What are you listening to right now? (16 Banners United)

Comments

• edited August 2017
    Favourite tracks from these

1967, 1970 & 1973

• Shakey Jake And The Allstars - Further On Up The Road
    Includes Sunnyland Slim, Wandering John (John Mayall), Luther Allison
  •  
    Live Improvisation from the Modellbahn Hauskonzert- May 18th, 2017 - Berlin

• edited August 2017

Sunnyland Slim - Slim's Got His Thing Goin' On
    Recorded between 2nd and 29th October 1968 with various guest musicians including Big Mama Thornton, Mick Taylor and members of Canned Heat. 

• edited August 2017

one of my favourite Xmas tunes

and part of my early sexual education

Sixty Minute Man
  • Still too wet to weed after a stormy night so,
    time for one more

Charlie Musselwhite Blues Band - Stone Blues
  • one more

B.B. King - Indianola Mississippi Seeds

• Another strong compilation from Analogue Africa. The title track is a bit of an unworldly ear worm.

•   httpsf4bcbitscomimga0062241546_14jpg
    released March 2, 2015 on Kompakt

"Many have mentioned COW by The Orb being similar to The KLF's seminal Chill Out. Where COW evolves in one direction from Chill Out as a centre point, then El Reino Invisible could also be said to be a descendant but heading in a slightly different direction, ethereal shimmering synths blended with subtle field recordings. It may be a lazy comparison, putting it in the company of Chill Out, but I can think of no higher honour. I'm only disappointed that I didn't discover it two year's sooner."
  • edited August 2017
    Still visiting the vinyl.
    Those boogie years.
     &
    1970 & 1971

Biscuit's Boogie

Ps. Kelly J once suggested that our old family piano might make a good anchor but he did have some fun pounding on the keys for awhile.
  •  httpsf4bcbitscomimga4243235968_14jpg 

Mogwai - Every Country's Sun

releases September 1, 2017 
  • edited August 2017

Phebe Starr - Alone with You

Met and enjoyed pizza with Phebe and her husband last night, so checking out some of her releases. They are good people - take a look.
  • edited August 2017
    Hemispheres 2 CD set Amazon Exclusive
    Jazz Times review. Not sure this one's available anywhere 
  • Wow; I go away for a little while... @confused I had been meaning to suggest 16 Shells From 30-06 as the title for this thread for maybe years... oh well this is good too.

This morning Sun Ra - Nothing Is, from Freegal and really enjoying it, then Charli XCX Number 1 Angel, which I got from SoundCloud but don't really feel bad about because I bought another one of hers from Amazon but never really cared for or listens to but this one I really like.
  • edited August 2017

Phebe Starr - Alone with You

Met and enjoyed pizza with Phebe and her husband last night, so checking out some of her releases. They are good people - take a look.
    Nice ! - Thank you . . .
    - I could imagine that fans of Anneli Drecker would love her.

httpsf4bcbitscomimga3655760143_14jpg

• luxury elite - noir
  • Tristan Perich- Noise Patterns
  • Virtual Life by CVLTVRΣ
  •  
    Interview with Alice Cooper on late musician Glen Campbell
  • Matching Pair of Neighbour Disturbers

Not quite the same effect as having a very powerful sound system push the music through Glaswegian railway tunnels but still...

• This morning

That's Ikue Mori - Obelisk and Craig Taborn & Iku Mori - Highsmith

I have a lot of Tzadik once again in my Wish List but it's going nowhere until they do their next 2 for 1 deal when I'll probably go bonkers and buy £100 of credit. I really should bite the bullet and compose a check-list of what I have but I'd have to search the pc and my shelves by artist which is a royal pain.

• VIRTUAL UTOPIA EXPERIENCE by death's dynamic shroud.wmv

then

Sea and Cake - Oui
  • Bark Psychosis- Hex
  • Killing Joke- Killing Joke
  • Chicago- Chicago Transit Authority

Thanks greg!