What are you listening to right now? (17 Seconds of Cicadas)

Comments

• I've been playing a lot of Eric Clapton in my car recently, perhaps I ought to play that Radiohead album too? I'll search it out, as I don't think it is on my iPod.

Clapton

The last track, Autumn Leaves, shows that he could have been more than a passable jazz guitarist!
  • Purple - Celebrating Jimi Hendrix

I've been downloading some ACT releases from eMusic, whilst the label is still there, including this 
  • Low - C’mon
  • Max Eastley and David Toop - Obscure No. 4; New and Rediscovered Musical Instruments
  • Vektroid- Telnet Complete
  • Beach Boys - That’s Why God Made the Radio
  • Liai- Lili

Part of my recently purchased Constellation Tatsu “summer batch” - really nice stuff in this batch.
  • Beach House - Bloom
  • Leonard Cohen - I’m Your Man

Thanks freegal!
  • Grouper - Ruins
  • The Chromatics - Drumless
  • Two tape comp (26 tracks) from "A Future Without" label out of Bristol.

• From his last album. Still like this song because it's a nod to the idea that if Gétatchèw Mèkurya played with Freiwillige Selbstkontrolle, or even Mau Mau with the elastic
    waviness of "You"ism Gong vocals, you could throw away yer bottlefuls of relaxants.

• edited September 2018

Visionary Hours - "Beyond the White"

I'm not sure if Visionary Hours is a one-person outfit or more, but basically this is a series of collaborations amongst musician who appear on recordings on the Preserved Sound label.  Here, in fact, are who they are:

acoustic and electric guitar, ebow, clarinet, cymbals – hayden berry
    piano – bruno sanfilippo | cello – adrianna maria kafel
    strummed zither – richard youngs | organ, noise – western skies motel
    bass flute – isnaj dui | bowed psaltery violin, zither – adrian lane
    mellotron – 3+ | fender rhodes, saxophone – trigg & gusset
    electric guitar – unconditional arms | bass – alex lipinski
    harmonium – the sly and the unseen | revox b77 – richard formby

The album is quite beautiful, and peaceful in a number of ways.  I purchased it just this morning and have lost count of how many times I've already listened to it.

• A pair of nice floaty releases from Desolate Horizons at Hidden Vibes - We'll Never Fade Away and I Thought I'd Never Find You.

• The final 92 compositions from Zorn’s Masada cycle. 
    Limited edition box set of 11 CDs.

John ZornThe Book Beri’ah

• edited September 2018
    Selling England By The Pound

This takes me back to 1973!!
  • edited September 2018
    Bird is the Worm posted a track 17 hours ago:

- Nice big band stuff by an unknown band.
  • Grateful Dead - 1985-06-30, Merriweather Post Pavilion
  • edited September 2018
    Made In Chicago

Memories of Jazz Fest past. It was an intimate gathering due to bad weather. Watching the radar, we went down there the minute after the storm blew through. Excellent decision. 
  • edited September 2018
    Lee Konitz- Motion

ETA: wow! Really like this. Stumbled across this in my Amazon drive; not even really sure where I got it, but thinking most likely guvera...
  • @Brighternow That track I posted is going to be included in an upcoming column. It's actually quite old and on a very well-known jazz label, and I changed the words of the metadata so that it might not trigger any warnings on anybody's radars.  But the album is out of print and and there's nothing nowhere for me to embed, so, fuck it, I did a thing.

It's also a test for a larger column I'm going to be putting together that features all the tracks from that album.
  • Boris - Pink [deluxe]
  • Wakesleep + Datavis present BassTechCustomTM
  • Replacements- 1980-07-17, Longhorn
  • Ala Muerte - Santa Elena
  • Various Artists, F500 - Music of the Now Age
  • The Apples In Stereo

1998 - Fun Trick Noisemaker                                 1999 - Her Wallpaper Reverie

2002 - Velocity Of Sound                                          2007 -  New Magnetic Wonder 
This discussion has been closed.