What are you listening to right now? (17 Seconds of Cicadas)

Comments

• confused said:
    From Ubuweb - I couldn't find any other info so I chose to use this as the Album cover for now.
    Really have enjoyed those Muza recordings for years now.
    Also, there was a nice disc of Polish experimental music
    that came with the July issue of The Wire.

• Thanks to @rostasi for the link and some more folks to explore, oddly enough I just added Fe-mail's Syklubb Fra Hælvete album to the library this morning. Norway via Poland.
    Meanwhile, I'm getting a start on these
    Andrew Bird 

2009 - Noble Beast                                                 2012 - Hands Of Glory

2013 - I Want To See Pulaski At Night                  2014 - Things Are Really Great Here, Sort Of... 
  • confused said:
    Thanks to @rostasi for the link and some more folks to explore, oddly enough I just added Fe-mail's Syklubb Fra Hælvete album to the library this morning. Norway via Poland.
     59 minutes playlist link.

Translates to sewing club from hell :) (0ne of these names I just had to check out)

- Thank you !
  • You're most welcome and thanks again to @jonahpwll for these
    Ass - Andreas Söderström

2006 - Ass                                                             2008 - Ass / Blood Music Split EP 

2008 AssRickard Jäverling                     2010 - Salt Marsh
     - No Love Lost, David
  • and these

2013 - 4                                                     2015 - Den lycklige vinnaren 

2016 - Om Solen Väl Går Upp
  • edited September 2018
    Songs from Evening Land - Helene Gjerris sings Per Nørgård

- 29 minutes playlist link.

Ejnar Kanding & Frank Bretschneider – Auxiliary Blue (2008)
    On this CD electronic music performer Frank Bretschneider and electro-acoustic composer Ejnar Kanding create new interconnections between Berlin and Copenhagen with three works from the past five years. The Contemporánea ensemble plays the two sound-creators’ versions of each other’s works, creating completely new, minimalist sound compositions in the fi eld of tension between driving force and stasis and between acoustic and electronic music.
    - Playlist from 4 years ago . . .

• Reading about a new release that'll be coming out next month from the duo of Bob Stohl and Kat Epple (Emerald Web) working with electronics and sculptures created with the help of Robert Rauschenberg and performed at his studio in Captiva Island, Florida. So, I decided to revisit the Emerald Web tapes that were released as a compilation on Finders Keepers a couple of years ago. Next month, they'll be re-releasing the Popera Cosmic LP, Les Enclaves and so I'm pulling that oldie out for listening as well. I may have to get my Space Art recordings out as well - ahhhh, the French prog axis lives...

• Woody Woodman's Circus of Construction, Acts 1​-​14, by Greg Goodman (Unprepared Piano & Objets d'intérieur), Garth Powell (Percussion & Very Bent Saw) and George Cremaschi (Contrabass & Cantilevered Chopsticks).

I have no recollection of buying this music, but I am a sucker for "Very Bent Saw" albums. Links go to bandcamp for streaming. Avant-garde percussion with some wild piano.

• Another rainy morning here.
    Alva Noto + Ryuichi Sakamoto

2002 - Vrioon                                                      2005 - Insen 

2006 - Revep                                                      2011 - Summvs
  • I'm revisiting a lot of CDs that have been languishing in boxes.

This one has returned to the regular rotation...

Image result for Stafraenn Hakon - skettir Edik a Ref bandcamp

Stafraenn Hakon - "...skettir Edik a Ref"

It was originally an Amie St. purchase, if I remember correctly.

• one more

2018 Alva Noto + Ryuichi Sakamoto
                        - Glass 
  • and these

2001  Opto (Opiate + Alva Noto)                             2004 Opto - 2nd
                   - Opto Files 
  • rostasi said:
    Reading about a new release that'll be coming out next month from the duo of Bob Stohl and Kat Epple (Emerald Web) working with electronics and sculptures created with the help of Robert Rauschenberg and performed at his studio in Captiva Island, Florida. So, I decided to revisit the Emerald Web tapes that were released as a compilation on Finders Keepers a couple of years ago. Next month, they'll be re-releasing the Popera Cosmic LP, Les Enclaves and so I'm pulling that oldie out for listening as well. I may have to get my Space Art recordings out as well - ahhhh, the French prog axis lives...

THIS:

ahhhh, the French prog axis lives...

<3<3<3

• Not my usual fare but a really interesting album in its own way. Rescued from one of my old drives.

Related image

• plus
    Cyclo. (Ryoji Ikeda + Alva Noto)

2001  - .                                                                     2011 - Id

2018 Mika Vainio + Ryoji Ikeda + Alva Noto 
                                - Live 2002 
  • these too
    Alva Noto - Carsten Nicolai

2008 - Unitxt                                                                 2011 - Univrs 

2015 - Xerrox Vol.3                                                         2018 - Unieqav
  • Arne Nordheim

1998 - Electric                                                         2003 - Dodeka

2008 - The Nordheim Tapes 
    Original recordings from Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation (NRK) between 1960 and 1970. 

• Obscure Records No. 2 - Ensemble Pieces
  • Cocteau Twins - Victorialand
  • The Velvet Underground & Nico (mono version)
  • edited September 2018

Saw this group over the weekend at Chicago Jazz Fest. Excited at the chance to see Bill Carrothers at work

Eta, can't figure out why embedded links aren't working as usual: https://alejandrourzagaste.bandcamp.com/
  • edited September 2018
    confused said:
    So vey good, reminds me to fill in the gaps in my library . . . Thanks.
  • Lee “Scratch” Perry & The Upsetters - Return Of the Super Ape
  • Cera Khin at Griessmuehle on Noods Radio (DJ mix)
  • confused said:
    So vey good, reminds me to fill in the gaps in my library . . . Thanks.
    Well, I'd completely forgotten about these albums, and only 1 letter away from the perfect fit. That Arne Nordheim was a most interesting & enjoyable listen BTW.

1993 Cikada Duo - Duo                                                  1993 Cikada Ensemble - Cikada                             

1998 - Cikada                                                              2007  Cikada Duo - Nordheim

• edited September 2018

• Going through my unpacked boxes of old CD, this came up next...

Image result for radiohead hail to the thief

Radiohead - "Hail to the Thief"

Wow, did I always like this album this much and I just forgot?  Kinda don't think so.  I remember enjoying it back when it came out, but not enough for it to dislodge Amnesiac, OK Computer or Kid A as my go-to recordings.  But it really resonates with me now for sure.  I've had this album on pretty regular the last few days.  Now that I think upon it, I've only been listening to it in my car, so maybe it connects with me more as driving music, and in the past, it was always just home music.  Dunno.  But, damn, I'm so glad to revisit this one.

And I still love that cover art.

This discussion has been closed.