What are you listening to right now? (18 Musicians)

Comments

• edited May 2020
    @confused I listened to a bunch of his other ones some years back and came back to liking Mizuumi best - the others did not stick with me. The Resting Bell stuff is all free to download. I dunno, try Tokyo Morning Loop?
    Thanks, as I expect to be in the letter S for a while I'll do a bit more exploring. Free is always good so I'll start with Tokyo and then do some sampling at Bandcamp. Thanks for the suggestion, anyone else?
  • Salim Nourallah

2004                       Polaroid                                2007                Snowing In My Heart
  • @Lowlife and djh - you have reminded of the mid 80s and Kings Cross area. I did a Masters at the Institute of Education (off Russell Square) for a year commuting from Peterborough. I remember some great pubs in that area near the station, even heard a few decent bands too. Now we come into St Pancras Station next door, totally different area now. Can't see me getting the train to London for a while though...

Currently playing a Bruce Springsteen concert from 1999 at Chicago
  • greg said:
    @Lowlife and djh - you have reminded of the mid 80s and Kings Cross area. I did a Masters at the Institute of Education (off Russell Square) for a year commuting from Peterborough. I remember some great pubs in that area near the station, even heard a few decent bands too. Now we come into St Pancras Station next door, totally different area now. Can't see me getting the train to London for a while though...

Currently playing a Bruce Springsteen concert from 1999 at Chicago
    Glad to help! Yes a very changed area. To be honest some good and some bad things. It is a bit funny that they now have a "cultural hub" with Kings Place, which I enjoy. But OTOH the rest of the area now seems totally devoid of culture having been given over to bland corporate mega-stores, despite a branch of St Martin's Art College being there.  C'est La Vie and so forth. "Culture" and "scuzzy" apparently don't mix.
  • For the experimentally inclined, this is new out on 901 editions and well worth a listen. Quite thought-provoking.
    A Jisei is one of the death poems belonging to Japanese tradition, sometimes referred to as the last words, the last images or the last sounds before the farewell. Jisei is composed of fragments, memories, field recordings, explorations on emptiness and objects having personal meanings. The album is informed by dusty impressions as if they were brushes creating forms which disappear as they take shape. Each track on Jisei is infused with restraint and stillness.

Guindani created an immersive space of meditation, crafted in a time span of several days, where gestures instinctively occurred in the present moment without judgment or hesitation. The intangible forms Jisei is forged with remind of life’s fragility, bringing profound sensitivity and faint traces...
  • edited May 2020

The Darkening Scale - Lockdown Music 10 and 11
    The Darkening Scale is the solo project of David Janssen, aka Ted the Loaf, one half of the British duo Renaldo and the Loaf.

• Owl watching music.
    Saffronkeira

2012                      A New Life                              2013                   Tourette
  • THE FLOWER KINGS Unfold The Future reviews

Have not listened to the Flower Kings for a long time...

• edited May 2020
    httpsf4bcbitscomimga3942905821_16jpg
    released May 14, 2020
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________

Etienne Jaumet - 8 Regards Obliques

From Sun Ra with “Nuclear war”, Miles Davis in “Shhh / Peaceful” or “Theme from a symphony” by Ornette Coleman to “Caravan” (already quoted by many jazzmen), Etienne enjoyed revisiting classic jazz masterpieces and paying tribute to his inspirations. He allowed himself only one personal and original composition, “Ma révélation mystique”.
    - released November 1, 2018
  • edited May 2020
    Saffronkeira

2013           Saffronkeira + Mario Massa               2015                  Synecdoche
                              Cause And Effect

Ps- a most enjoyable listen, all great and Cause And Effect was terrific!
  • Time for a couple of shorties.
    Salvatore

2011        Damnatio archives.org
  • edited May 2020
    ...and one a lot less gloomy before bed (great gloomy BTW).
    Sabrina Pallini - Trio with Valeria Quarta & Giaime Mannias

2014                  Sun, Fire & Desire LIVE   nyp

ps - 13 min. set of bliss, what great voices.
  • Salome Bey

1992               I Like Your Company
  • Salt Lake Electric Ensemble

2010          Perform Terry Riley - In C                2017     Japanese Waves / Rainbow Road EP
                                                                             Emusic
  • edited May 2020

httpsf4bcbitscomimga2394822114_14jpg
    Jørgen Teller & The Empty Stairs - Live Arrogant
    Bass – Søren Gorm
    Drums – Tobias Kirstein
    Guitar – Jørgen Teller
    Jørgen Teller (b. 1958) is a composer and musician and has created soundtracks for international dance and performance events, theatre, poetry, video, film, architecture and radio. His works have been presented at numerous concerts and in theatre/performance productions and intermedia events in Europe, Japan, and North America. In 1999 he took the initiative for SSSHHHHH ..., the first Sound Biennale in Copenhagen.
    - Jørgen was often in the line-up whenever David Moss was visiting Copenhagen, back in the days when I was a "Copenhagener" . . . great musician !
  • edited May 2020
    httpsf4bcbitscomimga0838247595_14jpg
    Radio Massacre International - 'one' (1980)
    released May 16, 2020
    - "And so we return to the start…the 40th anniversary of the original release of an album we recorded over Xmas 1979". . . . 

• The Sadies

2006            In Concert Volume One                    2007                  New Seasons

2009           John Doe And The Sadies
                                Country Club
  • httpsf4bcbitscomimga2289760266_14jpg 
    released October 2, 2013
    - "this one's on us ! raise a glass to 20 years of RMI." 

• Camera by Yannis Kyriakides & Andy Moor from the album Pavilion
  • edited May 2020
    httpsf4bcbitscomimga0755069640_14jpg
    Early recordings from the time when they . . .
    I remember one of their first shows in Copenhagen where they brought drill hammers  and started to break down the stage at the venue, in an anarchistic house called Ungdomshuset (The Youth House)
    (- I was not in the audience)
  • edited May 2020
    And now on to something quite different:

httpsf4bcbitscomimga4066446246_14jpg
    :p
    Now, who would have thought that the artist would chose to present himself like this:
    WJLP image  - or like this: httpsi1sndcdncomavatars-000569067222-14jz0h-t200x200jpg
    Nevertheless, some very nice Dick Dale'ish twang sort of stuff.

• Sally Timms

1999      Cowboy Sally's Twilight Laments            2004              In The World Of Him
                         ...For Lost Buckaroos
  • Tame Impala -  The Slow Rush
  • Well, it's raining too hard now to be outside so back to the alphabet. My thanks to @peterfrederics
    for pointing out the Emusic album. I chose this album cover.
    Soft Machine

Recorded 1967        At The Beginning                 2017  MoonJune Years 2002-2018 (Sampler) nyp
    Emusic                                                                                       Soft Machine Legacy
This discussion has been closed.