Great Music on Amie Street for less than $4

Comments

• Says the guy who just dropped a REC daring Daytripper to catch him.

I did REC all of Wildbirds and Peacedrums, though, and I won't apologize!

Craig
  • True, true... but I never said I felt dirty for RECing the hell out of anything and everything (but Van Kool, CR, and TKWXQZ band)
  • I only said that for an album I already owned, though!

Don't tell amclark2 you wouldn't REC TKW Band. He's a fan, you know.

Craig
  • TKW band sort of overdid it with releases, but try out say 8 to 10 of the songs at random - they all sound the same - it's kind of sweet outsider stuff; reminds me of a less anoying Daniel Johnston. It was pretty dumb of me to rec. it though. If I don't watch out I'll start getting negative street cred and end up like brittleblood.
  • Here's a fun one for under $2 if you're into Rockabilly.
  • frogkopf,

I noticed that you've REC'd all of Scandinavian Gold... Ouch.

How many RECs do you have left to use? It's a lot, right? And you have a lot of credit too, right? Will you ever need to add money to your account again?

,Kenny
  • edited October 2009
    I downloaded and REC'd the Wildbirds & Peacedrums album. It's one of the best albums of the year, so I am happy to have it at a better bit rate than I got it at when I downloaded it a month ago from eMusic.

,Kenny
  • Scandinavian Gold should be REC'd. Good stuff.

Craig
  • edited October 2009
    It may be good, but it won't make money (all the tracks are promotional and forever free), so it was a waste of RECs.

,Kenny
  • Meh. It's not all about that. I've REC'd some things I knew wouldn't make any money just because they deserved it.

Craig
  • edited October 2009
    Well yeah. But it's not like someone needs much more of a recommendation when something is free.

,Kenny
  • My Street Cred just hit 10,000. Not bad for being a member for six months. 4000 of that has been in the last month. I've had some great luck with These United States, Thao, and The Mountain Goats all maxxing out after I REC'd every track.

OK, I'm done bragging about something so unimportant now...
  • Well DT....

I RECed the ScandiGold about a minute after it dropped, before realizing that it was a free sampler - no biggie, I've got plenty more to throw around (about 250 since you ask). Between the money still in my account and the uncashed REC money, I have about $400 still - all bought at 50% off. it will take me a while to burn through.

It doesn't take long to bump up your street cred. I was at about 6000 around the 4th of July, now look at me.
  • Some blues:

Furry Lewis - Good Morning Judge - $2.72

R.L. Burnside - Mr. Wizard - $2.63
  • edited October 2009
    that one's now $1.43 - still a good deal - this one's still free.

edit: no longer free either. but thanks Craig - I got both for $1.43 total. good deal!
  • It's strange that the older album isn't showing up in the New Releases.
  • Yeah I noticed it because of a link at the bottom of the first album's page. Got both for free, and RECed them all.

I hope the new shows up tonight or tomorrow...

Both worth having
  • Dang. Didn't see the second one. Oh well, from what I've heard it isn't quite as good as the first one, so I'll live.

Heard good things about the new one though.

Craig
  • It's still pretty good and well worth the $2 it still costs.
  • He he he....her actual name is Sarah Assbring!
  • edited October 2009
    In all the excitement about El Perro del Mar, everyone forgot to mention that there is a new Crimson Razorback song up.
  • Anyone else unable to get Amie Street to work?
  • It's starting to work now, as everybody realizes that the midnight drops aren't going to happen this week. My guess is that El Perro and Annie will drop around 3 AM
  • What makes you think they aren't happening until 3?
  • The last couple times there were some big releases expected at midnight and nothing new dropped they didn't show up until around then.
  • They're coming now...
  • Alright, frog, what were you able to REC while still free?
  • Get 'em while they're cheap:

El Perro del Mar - Love is Not Pop

Elvis Perkins in Dearland - The Doomsday EP
  • Think I got all of Elvis Perkins, Great Lake Swimmers, and about 3/4ths of El Perro del Mar (that Scandahoovian lass is going to make me serious REC money with her 3 albums) and Spiral Stairs. Got a bunch more in at about 20 cents a track. I RECed Atlas Sound at about 30 cents, so I figure I'll make back what I spent on it when it finally tops off.

It's too bad that they don't expand the window to edit RECs to an hour or two. I would go back and comment on about half the stuff I REC - I actually did email them with the suggestion a few months ago, but never heard back . Oh well, they set up the system, I'll just work within it to my maximum advantage.