD of a live performance of the duo. It was filmed at Paris' main venue for experimental music, Les Instants Chavires, October 29, 2013. 

• from Bandcamp
      Calibrated Contingency consists in a continuous 47-minute live performance recorded in Graz in 2011. Both artists are using a computer and minimal external input devices (a boundary microphone, an induction coil, a radio). At the performance, each had a pair of stereo speakers, and all four speakers were arranged in a single line. This CD presents a stereo mix of that performance. And what a performance it is: a complex fabric of mangled frequencies, raw electricity, odd sounds, clips and glitches, woven loosely, with silent holes here and there. Dizzying and otherworldly... 

...but isn't that what the sound of our world should sound like?

• A final listen before scheduling the write-up...

Julian Erdem - "Little Flower"

On Bandcamp, if you don't feel like waiting around for my captivating prose...

https://julianerdem.bandcamp.com/album/little-flower

• edited August 2017

Discogs

Ps. a terrific stormy night listen

• Lost Trail - Music for 'Traumatic Attachments'
      NYOP at Bandcamp
    • edited August 2017

Zappa as DJ

From a program recorded in 1968, Tom Donahue interviews Frank Zappa about his life and work, and allows the irreverent rock star to present some of his favorite music. The ensuing free form program ranges from surf music, doo-wop, jazz, the blues, to the works of Pierre Boulez. The song selection is very informative for any fan of Zappa’s music, as one can easily trace the influence of all these styles on his own creative output, be it the cheesy harmonies of 1950s pop songs or the intricate percussive patterns of Boulez’s avant-garde classical compositions. The role that such songs had on Zappa’s own musical evolution is made all the more clear at the end of this hilarious program when a selection of satirical songs from the Mothers of Invention are also heard.
    • Thoughts Of Dar Es Salaam

w/ Ray Drummond & Billy Hart
    • edited August 2017

TUXEDOMOON - Everything You Want 1979
      "one of the three Tuxedomoon songs specially made for this essential compilation of Frisco bands issued by Ralph records (The Residents - Chrome - MX80 sound - Tuxedomoon)"
    • Just in:

composed 2007 for electric guitar, bass clarinet, accordion and Max/MSP.
      recorded live at Ballhaus, Berlin-Kreuzberg, december 05, 2007.
      Seth Josel–electric guitar, Matthias Badczong-bass clarinet, Christine Paté-accordion.
    • greg said:
      Passaic Night by Bruce Springsteen

Hi Greg. I know this is a famous show but is it still just a boot? I can't see it at Nugs.net (live bruce springsteen)? Mind the whole thing is on YouTube.
    • back from hols

Alfa Mist- Antiphon

Another case of E Music not having the latest release from an artist, it is available on Bandcamp and is really a really great jazz album
    • Taylor Deupree - January

• "Ciphony" by Gelsey Bell/John King

Gelsey Bell – vocals, microkorg vocoder, metallophone
      John King – electronics, viola, ngoni

Not really my thing, but only by a little bit.  And based on similar albums some of you here have recommended to me, I'm thinking this might float somebody's boat.

It's on Bandcamp:  https://gelseybelljohnking.bandcamp.com/releases