What are you listening to right now? (16 Banners United)

Comments

•    
    Iannis Xenakis collection of historical recordings of essential works including Syrmos,
    Le Polytope de Montreal, Terretektorh, Nomos Gamma, ST/48-1,240162,
    Achorripsis, Persepolis, Polytope de Cluny
  • Pause
    Four Tet - Pause
  • Secret Boyfriend- Memory Care Unit
  • Jlin- Black Origami

Kamasi Washington - Harmony of Difference
  •  Getting set for a noisy afternoon with K.K. Null & others

1997 & 2005
  • edited October 2017

Ps. Demon Core is bursting with energy!
  • Kevin Drumm & others

w/Lasse Marhaug - Frozen By Blizzard Winds (2002) & Sheer Hellish Miasma (2002)
  • Spotanous Reconstruction
    Mouse on Mars - Agit Itter It It
  • Some softer morning Drumm noises

w/ Prurient (2007)                                     w/ Daniel Menche (2007)

or not.

• Kevin Drumm - Imperial Distortion (2008)

• Bootleg at the "Big O" blog
  • edited October 2017
     httpsi1sndcdncomartworks-000249645887-z8edfw-t500x500jpg  
    Emra Grid - Shay's Vacation House
    Album release date: 31 October 2017
  • edited October 2017

This was the first ever record entirely made out of recordings of John Cage's 1952 composition "4'33" performed by the same band.

Performers: Sylvain Chauveau, Stéphane Garin, Joël Merah, Maitane Sebastián.

Ensemble 0 is french collective of musicians based in Western Europe, created in 2004. They perform music from contemporary repertoire and their own compositions.

•    
    This album, made between 2007 and 2009, is published in a single copy, like all Onement records. The Belgian musician Yannick Franck realizes a series of drones, dark and soft at the same time, like a possible equivalent of the famous black paintings of the American painter Ad Reinhardt. Luxurious black sheet clutch with characters engraved on the metal, made by Nicolas Couturier. Mastered by Bernhard Günter and Frédéric Alstadt.

•  
    Kevin Drumm - Imperial Horizon (2009)  &  Shut In (2014)
  • Konono No.1 & others

Various Artists - (1989)                             (2005)

Various Artists - (2005)
  • Others inspired by Congotronics

• edited November 2017
    A snowy icy morning here, perfect for this

Kenneth Kirschner - Compressions & Rarefactions (2015)

from Discogs

Notes

Compressions & Rarefactions is the fourth solo release on 12k from New Yorker Kenneth Kirschner, who is widely known for epic-length compositions that challenge the forms of modern composition. The album is released as a single CD with a digital download of over six hours of additional music that couldn’t be realized within the time constraints of the CD format. Also included is a booklet of essays on Kirschner’s music from Marc Weidenbaum (Disquiet), Simon Cummings (5 Against 4), Mike Lazarev (Headphone Commute) and renowned visual artist Kysa Johnson, who was also responsible for the album’s artwork.

Ps Lots of free downloads at Bandcamphttp://www.kennethkirschner.com

Also, I must admit that the last 2 hours have been a real challenging listen. I kept thinking it was over, until I got lost in the sound drifting in & out.
  •   
    Ensemble 0 is french collective of musicians based in Western Europe, created in 2004. They perform music from contemporary repertoire and their own compositions.

httpsf4bcbitscomimga1748383549_14jpg
    released October 10, 2015

Stéphane Garin: vibraphone, glockenspiel, claves. Joël Merah: acoustic guitar. Jùlia Gallego: flutes. Sylvain Chauveau: acoustic guitar
  • edited November 2017

Licht Himmel was conceived as a 14-channel-composition for the Gasometer Oberhausen, a former gas tank and now an industrial landmark. Instrumental and electronic sounds are combined with field recordings to form a composition for this special environment. The stereo version was remastered in 2012.

Trautonium, glass harmonica, tibetan metal bowls, voice, diapasons, bells, glass gongs, glass cornett, double bass, springdrums, electromagnetic field recordings, nature field recordings, synthesizer

Glass instruments: Sabino Ventura
    Metal bowls and gongs: Joachim Roedelius, Onnen Bock
    All other sounds and recordings by Christina Kubisch

• @Lowlife - have you come down yet? I just said to my 8 year old granddaughter - you will be able to say for the rest of your life 'I was there when Spurs beat Real Madrid at Wembley!' I watched it on TV - what a game....

MonkEstra Vol 1

• Hi Greg,

Just about coming down, it was mayhem in the pub. I was sitting with a well know music journalist who is part of our gang and not known for getting too excited, singing and dancing with him after the game. Wished I could have got tickets, aiming for the West Brom match at Wembley, I have a source who can normally get me freebies for the smaller games.

Thought some soothing music to get the day going

Mark Preston - And it will rise with the sun
  • Kangding Ray -EPs and an album

2010                                                          2012

2015                                                          2016
  • King Kooba

2000                                                           2002