What are you listening to right now? (17 Seconds of Cicadas)

Comments

• James Davis Quintet- Disappearing Roads
  • A promising candidate for a dip into the LINE summer sale.

• Kaitlyn Aurelia Smith - Tides
  • amclark2 said:
    Kaitlyn Aurelia Smith - Tides
    Nice to see you, you have been missed

Sarah Belle Reid: trumpet, flugelhorn, electronics
    Ben Richter: just intonation V-accordion
    The Wild Beast, CalArts
    April 16, 2019
  • Image result for Mingus Dynasty

Spending the morning with Mingus and a stack of papers to grade...
  • edited August 2019
    httpsf4bcbitscomimga0338795806_14jpg
    - Wonderful guitarplayer . . .
  • Really enjoying this. I have a definite soft spot for the kind of minimalist release that plays an interesting sound and lets it hang in the air before playing the next one. This one does it really well. Great price at Boomkat.

• A Ras G mix I made that I'm not allowed to upload to Mixcloud or YouTube.
  • Cream - Wheels of Fire
  • luxury elite- noir
  • Francisco López

1998                          La Selva                                2010                    Untitled #244

2011                    Untitled [2009]                             2012                   Untitled #284
  • rostasi said:
    A Ras G mix I made that I'm not allowed to upload to Mixcloud or YouTube.
    Thanks.
  • Wheels Of Fire

Good to see you back amc2! I was thinking about what to play, so thanks for the reminder. I've not played this since before I upgraded my computer two and a half years ago, so time to play again
  • edited August 2019
    httpsf4bcbitscomimga0101254335_14jpg
    Luca Sigurtà is an electronic composer since the early 2000s: a great stride in his compelling and very personal musical journey. Luca's emotional electronic noise has become part of a mix together with slow paced rhythms and analogue synth delicate flows: a sort of very original trip-noise-hop; melodies with a remarkable melancholic feel and beautiful digital/analog sound
  • edited August 2019
    image195-1gifheadbanggifRogerTgif
    httpsf4bcbitscomimga3552276354_14jpg
    Prajecyrujučy Sinhuliarnaje Wypramieńwańnie Daktryny Absaliutnaha J Usiopahłynaĺnaha Zła Skroź Šaścihrannuju Pryzmu Sîn​-​Ahhī​-​Erība Na Hipierpawierchniu Zadyjakaĺnaha Kaŭčęha Zasnawaĺnikaŭ Kosmatęchničnaha Ordęna Palieakantakta​.​.​.
    by Eximperituserqethhzebibšiptugakkathšulweliarzaxułum
    No more no less . . . ;)
  • edited August 2019
    Digging heavily  into the Foetus catalogue at Emusic . . . with thanks to @confused

• Apollo Atmospheres And Soundtracks Extended Edition

Amazing album, remastered and sounds wonderful

• edited August 2019
    “Revelations of the Flowermind” by Solid Sun. Obscure but great Progressive Rock album that sounds if it so easily could have been made in the late 60s or early 70s but in fact was released in 2015. Try the track “Distance” first - outstanding!

And it’s still on eMusic - 4 tracks lasting over 27 minutes for 99 cents.

in fact it’s so good that it has motivated me to set up a new discussion topic “Great Progressive Rock on eMusic”!

https://www.emusic.com/album/6335791/Solid-Sun/Revelations-of-the-Flowermind

• edited August 2019
    httpsf4bcbitscomimga3837688142_14jpg
  • Francisco López

2013    Francisco López & Aernoudt Jacobs              2015                  Untitled #274
                                      - Lith

2016                        Anima Ardens
  • David Gray - Gold in a Brass Age
  • Image result for abbey road cover

This iconic photo was taken fity years ago yesterday! The music is pretty good too
  • edited August 2019

"During the past decade, a number of free music players in Japan have fiercely, with no compromise, continued to grapple with the questions that lay at the heart of the solo saxophone recital: how to tease and tear new formations out of the interface between human breath, human flesh and skeleton, and the instrument itself, its keys, holes, pads, reed, and brass body.
    With Free Wind Mood, An’archives splits one vinyl record down the middle, giving a side each to two of the most rigorous, exciting, and committed players from the scene: Harutaka Mochizuki and Makoto Kawashima.
    While there are elements of their playing that places them in a history of Japanese free blowing, from Kaoru Abe through Masayoshi Urabe to now, they both have a singular voice: Harutaka more stringent and tart, Kawashima, perhaps, more melancholy. Tellingly, they’ve both intersected with rock music and free sound ensembles, with Kawashima working alongside Nishizawa Naoto of EXIAS-J (Experimental Improvisers’ Association of Japan), while Harutaka has worked in a duo Tomoyuki Aoki of psych-rock group Up-Tight, and guitarist Kondo Hideaki (also of EXIAS-J).
    But both of them have made their most massive strides forward with their own solo releases, Kawashima’s potent Homo Sacer one of the final releases on PSF, and Harutaka’s Pas LP and Through The Glass CD exploring new terrain for the nexus of breath and brass. Moving on from those releases, Free Wind Mood is a devastating listening experience, blood and guts on the floor as the players fully inhabit the architecture of the space, and of the self, and play like their lives depend on it."
    Jon Dale

• Well, I have the 5 A&M albums in the vinyl collection and this one only in
    iTunes.
    The Flying Burrito Bros

1992                    Sin City
  • The Fiery Furnaces

2006                 - Bitter Tea
This discussion has been closed.