What are you listening to right now? (16 Banners United)

Comments

• Lanterna - Sands
  • More Kenny Rankin

1975 & 1977
  •  
    1980 & 1991

• Grateful Dead - 1977-10-16, LSU, conversation on tape after Dire Wolf:

Guy: "Man I figured out what you need"
    Taper: "What?"
    Guy: "You need a hard hat with two microphones on either side so you can go up by the stage and not have to hold those microphones. You'd look like a blithering idiot though."
    Taper: "Are you gonna pinch that girl's ass?"

• Recorded December 2012 with members of Ghost Ensemble.
    Sky Macklay - oboe
    Ben Richter - accordion
    Hannah Levinson - viola
    Damon Loren Baker - percussion
  • Carbon Based Lifeforms - Derelicts
  • Tyler, The Creator - Flower Boy
  • amclark2 said:
    Grateful Dead - 1977-10-16, LSU, conversation on tape after Dire Wolf:

Guy: "Man I figured out what you need"
    Taper: "What?"
    Guy: "You need a hard hat with two microphones on either side so you can go up by the stage and not have to hold those microphones. You'd look like a blithering idiot though."
    Taper: "Are you gonna pinch that girl's ass?"
    And of course hat mounted stealth microphones became a thing. As did pinching girl's backsides - not that I would condone such activity... unless asked...
  • Plong42 said:
    Image result for tangerine dream antique dreams

You are a braver man than I if you can stand to listen to TD's version of House of the Rising Sun, and that's coming from someone happy to (try and) defend Bent Cold Sidewalk as a meaningful lyric ;-)
  • I was in love with their work in the 70s - buying each album (or sometimes getting promos from Virgin) as they came out. When "Cyclone" arrived and they had decided to add a singer ("Bent Cold Sidewalk"), I was absolutely crushed. I didn't think that "Force Majeure" was as bad, so I stuck with them until about the mid-80s when they just became unbearable.

Also, Froese started re-releasing his great solo albums in completely, almost unrecognizably, different remixes as if he were ashamed of those original albums.
    I thought that he had completely lost it by then.

I will say that I jumped at the chance to see them at Loreley about 9 years ago because Klaus Schulze was opening and I could fulfill a teenage (tangerine) dream (albeit, an altered one).

• Giant Claw - Dark Web
  •  httpsf4bcbitscomimga3315167840_14jpg 
    released October 24, 2017
  • PJ Harvey - White Chalk

GENESIS HULL - Who Feels It, Knows It
  • Alaskan - Despair, Erosion, Loss

Nice doom metal that I think was pointed out by someone here
  • Mask Of The Maker
    Jonas Reinhardt - Mask of the Maker
  • @djh - I stopped what I was doing and concentrated or a few moments, thinking "that sounds like house of the rising sun" before checking the title on my phone. I moved on to: 

Image result for morton feldman piano and string quartet

from the eMu bargains thread...good music for a rainy day

• Kaja Draksler - thanks to @Germanprof.
    KajaDraksler_2014

The Lives of Many Others  &  This Love with Susana Santos Silva
  • Kris Delmhorst

2001 & 2006

2008 & 2014
  • Cara Dillion - Wanderer

One of a selection in my local library, it seems whoever is dealing with the new intake down there has some very good taste, a few more new ones to listen to.
  • edited October 2017

Chris Herbert - Wintex-Cimex '83
    A good one, free to download at Room40.

The Green Kingdom - Dustloops: Memory Fragments

Krcek Jan Amos Comenius Symphony No 3
    Really more like incidental music with passages from Comenius' Labyrint světa a ráj srdce (which is actually a great read) narrated alongside. But I just wrote a book on Comenius, so I have a soft spot for it.

• Robert Plant - Carry Fire
  • Yoko Ono - Approximately Infinite Universe